X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UWG Thread 2019

Originally posted by UWGKOTK View Post
    To add to this years pricing changes:

The reserved Lot B parking is available through the "UWG Foundation" with a min $250 donation but there are no more individual reserved spots. Its on a first come first serve basis. So these prime spots people have had reserved for years can be taken from them if someone else gets there earlier.

Seems a bit unfair to the long-time donors with prime tailgate spots.

I think the University needs to consolidate the donation programs to one website with one drop-down menu to select which program/department you'd like to donate to and have the options fill in from there. Navigating through these sites is getting a bit confusing and there's little information on what each donation will get you (ie a parking pass for a football donation).

Comment

I'm not sure what the gain is from no longer offering reserved spaces, other then the savings from not printing the mirror hangers with the space number on it.

Comment

Their over thinking it.

Comment

I've seen, on several occasions, what appears to be a bigger crowd of tailgaters than game attendees at UWG. Never understood it, but I just might have a solution.

After kickoff, big VSU scoreboard type speakers blasting Barry M music in the tailgate section.
          They'll want to go SOMEWHERE quick and the stadium is right there!
          Last edited by Larold; 03-07-2019, 07:39 AM.

Comment

UWG Spring Game is supposed to be tonight. Weather likely will prevent that from happening. Was actually looking forward to it, for the first time in a couple of years. Doubtful, but it'd be cool to reschedule it.

Comment

Rain threat kept me home. Wonder how it went.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
                Rain threat kept me home. Wonder how it went.
                Seemed like the smallest group (# of players) that we've had for a Spring game in quite a while. Defense looked good - offense...............

QB wise, behind Willie seems pretty murky. One SR and two RS FR. Both RS FR are lefties - but I think I liked the 4th string kid the best out of the trio.

Hard to tell what we really have, to be frank.

Comment

UWG Baseball Coach, Skip Fite, retires after 10 seasons

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Wolf View Post
                    UWG Baseball Coach, Skip Fite, retires after 10 seasons
                    Thank God. Let's hope dickey does his homework for once. Of course now he's waited til there is not much money to hire somebody good

Comment

I saw mixed responses to his retirement announcement on twitter. Hopefully the replacement can spark some interest with the community and make us highly competitive. Does this make the most tenured head coach at UWG coach Dean?

Comment

Football season predictions? Lots of away games. Somewhere between 8-3 & 10-1. I have made arrangements to attend the opener at Catawba.

Comment

I believe UWG's gonna have a really good team this year. I've read that have 16 starters returning ( I know - always subject to academics). I know WG folks were bummed last year, but the team was 10-0 and winning convincingly through the season. Was probably the best UWG team in many years. Probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the country last year (out of 167 or so teams). They just ran into a VSU team that had an offense that was honestly pretty much unstoppable. It was an emotional loss, but I was kinda surprised that the Wolves couldn't re-focus before the Wingate game (West Georgia was the better team - I was surprised by the loss). I do know I didn't want VSU to have to play UWG a second time.

I have a daughter that lives pretty close to Carrolton. I think a whole lot of David Dean - a fine man and coach. Same for members of his coaching staff. I'm looking to visit my daughter and go to a couple of y'alls games this fall. Thinking maybe West Florida and of course VSU. Might find one other.

Hope the Wolves have another great year. I think they will.
                          Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 06-28-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf King View Post
                            Football season predictions? Lots of away games. Somewhere between 8-3 & 10-1. I have made arrangements to attend the opener at Catawba.
                            Closer to 8-3. I haven't heard about any O-Line upgrades as far as transfers and we only have 10 on the roster with very little experience besides Walter and Connors. Defense and our very athletic skill players will carry the team but we cant make a playoff run without a line.

I'll be at every home game I can make! Happy to have a couple night games. VSU night is chili night at the tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Wolf View Post
                              I saw mixed responses to his retirement announcement on twitter. Hopefully the replacement can spark some interest with the community and make us highly competitive. Does this make the most tenured head coach at UWG coach Dean?
                              Groninger.

Comment

Most teams will have 115-120 or so guys on the roster when camp starts. The ones and twos will get significant playing time. That means 70 or so guys that aren't getting playing time will think they're being mistreated. Add mamma's and daddy's and grandparents and aunts and uncles and girlfriends and there's a whole lotta folks that think Junior ain't been treated right (when the truth is his athleticism, his work ethic or his attitude are probably what kept him out of the mix).

In line with that, a number of years ago VSU was headed into the opening game. I asked Dean how many players had been on the roster to get to the 115 or so guys on the roster for opening day. He checked and there were 156 names that were or had been on the list. That means to get to the 115 on opening day 40 or so guys had either quit, were casualties of academics or had gotten into some kind of trouble (with coaches or otherwise) and were no longer on the team. That was eye opening to me (and is a pretty good reflection of the challenges all of these coaches have fielding a high performing team of 18 to 23 year olds every year).
                                Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 07-11-2019, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X