Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be fine. Darn fat fingers.

Comment

OUCH!! Total domination by Ferris State. Luckily FSU called their Dogs off early (classy move) or the score would have been much uglier. Looks as though a lot of the Bear's fans didn't bother to watch this onslaught, attendance 2,094.

Better luck next week Bears, the season is still early.

Comment

Well I know two things for sure. We have a very good defense and very average offense at best. I am sure of one other observation Ferris State is not the best team in the country this year. We definitely need a qb that can run and pass and I don’t think we have any plays that features the qb running. Our offense is pretty much run it up the middle so far. Didn’t throw a single pass to the tight end up the middle. Not very creative on offense lets teams stack the middle for the run play which is what Ferris did. Overall I felt like our players were very comparable to theirs. They just had a better game plan and were fortunate our defensive backs dropped three interceptions with one for an easy pick six. Still think we have a chance this year but qb has got to improve his performance or we are in for a lot of close games.

Comment

LR fans... cmon. Please be realistic. Ferris State has a harlon hill candidate at QB and he didn’t play. If he would have, Ferris would have put up 50 points. The two QBs they played couldn’t throw. They have a national championship caliber team.

To keep it simple, LR has a decent defense, but a bad team. I seen lots of bad attitudes and the offense is the worst I’ve seen since the Coach Kellar days.

if you still feel optimistic after that game, you live in an alternate reality and I can’t help you.

LR can build a beautiful stadium, weight room, etc., but where are the results? The bears are hardly good enough to compete in the SAC, and they are nowhere near competing on a national level. These coaches are horrid.

How do they not have a competent quarterback? With facilities this nice, could they not recruit someone to come play? What about the wide open transfer portal? what about some of the veterans from the team last year?

it looked to me like the bears knew they didn’t stand a chance even against a team playing their 2nd and 3rd string QBs. So sad.

another thing, how do you vote your QB as a team captain, and then bench him after one bad game? Especially for a quarterback that played as awful as #10 did today.

also, where is all American Dwayne McGee? He gets all this hype, signed a big NIL deal, heck he even has jerseys for sale in the stadium, but how many yards did he have today? Like 40? Terrible. Someone like that is supposed to be a difference maker.

the state of the Bears right now is not good. Sometimes the truth hurts.

Comment

Ferris led by 13-5 at the half. Put together two touchdown drives of one yard and 33 yards to seal the win.

Comment

Originally posted by d2superfan10 View Post
              LR fans... cmon. Please be realistic. Ferris State has a harlon hill candidate at QB and he didn’t play. If he would have, Ferris would have put up 50 points. The two QBs they played couldn’t throw. They have a national championship caliber team.

To keep it simple, LR has a decent defense, but a bad team. I seen lots of bad attitudes and the offense is the worst I’ve seen since the Coach Kellar days.

if you still feel optimistic after that game, you live in an alternate reality and I can’t help you.

LR can build a beautiful stadium, weight room, etc., but where are the results? The bears are hardly good enough to compete in the SAC, and they are nowhere near competing on a national level. These coaches are horrid.

How do they not have a competent quarterback? With facilities this nice, could they not recruit someone to come play? What about the wide open transfer portal? what about some of the veterans from the team last year?

it looked to me like the bears knew they didn’t stand a chance even against a team playing their 2nd and 3rd string QBs. So sad.

another thing, how do you vote your QB as a team captain, and then bench him after one bad game? Especially for a quarterback that played as awful as #10 did today.

also, where is all American Dwayne McGee? He gets all this hype, signed a big NIL deal, heck he even has jerseys for sale in the stadium, but how many yards did he have today? Like 40? Terrible. Someone like that is supposed to be a difference maker.

the state of the Bears right now is not good. Sometimes the truth hurts.
              Go away buddy

Comment

I am afraid d2superfan10 is correct, spot on on his comments. I am now convinced this coaching staff is just plan BAD. We have no quarterback (yes, I was hopeful after last week but not after today). I have said for two years McGee is a skatback, not a tailback. He not only can not move a pile, can not break a tackle that his grandmother puts on him.
                Our play calling today with almost no exception was McGee to the center of the line, McGee again to the center of the line, 3rd down was qb to throw a pass to the turf, now punt it away.

The defense is really really good but when they play nearly 80% of the game??? they get tired, and then get beat, sometimes badly.
                If I were the D Coach, starting tomorrow, the wideout defenders and cornerbacks and safeties would practice CATCHING THE BALL 2 solid hours a day until they can catch the passes that hits them in the hands.

We do not deserve any consideration for "elite" status at this time and Jacob and crew now own the players. As I have said on this site for 2 years, they knew our needs and did absolutely nothing to fix them.
                Or worst, maybe they did not know.

I said earlier I did not expect us to win today, but I hoped for a close, tight game. I hoped that Jacob and crew would show that they are building this team. Unfortunately, they did not show that.
                Today should have been an eye opening day for the administration and even the most ardent fan, of which I am one.

Comment

I thought the defense played well yesterday considering they were on the field most of the game and in my opinion were a little undersized compared to FSU. It baffles me as well that they seem unable to catch passes the seem to be right to them, they need to work on that. As for the offense or lack there of, McGee is good in space but if there is no hole he is not going anywhere, so why do they keep trying to run the same play over and over and over. They need to get the running backs on the edges to let them have a chance. LR needs a QB that is a threat, I mean the QBs I've seen so far are not very accurate with their passes and they don't seem to be speedsters so all they are there for is to hand off to the RB. You would have thought the coaching staff would have realized this in the off season and attempted to get a player who fit the bill.
                  They will probably loss a couple more SAC games and finish 3rd or 4th in the league unless they make some major adjustments on offense. I hope Kim Pate has a list of potential coaches in her pocket as she will probably be needing it by the end of the season.

