Clear All

• UWF Stadium

Wow!!

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

D1 here they come

Comment

Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post
      D1 here they come
      Absolutely. This was the step needed. Although, it will be a small FCS stadium to start. The local news says it will initially seat 7500 with ground breaking in 2026.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

nice looking stadium

Comment

Looks like planned groundbreaking in 2026. Leaves 2 years to get added to the ASUN

Comment

UWF is as good as gone from D2. Hard to blame them...GSC football is 1-2 seasons away from entering a convalescent center. Wouldn't be shocked to see Valdosta St join Conference Carolinas at some point (can't see the Blazers moving up to D1, but I could be wrong).

Comment

Good for them, CC could use Valdosta. GSC football is a dead man walking but what about the Olympic sports? Will it collapse in total?

Comment

Well done UWF! Smart move.
                The once mighty GSC is quickly becoming a shell of its former self.
                RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                Delta State University, GSC

Comment

I love the concourse area on the home side carrying around to the covered end zone. It evokes the concourse at the original Blue Wahoo stadium and I have been hoping that any new stadium would have this wide walking area behind the seats. Would love to have it go all around the entire stadium, but as a first design step it’s a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                    Good for them, CC could use Valdosta. GSC football is a dead man walking but what about the Olympic sports? Will it collapse in total?
                    Olympic sports should be fine. Even after Shorter and West Georgia leave, the GSC will still have 11 members, with another one waiting in the wings to join in 2024 (Trevecca Nazarene from the G-MAC). Seems more likely that the GSC will go the GNAC route where its remaining football teams take up shop as affiliates in other conferences, and it continues on as a non-football conference.

Comment

Conference Carolina just added Ferrum College to the conference. While not a very big school they are financially strong with a high quality football stadium and football facilities. Ferrum is located in southwestern VA.
                      Longterm, I believe VSU would enjoy the stabilization of the fast growing CC.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X