Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angelo State at West Alabama (Thurs 8/31)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
    I guess we have a QB controversy haha since both 9 and 15 are alternating each series. Come on Coach G. Get this crap fixed. I know you got it in you. OL doesn’t look bad in pass blocking. Can’t do crap run blocking. Need more up the middle and trap runs. We’ve thrown to an awesome TE twice I think. Let’s get him involved more and more passes to RB out in the flats. I truly believe we got the talent on Offense, just need to be more creative.
    I'm not so sure that losing matters anymore at UWA.

Comment

Final 38-14. They had 3 TO, we had 5. I think 9 at qb is a very good runner. I think 14 although only 2-2 is better than 15. I have no idea what happened to our starter at RB Webb. He had 3 carry’s first series and he went MIA. Our stud DL 44 went out with injury. Forget what I said earlier about our OL. They were pitiful across the board. Gave up 3 sacks and 10 TFL’s. Our P was better than I thought at 37.4. Again, pitiful performance on Offense. We were up 14-10 at half. Coach G needs to do some butt chewing at the offense including the offensive coaches. Limestone about beat UWG tonight and we’re playoff team in 22. I do not see a W in that game at all. I truly could see us winning two games this year, maybe. Cho wan and Shorter, but those are maybes.

Comment

Lol I told you guys UWA needed to clean house and you guys thought I was playing. Get ready for a long season! We may be able to beat Shorter and Chowan, but with the way our offense is looking right now it looks slim. The coaches haven’t developed any players over the last 2-3. We can barely run the ball and don’t have time to throw it, when we do the QB decides to throw it directly to the other team. Time to take out the garbage.

Comment

Sounds like UWA faithful as frustrated as I was last year with the blazers. Doesn’t look like UWG did a lot but got a W.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLifeUWA View Post
            Lol I told you guys UWA needed to clean house and you guys thought I was playing. Get ready for a long season! We may be able to beat Shorter and Chowan, but with the way our offense is looking right now it looks slim. The coaches haven’t developed any players over the last 2-3. We can barely run the ball and don’t have time to throw it, when we do the QB decides to throw it directly to the other team. Time to take out the garbage.
            Think I read where your HC, winningest coach in UWA history with 50 something wins over about 10 years, ain't saying a whole lot.
            WART may be being too optimistic with 2 wins. Shorter way want to prove something on their way out.

Not sure UWA is the only train wreck in GSC this season. VSU may run close.

Comment

Just an observation but it is much easier to defend the run when there is no threat of passing. I don’t know if it is player development, play calling, protection, route running or something else but the passing game has to get better or it will be a long season of “Larold’s Loser” UWA.

I don’t like to put blame on college kids because I know they want to do their best and win. Coaches have to put players in positions to be successful. There were more than a few questionable play calls that even the TV crew remarked on. Two passes from their own 2 then a run and a QB run on 3rd and very long on the plus side of the field close to fg range to name two.

I don’t know if we could move the train enough to wreck!

Get me outta here Percy…
              Last edited by UWAalum; 09-01-2023, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

Think I read where your HC, winningest coach in UWA history with 50 something wins over about 10 years, ain't saying a whole lot.
                WART may be being too optimistic with 2 wins. Shorter way want to prove something on their way out.

50 wins in 10 years is laughable. It looks good on paper saying the most winningest coach in UWA history but it comes out to around 6 games a year. Barely scratching the surface above .500. Since we won the GSC in 201y we’ve been diminishing ever since. We’ll probably give Shorter their first conference win in years. IMO it is development because from playing there I know what’s actually going on at practice , film , weight room, etc. UWA needs a serious head coaching change but when you’re rubbing elbows with the AD and President it’s hard to do so. On Campus we tend to have a “family” mindset and seem to be okay with mediocrity. It Stinks!

Comment

Games can get away from you, especially early in the season so I'm sure you guys will will be better. As for you prognostication of the Blazers, I expect you may be right as well as we could be a really good team. I'm riding with Herb until the wheels falls off, I can't imagine he could be so wrong about coaching talent. All I want is a ticket to the dance and then at least I'll know we're headed in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
                    Just an observation but it is much easier to defend the run when there is no threat of passing. I don’t know if it is player development, play calling, protection, route running or something else but the passing game has to get better or it will be a long season of “Larold’s Loser” UWA.