Comment

Just read Chuck Bitner's National update. If that was Ferris' 2nd and third QB, OMG what would have happened if #1 had played? Maybe 2 or 3 or both could be convinced to do a mid year transfer. I mean like tomorrow! LR has room for them in the classrooms I am sure.

I thought the D Backs had 4 opportunities for INT's. Maybe it was only 3. What would the complexation of the game have been if just two of them had been taken to the house? At least two of the opportunities were clear sailing for a pick 6's.
                    I ask this because the Defense got really tired later in the game having been on the field MOST of the game. Ferris offense got more and more confident as the game wore on.

The only part of the game that LR won was the kicking game. Our punter is really good. And unfortunately we saw him perform a lot Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                      Just read Chuck Bitner's National update. If that was Ferris' 2nd and third QB, OMG what would have happened if #1 had played? Maybe 2 or 3 or both could be convinced to do a mid year transfer. I mean like tomorrow! LR has room for them in the classrooms I am sure.

I thought the D Backs had 4 opportunities for INT's. Maybe it was only 3. What would the complexation of the game have been if just two of them had been taken to the house? At least two of the opportunities were clear sailing for a pick 6's.
                      I ask this because the Defense got really tired later in the game having been on the field MOST of the game. Ferris offense got more and more confident as the game wore on.

The only part of the game that LR won was the kicking game. Our punter is really good. And unfortunately we saw him perform a lot Saturday.
                      Ferris qb graduated and this would have been the guys second start so to call him a Harlan Hill candidate is funny to say the least. We lost to a real good team and we are still a good team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

Ferris qb graduated and this would have been the guys second start so to call him a Harlan Hill candidate is funny to say the least. We lost to a real good team and we are still a good team.
                        In week 1 Mylik Mitchell (Ferris QB who did NOT play vs LR) threw for 339 yards while rushing for another 34 and had two touchdowns. I hate to say it but he would have shredded the Bears secondary. He’s also much faster and a better runner than their two QBs from Saturday. Last year he played a lot even though Ferris had a QB who was the best in the nation and is now on the Atlanta Falcons roster. If Mitchell stays healthy, he will be in the running for the Harlon Hill.
                        I agree you lost to a good team, just be thankful it was against their 2nd and 3rd string QB or the loss would have been much much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by d2superfan10 View Post

In week 1 Mylik Mitchell (Ferris QB who did NOT play vs LR) threw for 339 yards while rushing for another 34 and had two touchdowns. I hate to say it but he would have shredded the Bears secondary. He’s also much faster and a better runner than their two QBs from Saturday. Last year he played a lot even though Ferris had a QB who was the best in the nation and is now on the Atlanta Falcons roster. If Mitchell stays healthy, he will be in the running for the Harlon Hill.
                          I agree you lost to a good team, just be thankful it was against their 2nd and 3rd string QB or the loss would have been much much worse.
                          So if Ferris had played there new qb he probably would have thrown more passes and we probably would have had two for pic sixes and the game would have been very close. Our defensive back would probably make first team all American and the Bears would go undefeated. Ferris coach said he should have played his better running qb in this game because of LR def. Secondary. I like my crystal ball. Where did you get yours ?

Comment

LRU fell out of the top 25 after the Ferris beat down. I am not happy about it but anyone that looks at the game film would not vote for LR to be rated very highly. Maybe the coaching staff can look down the line and see whom they have not given a chance. I remember even Mike Houston, as good a coach as he is, did not play his All American Quarterback Josh Justine until the 2 in front of him got hurt and he had to play him. Josh spent nearly 3 years never seeing a down of playing time until he had to play him. Then Josh took us to the National Championship game.

If Mike Houston could not identify his best player, why would I ever believe Mike Jacobs can identify his best QB?

Comment

I was very unimpressed by the play calls for LR, as others have stated- running straight up the middle 2 plays and throwing it away pretty much sums it up. We had 1 good offensive play in the entire game in my opinion. It was sad, really sad. I was happy to see Ferris State in person, they were impressive even without their starting QB, massive line that just dominated. I think LR is going to be in all of the conference games with a good looking defense, but the DBs have got to make interceptions when the ball is thrown straight to them, way too many missed opportunities in the Ferris State game. Our offensive line has to give the QB time to do something, we aren't strong there to begin with so giving whoever is back there a little more time would be nice. I honestly felt like the coaches were playing to not get blown out by 50 and just tried to stay as conservative as possible which ended up resulting in many sacks and plays for a loss or little to no gain.

Also, if I see another tweet, etc...about the stadium I am going to puke, it is nice but it will never be close to full unless LR is having a great year and it doesn't mean anything to what happens on the field. As others have stated we have everything a D2 kid could want I believe but it is time to put the effort into the team instead of the hype of the facilities and prove we can recruit and the coaches can coach and games can be won. If not, it should be back to the drawing board at the end of this year or certainly by the end of next year.

Comment

Mitchell from Ferris played a decent amount in the national title game and looked very good despite the stat line.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X