Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read that Middle Georgia State wants to go to D2, but there was nothing in today's list. Is that going to be taken up next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
      I read that Middle Georgia State wants to go to D2, but there was nothing in today's list. Is that going to be taken up next year?
      Yes, applying next year to join the Peach Belt.

Comment

• Middle Georgia is an up and coming school in Georgia. They are joining the NCAA and Peach Belt. The football program has been club level only. There is no indication they will field a D2 team as of yet
        Last edited by Wolf King; 07-13-2023, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post
          Interesting. But, Matt Brown disagrees.

Turns out it was the right leagues, just wrong institution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Werecowmoo View Post

Turns out it was the right leagues, just wrong institution.
            I’m thinking one of those two will be next. I’m hoping UWF!
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Man, Delta would fit perfectly in that footprint. If Delta was financially stable, I'm sure the UAC or Southland would extend an invite.
              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

I’m thinking one of those two will be next. I’m hoping UWF!
                Definitely not VSU. They can barely afford D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shugley View Post

I hope Shorter finds something more workable. They've been trying GSC for almost 10 years, and when you can count your conference wins on one hand in a ten year time span, maybe it's time to try something else. Selfishly I want them to stay, but practically they need to do what is best for their students and university, and I have to believe there are better options for them. SAC or back to NAIA.
                  Emmanuel and Young Harris in NE GA are non-football members of the conference, and Shorter has more in common with them than the GSC.with them being small religious colleges. Heck, the most of the conference including the affiliate members are all small colleges.

Comment

• Both Shorter and Young Harris are now members of Conference Carolinas.
                    Last edited by Eagle74; 10-17-2023, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                      Both Shorter and Young Harris are now members of Conference Carolinas.
                      Looks like they found a solution. Now the GSC needs to do the same and find football schools that will be competitive. *y’all got anymore of them west floridas laying around…*

Comment

• Originally posted by Shugley View Post

Looks like they found a solution. Now the GSC needs to do the same and find football schools that will be competitive. *y’all got anymore of them west floridas laying around…*
                        I can preemptively give you Jamestown from ND

Comment

• West Florida is dropping to D3 after Saturday's performance. I think it's the right move.
                          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

• I guess the move to D3 has been put off, but seriously any news on the fate of the rest of us?

Comment

• I'm hearing this morning that the Southland Conference is trying to convince UNA and UWF to join. The message to me said they've been on campus in Florence multiple times as recently as last week. I'm also told that UNA continues to decline the offer. I can see why UNA isn't interested but I do think the Southland would be a good landing spot for UWF as far as geography is concerned. I hope the Argos will strongly consider it.
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I'm hearing this morning that the Southland Conference is trying to convince UNA and UWF to join. The message to me said they've been on campus in Florence multiple times as recently as last week. I'm also told that UNA continues to decline the offer. I can see why UNA isn't interested but I do think the Southland would be a good landing spot for UWF as far as geography is concerned. I hope the Argos will strongly consider it.
                                They'd be fools not to accept the invite. Especially with the way the GSC is trending. Unless they have different FCS conference in mind.
                                RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                                Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X