Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miss. College @ VSU -- Homecoming!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miss. College @ VSU -- Homecoming!!!

    It's Homecoming week at VSU!!
    Events:
    Wednesday -- Sidewalk Chalking Contest
    Thursday -- Fan Fest at the Complex, Blazer Glow Pep Rally & Lip Sync
    Friday -- Alumni Golf Tournament(morning), Friday night - The Haunted Trail @ 8pm
    Saturday -- Parade at 11am, Game @ 3pm, Haunted Trail @ 8pm.
    Homecoming Court recognized at the game!

    #BlazerNation

  • #2
    Enjoy Homecoming!!

    Comment


    • #3
      So, our GSC columnist has selected MC to win.......not sure how I feel about that......

      #BlazerNation

      Comment


      • #4
        If MC can and does run like they did last week with a few passes Valdosta will loose for sure. Valdosta just honestly doesn’t have enough.

        Comment


        • #5
          Bigger question could Valdosta be headed for a loosing season? After being runner up last year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by statesmen supporter View Post
            Bigger question could Valdosta be headed for a loosing season? After being runner up last year.
            We've won the last three conference titles...........2018, 2019, 2021.


            #BlazerNation

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

              We've won the last three conference titles...........2018, 2019, 2021.
              I meant National runner up and yes they have been very consistent and congrats! But again this year I hope they can at least have a winning season. Because speaking from experience as a fan losing teams / seasons suck!

              Comment


              • #8
                I did see a slight improvement in the defense last week. If our defense can get a few stops. with our offense, we can be in games. But this defense seems really bad at stopping the run, and that's what MC does so well. If we lose this one, I see us losing to WG and WF also, giving us a losing season.

                Comment


                • #9
                  2 thoughts-

                  Last weeks loss could have been a lot worse. UWA dropped at least 6 catchable passes.

                  VSU has had at least 4 HC's since my time on this board. I don't recall in those previous "transitions" the difficulty of adjustment to a new coach(or whatever the cause) seen this season.
                  Was talent depleted to such a degree that Goff would be experiencing the same outcome?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Larold View Post
                    2 VSU has had at least 4 HC's since my time on this board. I don't recall in those previous "transitions" the difficulty of adjustment to a new coach(or whatever the cause) seen this season.
                    Was talent depleted to such a degree that Goff would be experiencing the same outcome?
                    Remember Coach Bell was 2-3 at this point in his first season.

                    VSU did lose a lot of talent. Only 2 returning defensive starters. Great offensive backfield but a depleted receiver corps and line. And don’t forget a completely different system and playbook! It takes time to develop these things.

                    While Coach Goff would have lost some players, those that remained would be working in a familiar coaching style and system, so the transition wouldn’t have been as extreme.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good Morning, BLAZERS!!! It's GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                      Gooooooo...............BLAZERS!!!



                      #BlazerNation

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Though there were some improvements last week, my concern is MC eating up clock and limiting our opportunity to score. They run, run, run, run and pop a 20 yard pass occasionally. Early season they had turnover issues, but I understand they've switched qbs and had a good week last week with him at the helm. Is Gaskins going to be able to go today as he hobbled off at end of game last week?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          VSU opened the game with intensity. The team hasn't quit.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            But then the defense wnt on the field.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Larold View Post
                              2 thoughts-

                              Last weeks loss could have been a lot worse. UWA dropped at least 6 catchable passes.

                              VSU has had at least 4 HC's since my time on this board. I don't recall in those previous "transitions" the difficulty of adjustment to a new coach(or whatever the cause) seen this season.
                              Was talent depleted to such a degree that Goff would be experiencing the same outcome?
                              That’s a great question!

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X