Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

Yes! No one else seems to have had any significant issues this season up until this game. That's why I'm so confused as to why people are making it seem like Flo is just a terrible service and it's been bad all season. It hasn't been. It's not Flo's website that was/is bad. It was, more than likely, West Alabama's broadcast.
    That might be because that's who we PAY for the service. If local teams, reception, etc are problematic, it's up to FLO SPORTS to fix them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

Yes! No one else seems to have had any significant issues this season up until this game. That's why I'm so confused as to why people are making it seem like Flo is just a terrible service and it's been bad all season. It hasn't been. It's not Flo's website that was/is bad. It was, more than likely, West Alabama's broadcast.
      Mine was bad when we played Shorter and MC but I have only tried to watch UWA.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

Mine was bad when we played Shorter and MC but I have only tried to watch UWA.
        I've watched every DSU game this season on Flo, home and away, and have had no significant issues. The UWF @ DSU game had minor buffering issues, but it was taken care of by the second half. Other than that, every game I've watched has been fine.
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

• We could have kept our old FREE crappy livestreams and I'm guessing if we weren't so fanatical we probably wouldn't pay FloSports the equivalent of buying the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu package with a few added extras. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
            We could have kept our old FREE crappy livestreams and I'm guessing if we weren't so fanatical we probably wouldn't pay FloSports the equivalent of buying the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu package with a few added extras. ;-)
            This is true, so unless there is a cost savings the FLO thing seems like a setback. As far as the game and refs, I've always believed that as long as it's equal, it's a non-factor (like algebra :), but if it is as some have said, that players now anticipate bad calls and use this fact to their advantage, then something has to be done because that has unfair implications.

Brandon says the pay would have to increse to get better officiating, so with conferences having a limited budget what can we do? Where do we move money from? I'm going to have to push back a bit on Brandon's thesis (only because there is no option). I'm one of those that if you can't afford a new ______________, then why even talk about it.

If we were able to institute a grading and certification system that we then leverage into becoming the only source to those "lucrative" D1 and possibly NFL jobs, might that not improve the situation? How about these, what if we took the lead in recruiting females or husband and wife teams (something to do together on weekends)? I may be off on this one because, I love working with my wife. What about going across the tracks and proactively recruiting from marginalized communities?

I was about to explore the more pay option but, there is no money, I can't imagine there is an ounce of fat in a D2 conference budget, mainely because they are funded by schools, with dwindling coffers.
            Last edited by boyblue; 10-18-2021, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Absolutely, Flosports is betting on the growth of regional/marginal sports content, it makes sense that they would make an investment in the quality of the product. They have the access to capital, so conferences should be leaning on them to invest in something that will insure the quality of the product.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X