Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadarican Week 2 Regional Rankings

Week 2 Rankings are here. Please feel free to chime in. I have been doing these rankings for several years and solely do it for fun, and apparently because I have too much free time on my hands (that'll change come April haha).

Super Region I
    1. Notre Dame
    2. Slippery Rock
    3. West Chester
    4. IUP
    5. Ohio Dominican
    6. Kutztown
    7. Cal U
    ----------------------
    8. Findlay
    9. Shepherd
    10. Fairmont State

NOTES: 9 of the 10 teams in SR1 remained the same, with New Haven dropping out and being replaced by SR1 power Shepherd, in their first season in the PSAC. Findlay, despite the loss to Ferris State (#2 nationally) moved up in the rankings, while Fairmont State fell from #6 to #10.

Super Region II
    1. Valdosta State
    2. West Georgia
    3. Lenoir-Rhyne
    4. Wingate
    5. West Alabama
    6. Virginia Union
    7. Florida Tech
    ----------------------
    8. Carson-Newman
    9. Bowie State
    10. Albany State

NOTES: SR2 didn't face a lot of changes early on, but the biggest change is the Argos of West Florida dropping from #6 to unranked in the rankings. After beating the Argos and dominating for a lot of the game (unfortunately not on the scoreboard because of missed chances), Carson-Newman goes from unranked into the #8 spot. Eagles have a bye week this week before getting #4 Wingate. Virginia Union also leapfrogged a few teams, going from #9 to #6.

Super Region III
    1. Ferris State
    2. Ouachita Baptist
    3. Northwest Missouri
    4. Grand Valley
    5. Indianapolis
    6. Central Missouri
    7. Pittsburg State
    -----------------------
    8. Harding
    9. Fort Hays
    10. Ashland

NOTES: Not a ton of change in SR3 this week, but the Mules came out of nowhere. Going from unranked to #6 in this weeks rankings. Ashland drops 2 spots, but Fort Hays fell from #4 to #9. The Tigers are a good team and should end up in the playoff race.

Super Region IV
    1. Minnesota State
    2. Tarleton State
    3. CSU-Pueblo
    4. Texas A&M-Commerce
    5. Midwestern State
    6. Minnesota Duluth
    7. Colorado Mines
    -----------------------
    8. Angelo State
    9. West Texas A&M
    10. Eastern New Mexico

NOTES: Six!! Six teams from the Lone Star Conference are in the rankings this week. That'll definitely dwindle down as the season goes along, but the rankings like the LSC fella's early. Top 7 remain the same, with Mines and Duluth trading places. 8-10 is all newcomers, with Azusa, Central Washington and Sioux Falls falling out of the Top 10.

Thanks for doing this. Uncanny how accurate you have been when the dust settles late Fall.

Comment

I have to agree but I've been surprised. Last year I didnt get the order correct, but I did correctly have 27 of the 28 playoff teams, missing only on I think Azusa?

I enjoy doing it tho. I do it for FBS, FCS and D3 as well.

Comment

Comment

Interested to see how you rank West Georgia... They played poorly against Limestone, and they can't block a soul up front. (I know it's a new year and new teams) but they did just lose in the playoffs to the #4 team. I think history is playing too big a part in the rankings. Otherwise, pretty accurate rankings the rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog89 View Post
            Interested to see how you rank West Georgia... They played poorly against Limestone, and they can't block a soul up front. (I know it's a new year and new teams) but they did just lose in the playoffs to the #4 team. I think history is playing too big a part in the rankings. Otherwise, pretty accurate rankings the rest of the way.
            thanks for input and I agree. However these rankings are BEFORE this past weekends games, the poor play against Limestone hadn't been reflected yet.. UWG will probably drop below LR in the next rankings. UWG is ranked highly in both human polls and in all 4 computer rankings. New poll should be out Wednesday night probably.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

thanks for input and I agree. However these rankings are BEFORE this past weekends games, the poor play against Limestone hadn't been reflected yet.. UWG will probably drop below LR in the next rankings. UWG is ranked highly in both human polls and in all 4 computer rankings. New poll should be out Wednesday night probably.
              All I'm saying is I've watched UWG and they are not even a top 5 team in their own region. I see them losing to Delta, West Al, Valdosta, probably West Fl, and maybe even FT. This is not a good football team and I don't think they could even finish top 3 in the SAC

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog89 View Post

All I'm saying is I've watched UWG and they are not even a top 5 team in their own region. I see them losing to Delta, West Al, Valdosta, probably West Fl, and maybe even FT. This is not a good football team and I don't think they could even finish top 3 in the SAC
                I agree with you, UWG is not a very good team right now and in fact they may lose all those games. As we know early season rankings mean little -to-nothing but it is clear that UWG should not have been ranked in the polls. UWG has not been the same team since they lost the last game of the regular season in 2018 to eventual National Champion Valdosta State. Counting that game they are 2-3 since then. I would argue though that they would still be a competitive team in the SAC. I have seen a number of posts from you similar to the one above. I am just curious as to why you have such a bias against UWG. It is not like they are a conference rival.

Comment

Not necessarily a bias against them. I was close with several players that went there. The problem for me was that they are in a similar situation as Florida St. They were good before, but they were all transfer players and there was almost no coaching being done besides throw it up to the fast guy. A well coached team will beat backyard football most of the time if they have decent talent. Now they have even less talent and they didn't do well in the transfer portal. On their 2 deep they had 20 transfers out of the 25 shown. This year they have like 10 on the entire team. My only thing was everyone picked them to do well because they've basically been good before... which is a terrible way to think. History basically means nothing when it comes to wins and losses, it's all about the coaches and players that are there right now. At the end of the day it's all opinions until Sunday rolls around and we all see the scores. I never wish bad things on any teams, because without rivalries and trash talk, football wouldn't be the sport it is!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X