• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Florida
    replied
    Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
    2021 UWF FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT LOCATION
    Sept. 4 at McNeese State Lake Charles, La.
    SEPT. 11 SOUTHWEST BAPTIST PENSACOLA, FLA.
    Sept. 18 at Texas A&M-Commerce Commerce, Texas
    SEPT. 25 UNIV. OF FORT LAUDERDALE PENSACOLA, FLA.
    Oct. 2 at Delta State* Cleveland, Miss.
    Oct. 9 at North Greenville* Tigerville, S.C.
    OCT. 16 WEST GEORGIA* PENSACOLA, FLA.
    OCT. 23 SHORTER* PENSACOLA, FLA.
    Oct. 30 at Mississippi College* Clinton, Miss.
    Nov. 6 at West Alabama* Livingston, Ala.
    NOV. 13 VALDOSTA STATE* PENSACOLA, FLA.

* Gulf South Conference game; Home games in CAPS; Game times TBA; Schedule subject to change
    Man, it feels good to have the schedule out! That opening game is really exciting! Fort Lauderdale may have their hands full.

Sept 4, Sept 18 and Nov 13. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Leave a comment:

• West Florida
    replied
    Originally posted by GOX1 View Post

We do, I thought our safety's were good help vs the run last year but coverage skills was meh. The CB's is more of a concern. They played soft/too much cushion off the WR's.
    We have great depth at LB/Nickel though.

Glad we have a full schedule!
    How did Shannon Showers look? I liked what I saw from him in highlight tapes but that's a small sample size that I've seen.

Leave a comment:

• GOX1
    replied
    Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
    I was under the impression that the Argos were returning most of the secondary from 2019, did we lose some of those guys?
    We do, I thought our safety's were good help vs the run last year but coverage skills was meh. The CB's is more of a concern. They played soft/too much cushion off the WR's.
    We have great depth at LB/Nickel though.

Glad we have a full schedule!

Leave a comment:

• Uwfalum98
    replied
    2021 UWF FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    DATE OPPONENT LOCATION
    Sept. 4 at McNeese State Lake Charles, La.
    SEPT. 11 SOUTHWEST BAPTIST PENSACOLA, FLA.
    Sept. 18 at Texas A&M-Commerce Commerce, Texas
    SEPT. 25 UNIV. OF FORT LAUDERDALE PENSACOLA, FLA.
    Oct. 2 at Delta State* Cleveland, Miss.
    Oct. 9 at North Greenville* Tigerville, S.C.
    OCT. 16 WEST GEORGIA* PENSACOLA, FLA.
    OCT. 23 SHORTER* PENSACOLA, FLA.
    Oct. 30 at Mississippi College* Clinton, Miss.
    Nov. 6 at West Alabama* Livingston, Ala.
    NOV. 13 VALDOSTA STATE* PENSACOLA, FLA.

* Gulf South Conference game; Home games in CAPS; Game times TBA; Schedule subject to change

Leave a comment:

• Uwfalum98
    replied
    UWF Unveils 2021 Football Schedule

http://goargos.com/news/2021/3/23/uw...-schedule.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Uwfalum98
    replied
    If you have ESPN+ you can watch replays of some of the McNeese State spring games.

Leave a comment:

• Uwfalum98
    replied
    I was under the impression that the Argos were returning most of the secondary from 2019, did we lose some of those guys?

Leave a comment:

• West Florida
    replied
    Originally posted by GOX1 View Post

We did!
    I watched the scrimmage yesterday but our secondary scares me
    Forgot to "quote" you in the post above.

Leave a comment:

• West Florida
    replied
    That's been the position I've most wondered about. It seems like we have loads of talent at LB (which is awesome) but I've been very curious about our secondary. I wonder if there might be some help on the way over the late spring/summer (if needed) to help sure that area up for us.

Specifically was it from the CB position that concerned you or the entire secondary as a whole?

Leave a comment:

• GOX1
    replied
    Originally posted by West Florida View Post
    It sounds like we really performed well vs Florida A&M this weekend. They seem to keep a lot of it secretive but from what I've gathered and heard we got the best of them. That's a 9-2 FCS team from 2019. No idea what they have back from that team but that's a great sign.
    We did!
    I watched the scrimmage yesterday but our secondary scares me

Leave a comment:

• UWFMubbish
    replied
    McNeese plays in the Southland Conference and they will be hit hard by defections this fall -- Sam Houston, Stephen F Austin, Lamar, Ailene Christian, and Central Arkansas are bailing and it looks like half of their fall schedule is OOC. The Cowboys look like a solid, middle of the road team. I like the idea of playing an FCS team like them or Nicholls State or FAMU much better than some NAIA school like Ava Maria or Virginia Lynchburg to test our strengths and weaknesses. I do wish we could schedule USA -- perhaps that's a possibility down the road, although I can't see an FBS team wanting to play a DII school. Hey, I can dream

Leave a comment:

• Argonut
    replied
    Last edited by Argonut; 03-21-2021, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• West Florida
    replied
    It sounds like we really performed well vs Florida A&M this weekend. They seem to keep a lot of it secretive but from what I've gathered and heard we got the best of them. That's a 9-2 FCS team from 2019. No idea what they have back from that team but that's a great sign.

Leave a comment:

• West Florida
    replied
    I see it here. Gosh, they play LSU the following week. What a heck of a challenge that will be coming out of the gate.
    https://fbschedules.com/mcneese-football-schedule/

Leave a comment:

• West Florida
    replied
    Thanks for this info! Where did you see we play McNeese State? I love going and playing a team like that. Wow.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X