Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf King View Post
    The GSC disaster may finally provide the impetus for UWG to raise the money necessary to move up and join the Atlantic Sun.
    There are rumors floating in recent weeks that UWG, Lincoln Memorial, and Tampa are possibly replacing Liberty, Kennesaw State, and Jacksonville State in the ASUN.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

There are rumors floating in recent weeks that UWG, Lincoln Memorial, and Tampa are possibly replacing Liberty, Kennesaw State, and Jacksonville State in the ASUN.
      I'd be surprised if LMU moved up. They've tried before, but you have to fly into Knoxville to get to Harrogate. And the school has some accreditation issues if what I've been told is true.

That being said, it would throw SAC basketball wide open with them and Queens being gone.

Comment

Follow up hypothetical. If let's say UWG, Valdosta, and UWF were to go D1. What are the best options for Delta, MC and UWA? And the other non football GSC schools?

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

I was thinking the same thing. What is the GSC's long term plan after 2024? I think UWG, VSU, and UWF will be just fine. I believe they will be moving to FCS in the near future. I'm worried about DSU and UWA.
          UWA should go back down to NAIA again and try to dominate it. I guess being a D2 Independent is okay or is it? Do independents get assigned a region for the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
            Follow up hypothetical. If let's say UWG, Valdosta, and UWF were to go D1. What are the best options for Delta, MC and UWA? And the other non football GSC schools?
            I would say DSU to the GAC. Maybe UWA, too. MC, being a private school, may fit well in the SAC, but distance would probably kill that idea.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post

UWA should go back down to NAIA again and try to dominate it. I guess being a D2 Independent is okay or is it? Do independents get assigned a region for the playoffs?
              I think independents would have a hard time filling a schedule. I'm not sure about what region for playoffs. I'd guess the region they're in.
              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

With the GSC stepping up in helping Conference Carolina football teams (on multiple occasions), in the event where the GSC possibly has a team or two move to another division, I have no doubt in my mind that Conference Carolinas would help the remaining GSC football programs in any way they could. Who knows, eventually the 2 conferences may combine for football and become the new GSC (Greater South Conference).

Also, I know it's early, but with the new announcements, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see at least one (and possibly two) additional Conference Carolina schools adding football in the not to distant future. Same holds true for a PBC school potentially adding football.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                  Remember, FCS only exists for football. It's an all sports move to make the jump to D-1. VSU doesn't have the money for such a move; at least that's what they have long claimed. UWG has an advantage over VSU and UWF for such a move in both facilities and location, but does UWG have the money? UWF is playing games on a practice field.

Comment

There is an NAIA conference in Florida. The only real hope the GSC has is for some or all of those schools to jump to D-2, but I don't know if that is feasible.

Comment

FIT athletes are still pressing the school to reinstate the sports it cut. Many of them are still on campus and not playing sports because FIT is honoring their scholarships.
                      Josh Navarro spends time rowing in Vero Beach, but one thing sits heavy on his mind. His university decided to drop 5 varsity sports programs to "club status."
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

FIT athletes are still pressing the school to reinstate the sports it cut. Many of them are still on campus and not playing sports because FIT is honoring their scholarships.
                        And this doesn't even mention football, nor women's golf which they announced they were cutting right before winning the national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf King View Post
                          The GSC disaster may finally provide the impetus for UWG to raise the money necessary to move up and join the Atlantic Sun.
                          Problem is that Carmichael and Kelly have no desire to move up right now. They want to "establish" a winning track record in the GSC before moving up. I've heard them both say this repeatedly. In fact, the two of them were eating dinner together a few months ago when the rumor broke out about UWG being vetted by the A-Sun and neither one knew what the reporter was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Werecowmoo View Post

Problem is that Carmichael and Kelly have no desire to move up right now. They want to "establish" a winning track record in the GSC before moving up. I've heard them both say this repeatedly. In fact, the two of them were eating dinner together a few months ago when the rumor broke out about UWG being vetted by the A-Sun and neither one knew what the reporter was talking about.
                            I mainly question the rumor because of the new ASUN-WAC Football Conference and their wild quest to move to FBS in 2025. With the transition years, I don't see how a D2 call-up fits into that situation.

I think the GSC six are pretty solid. But, they need more. At least 8.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Werecowmoo View Post

We have all heard that talk with Southern Indiana and how they don't plan on going D1 in the next decade etc but now they are going D1. I can't say I trust any AD or anything. They can't say ya we are going D1 either unless the deal is sealed either. I'd love for them all to go D1

Comment

I mainly question the rumor because of the new ASUN-WAC Football Conference and their wild quest to move to FBS in 2025. With the transition years, I don't see how a D2 call-up fits into that situation.

I think the GSC six are pretty solid. But, they need more. At least 8.
                                Six presents scheduling problems for the GSC, but it gives the conference an incredible opportunity to host home playoff games.

The more teams a conference has, the closer to .500 their SOS will be. The fewer teams a conference has, the farther away (good or bad) from .500 it will be.

I'd personally love to see all conferences capped at eight but that will never happen.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X