I don’t like to put blame on college kids because I know they want to do their best and win. Coaches have to put players in positions to be successful. There were more than a few questionable play calls that even the TV crew remarked on. Two passes from their own 2 then a run and a QB run on 3rd and very long on the plus side of the field close to fg range to name two.

I don’t know if we could move the train enough to wreck!

Get me outta here Percy…
                    MERCY. PERCY!

Comment

No offense
                      Can't get FLO for some reason although they will renew me 9-23 lol
                      "Ditto"
                      <>

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLifeUWA View Post

50 wins in 10 years is laughable. It looks good on paper saying the most winningest coach in UWA history but it comes out to around 6 games a year. Barely scratching the surface above .500. Since we won the GSC in 201y we’ve been diminishing ever since. We’ll probably give Shorter their first conference win in years. IMO it is development because from playing there I know what’s actually going on at practice , film , weight room, etc. UWA needs a serious head coaching change but when you’re rubbing elbows with the AD and President it’s hard to do so. On Campus we tend to have a “family” mindset and seem to be okay with mediocrity. It Stinks!
                        I get that UWA fans are upset even losing to a Top 5 team in the country is not what we all expect from our programs. But to compare that to our VSU situation isn’t really fair in my opinion. In your coach’s 8 seasons he has 57 wins so a little over 7 a year. But the 8 seasons before he got there UWA had 49 wins right at 6 a year. The 8 seasons before that 19 wins just over 2 a year.
                        No offense but that’s improvement and VSU’s history is a lot higher than that. So the decline our program has seen is an actual decline and has been fast. Maybe this year we right the ship that is TBD.
                        I get it that expectations are higher which some could argue they are that way because of the improved success over the last 8 seasons under your coach. I realize Tigerlife has a grudge to bear for not getting to play much or whatever the issue and hopefully this anonymous outlet allows him to get that off his chest and feel better but the rest of you who have been around the GSC a lot longer, let’s not grab VSU into this conversation and pretend like UWA’s past is as strong as ours. Longer way to fall over here.

Comment

... the only train wreck in GSC this season. VSU may run close.
                          TBD.
                          <>

Comment

No offense
                            Can't get FLO for some reason although they will renew me 9-23 lol
                            STATS could be a comedy hit even on CNN. Stats still in 2nd qtr TOP is over 45 minutes
                            You can email them for questions or complaints; [email protected]
                            <>

Comment

Originally posted by VSUBlaze View Post

I get that UWA fans are upset even losing to a Top 5 team in the country is not what we all expect from our programs. But to compare that to our VSU situation isn’t really fair in my opinion. In your coach’s 8 seasons he has 57 wins so a little over 7 a year. But the 8 seasons before he got there UWA had 49 wins right at 6 a year. The 8 seasons before that 19 wins just over 2 a year.
                              No offense but that’s improvement and VSU’s history is a lot higher than that. So the decline our program has seen is an actual decline and has been fast. Maybe this year we right the ship that is TBD.
                              I get it that expectations are higher which some could argue they are that way because of the improved success over the last 8 seasons under your coach. I realize Tigerlife has a grudge to bear for not getting to play much or whatever the issue and hopefully this anonymous outlet allows him to get that off his chest and feel better but the rest of you who have been around the GSC a lot longer, let’s not grab VSU into this conversation and pretend like UWA’s past is as strong as ours. Longer way to fall over here.
                              Not sure, but don't think anyone(ever) was comparing the UWA mess to the 2022 VSU football hiccup. No one has ever called Livingston "Title town" or even close.
                              There is no comparison between the two programs. What is being expressed is how the program has declined after a few years of success. Will Hall spoiled lots of folks and had the nerve to prove championships were possible in Livingston. He left the program in the middle of the night and the coffers were pretty empty, but hope still exisited.
                              I'm sure the current coach is a fine fellow, and to hear him speak regarding the program, it appears everything is fine to him.With all the improvements to the stadium and other areas some might expect overall improvement to the football program. Emelle tells me it all starts at the Presidents office, and if he is happy with the current state, then everyone else needs to learn to live with it.

VSU will return to their glory days. Whether with the current coach, or with Herb's replacement "replacement."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X