Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

How about West AL as a rival for West FL? You may feel like it's an unfair match but if you hang around long enough you'll find out that things change. Besides they're closest to you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
          How about West AL as a rival for West FL? You may feel like it's an unfair match but if you hang around long enough you'll find out that things change. Besides they're closest to you guys.
          Like the florabama cup, I think someone tried to get that sponsored but the florabama bar was not interested and I want to say forbid the use of the name.

UWA has tried to get the other two d2 schools in Alabama to establish a series but they hate each other. We did play both Tuskegee and Miles this season but that is unusual

Comment

We had the Coastal Classic with Florida Tech but unfortunately they are no longer with us.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp92PkjV...jpg&name=large

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

Like the florabama cup, I think someone tried to get that sponsored but the florabama bar was not interested and I want to say forbid the use of the name.

UWA has tried to get the other two d2 schools in Alabama to establish a series but they hate each other. We did play both Tuskegee and Miles this season but that is unusual
              I remember that, yeah the Florabama folks were none to pleased with us after all of the issues they had with that MTV show.

Comment

Alabama & Florida, things in common and other considerations
                1. Similar Flags - A saltire, also called Saint Andrew's Cross or the crux decussata - Battle of the Crux
                2. The Gulf - Battle of the Gulf (Gulf War seems inappropirate, all things considered)
                3. They share a north/south border and an east/west border (Perdido River) - The two Border war or The Perdido River Rivalry
                4. Panhandle region -
                5. Central time zone -
                6. Common crops - Cotton, peanuts, hay, soybeans
                7. All of Southern Alabama was once the state of West Florida so there's that
                I've included a couple ideas but I'll leave it to you Argos & Tigers to take it from here
                1. Click image for larger version  Name:	West Florida.jpg Views:	0 Size:	55.6 KB ID:	615274

Comment

Redneck Riviera Bowl

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

I remember that, yeah the Florabama folks were none to pleased with us after all of the issues they had with that MTV show.
                    They lost to Viacom in court. The name is even used in my hometown of Florence, Alabama I noticed during my visit over the weekend.
                    ViacomCBS has escaped claims brought by the Pensacola, Florida beach bar Flora-Bama in Florida federal court that MTV's reality show "Floribama Shore" infringes its trademarks.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

They lost to Viacom in court. The name is even used in my hometown of Florence, Alabama I noticed during my visit over the weekend.
                      No wonder they were ticked off and didn't want us to use the term. I didn't know they actually lost the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                        Redneck Riviera Bowl
                        Haha, not that it wouldn't be fitting....

Comment

Outside of regionally rivalries develop organically, you cant push it. The VSU/UNA/DSU rivalry developed because of great games in the regular season and then doing it again in the playoffs.
                          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
                            Outside of regionally rivalries develop organically, you cant push it. The VSU/UNA/DSU rivalry developed because of great games in the regular season and then doing it again in the playoffs.
                            West Alabama is 3-1 against West Florida. It seems once The Argos get a win over a team they believe they've surpassed that team. If the Tigers take them out this year, it's on, rivalry born. Right now UWF probably don't respect UWA, the one thing you need for a rivalry is mutual respect. If the Tigers catch them waiting for the Blazers in a couple weeks it could be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

West Alabama is 3-1 against West Florida. It seems once The Argos get a win over a team they believe they've surpassed that team. If the Tigers take them out this year, it's on, rivalry born. Right now UWF probably don't respect UWA, the one thing you need for a rivalry is mutual respect. If the Tigers catch them waiting for the Blazers in a couple weeks it could be a good one.
                              It's actually 3-2 UWA but UWF has won 2 of the last 3. This season gives the Argos a chance to tie the series and anyone who overlooks UWA is in trouble.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X