Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post
    I don't feel as confident about the Wolves chances as you guys do honestly. I think they need more than just a win.

Let's assume the following happens and play under the assumption that Newberry is #11 in the regional rankings.

#1 Benedict wins and essentially eliminates #9 Tuskegee.
    #2 Delta State clinches a playoff berth with a win over West Alabama.
    #3 West Florida beats Mississippi College and clinches a spot.
    #4 Virginia Union is idle so they are probably in already
    #5 Wingate plays UVA Wise. Unless something crazy happens you assume Wingate wins and is in.

That's 5 of 7 spots already wrapped up in our hypothetical model

#6 Mars Hill plays #11 Newberry. Newberry obviously has to win.
    #7 Fort Valley is idle. They want Tuskegee to lose along with Newberry and probably West Georgia just to feel safe.
    #8 Limestone plays Emory & Henry. I think the Wolves are cheering for the Wasps obviously, because Limestone has the H2H over Newberry.
    #6 Mars Hill. Beat them and they are out.

#7 Fort Valley will hurt for not having a game this week and also the 39th ranked SOS. It will only go down for this reason. Highly doubt they will make it.

#8 Limestone. The analysts on the D2 show are pretty confident through past years that the committee cares less about H2H and more about total resume. With a win over Mars Hill, Newberry and Limestone will have the same record and Newberry’s wins/resume will be better.

#9 Tuskegee should lose, booting them.

#10 West Georgia. In my opinion, the Wolves should be more afraid of them than Limestone. But even then, the Wolves would have 2 wins over CURRENT regionally ranked teams, better than anyone I’ve mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrCorso View Post

#6 Mars Hill. Beat them and they are out.

#7 Fort Valley will hurt for not having a game this week and also the 39th ranked SOS. It will only go down for this reason. Highly doubt they will make it.

#8 Limestone. The analysts on the D2 show are pretty confident through past years that the committee cares less about H2H and more about total resume. With a win over Mars Hill, Newberry and Limestone will have the same record and Newberry’s wins/resume will be better.

#9 Tuskegee should lose, booting them.

#10 West Georgia. In my opinion, the Wolves should be more afraid of them than Limestone. But even then, the Wolves would have 2 wins over CURRENT regionally ranked teams, better than anyone I’ve mentioned.
      I'm not sure where you are getting Fort Valley SOS being 39th. It's 19th in SR2, and Newberry's is 30th. Fort Valley has a higher W%+SOS and Performance Indicator as well.

Comment

I'm not sure where you are getting Fort Valley SOS being 39th. It's 19th in SR2, and Newberry's is 30th. Fort Valley has a higher W%+SOS and Performance Indicator as well.
        Sorry, mixed them up with Tuskegee’s. Even though after the weekend, they should creep closer to each other’s.

Comment

• I think you also need to look at the fact that Fort Valley lost to a bad Savannah State team, has the same record as Newberry currently, and is at least 5 spots ahead of them regionally.

Comment

Sorry, mixed them up with Tuskegee’s. Even though after the weekend, they should creep closer to each other’s.
            No worries. I think the Wolves need Tuskegee to lose as well. If they knock off Benedict my lord it'll give you a headache just trying to think of who gets in.

Or imagine if the Choctaws of Mississippi College beat UWF>

Comment

I think you also need to look at the fact that Fort Valley lost to a bad Savannah State team, has the same record as Newberry currently, and is at least 5 spots ahead of them regionally.
              This is true. But considering a Newberry win, Newberry has stronger combined wins in LR, Wingate (#3 at the time), and Mars Hill (#6 at the time) than anyone listed 6-10. And not to mention they will have no “bad” losses after this weekend as CN will have a winning record and Limestone is in the RR. Would be absolutely nuts if they are left out.

Comment

No worries. I think the Wolves need Tuskegee to lose as well. If they knock off Benedict my lord it'll give you a headache just trying to think of who gets in.

Or imagine if the Choctaws of Mississippi College beat UWF>
                If Tuskegee wins I’m not coming back on this board until after the show on Sunday! Not even going to try to guess!

Comment

This is true. But considering a Newberry win, Newberry has stronger combined wins in LR, Wingate (#3 at the time), and Mars Hill (#6 at the time) than anyone listed 6-10. And not to mention they will have no “bad” losses after this weekend as CN will have a winning record and Limestone is in the RR. Would be absolutely nuts if they are left out.
                  I would tend to agree, if I hadn't been around D2 football for 15 years and seen all sorts of things that didn't make sense when it came to playoff selections IMO LOL

Comment

• I do lean towards Newberry getting in with a win, but it might be close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'm not so sure. Lose to Mars Hill and beat Lenoir–Rhyne and they'd be 9-2 with a much better SOS than they have now.
                      This didn't end up mattering. Any time Tusculum loses an angel gets their wings!!

Comment

• So MR. C what’s your final 8 in regional rankings for SR2? B, D, WF, VU, W, FVS, L, N. Last three could be different and you still have WGa. I guess Ink could have it by the numbers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                          So MR. C what’s your final 8 in regional rankings for SR2? B, D, WF, VU, W, FVS, L, N. Last three could be different and you still have WGa. I guess Ink could have it by the numbers.
                          What I'm leaning towards the committee having
                          1. Benedict
                          2 Delta
                          3. Uwf
                          4. Vuu
                          5 Newberry
                          6. Wingate
                          7. Fort Valley

If I had to rank them based on who I think is best
                          1. Delta
                          2. Uwf
                          3. UWG
                          4. Newberry
                          5. Wingate
                          6. Limestone
                          7. Benedict

Comment

• Well I think your bottom one is better except I would with bias have LR in Limestones place

Comment

• Was wondering how Massey rankings would put SR2 order.

Comment

• So regional rankings based on Massey rankings. In order according to Massey WFla, Delta, West Ga. LRU, Benedict, Newberry, Wingate. Goes a lot on strength of schedule and margin of victory I think. Mr C has better knowledge of this than most.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X