Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAC Pick Em Week 11 and Standings

Some notes from last week's pick em
    1. Everybody got Emory & Henry and Lenoir-Rhyne correct. However, nobody earned any MOV points because of how bad the Bears and Wasps beat their opponents.
    2. Everybody but Eagle74 correctly picked Limestone to beat Barton, who has easily been the most disappointing team in the SAC this year considering the lofty preseason projections by the coaches.
    3. The two games that essentially served as the SAC semifinals were both almost 50-50. 5 had the Pioneers, 6 had the Lions. 6 had the Bulldogs and 5 had the Wolves. This split allowed for some folks to make up some spaces. jayhawkdaddy and myself going 0-2 in these two games allowed three folks to pass up.
    4. Congrats to new leader, Tarheel42
    5. And everybody correctly picked Carson-Newman, who won easily against Wise, but 1 person. Tough week on the pick em for Eagle74

Here are your updated standings heading into Championship Week:
    WINS MOV
    1 Tarheel42 60 182
    2 87Bear 59 170
    3 BEARS 59 163
    4 jayhawkdaddy 59 139
    5 canadarican 58 163
    6 cavsfan94 57 170
    7 Mule 57 155
    8 Hailscarlet&gray 51 141
    9 Eagle74 48 119
    10 LRBearsfan 47 122
    11 ctrabs74 31 126
    12 cneagle99 27 65
    13 MarsHillU2022 24 66

And here are our final week matchups!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-08 170816.png
Views:	466
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	714761

LOL, First time I've ever seen on any Pick-Ems board from any conference, where a specific loss was highlighted in the review notes!!! But whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
      LOL, First time I've ever seen on any Pick-Ems board from any conference, where a specific loss was highlighted in the review notes!!! But whatever floats your boat.
      I've done it for multiple weeks....and even highlight when I've missed it.

But hey if it makes you feel special youre welcome

Comment

Limestone by 7- This could be a trap game. Wasps are a good team and could give the Saints some trouble if the Fighting Furreys are looking ahead to sneaking into the playoffs. But I expect Tre Stewart to have a big day. After starting so strong the Wasps got sprayed with Ls down the stretch.

Lenoir-Rhyne by 10- I think this game is a toss up but I like LRs all around more than the Pioneers. I also feel like I have to stick with LR since I projected them to go 10-1 (wooof). Bears fans probably want me to stop picking them because it's gone south faster than college students on spring break.

Carson-Newman by 17- Eagles have won 4 of their last 6 and have a lot of momentum going. They put it in cruise against Wise after half last week and should again this week against a bad Catawba team. I've never heard anything bad about Coach Walker, but I wonder if it's time for a reset. Frank Reichs available! Talk about a coaching rivalry!

Wingate by 24- Dogs will have the backups in by half. 24 might not be a large enough MOV. Wise is not good and is there with Barton, Erskine and Catawba in the bottom 4 of the SAC. I think Wingate is playoff bound, but a lose to Wise would absolutely BODY BAG any playoff talk.

Barton by 20- another game where 20 might not be enough. Erskine is not good at this football thing this year. They have good looking uniforms but I expect the Bulldogs to run wild on them. Erskine has no offensive identity. The Bulldogs aren't good at passing. But Fleet defense isn't good enough to make them throw.

SAC Championship:
        Newberry vs Mars Hill

This is by far the hardest game of the week to pick. Not just because there are two good teams involved, but because Newberry is involved specifically. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Newberry could win at Grand Valley one week and then lose to Brevard the next. There is not a more Jekyll and Hyde team in college football.

This game features IMO the two best backs in the SAC in Nelson and Anderson. And it also features two of the gutsiest QBs in Harris and Urzua. If the Lions can find a way to make someone other than Anderson beat you, I like their chances. Lions do a lot of interesting things on offense and have some speed. The defense plays with an attitude.

As of today, I'm picking the Wolves by 3.

But I stand to change that by Saturday.

Comment

First place? Do I get a prize for that or something?? Ha HA jk thank you canadarican for taking your time to do this all season.

Limestone by 10 (They still have something to play for I think maybe)
          LR by 3
          CN by 10
          Wingate by 17
          Barton by 21

Mars Hill by 1

Comment

Limestone by 10
            Tusculum by 3
            Carson Newman by 10
            Wingate by 20
            Barton by 3

NEWBERRY by 1

Comment

Limestone by 17
              Newberry by 14
              Lenoir-Rhyne by 10
              Carson-Newman by 21
              Wingate by 17
              Barton by 14

Comment

E&H vs Limestone - Battle of the surprise teams in the SAC. Only see this going one way. Limestone have it all to play for and E&H don't really have anything on the line. I'll take the Saints by 21 (31-10).
                Mars Hill vs Newberry - The inaugural SAC Bowl. I like Newberry in this one for a few reasons. Like I'll mention in the LR-Tusculum game, Mars Hill have benefited immensely from playing in a vastly inferior Mountain Division and while I think they've got more about them than do Tusculum (who I really think are overrated) they are not proven against the trio of SAC elites. Beating Newberry will go a long way towards me giving them respect heading into next season/the playoffs, but for now I'll believe it when I see it. As for Newberry, I think they are strong and experienced in the positions that matter (QB, RB, Dline, WR) and will be a hard out for anybody going forward. Wolves by 7 (35-28).
                Tusculum vs Lenoir-Rhyne - LR have disappointed me so much this year. From not getting the QB situation settled, to subpar offensive play calling, to not showing up for the big games the Bears have performed well below what I expected them to do. Some change is needed during the offseason and, while I don't think it's time to hop off the Jacobs-train, top of the list has to be a significant overhaul of the offense outside of the skill position players (who are excellent). With all that being said, LR is going to win convincingly this week. Tusculum really have played nobody this year and have barely eeked by against subpar opponents (Wise and Barton). I'll take the Bears by 13 (27-14)
                Carson Newman vs Catawba - Carson-Newman will take this one running away. I watched the Catawba game last week with some hope that they'd show up against their biggest rival and watched them give up 60+ to a pretty average LR offense. CN have some momentum and will go into next season off a winning season. Eagles by 21 (35-14)
                UVA Wise vs Wingate - It's odd to me that this is the final crossover game, but it speaks to the strength of the Piedmont that Wingate (a potential playoff team) is playing Wise (a 2-8 team). Wingate dominate and may even get some offense going. Dawgs by 27 (33-6)
                Barton vs Erskine - I thought Barton were a darkhorse in the Piedmont this year, I was very wrong. Until they can figure out how to throw the football, teams will stack the box and prevent Terrell (speculating here, but surely he's transferring after this year) from getting his. Nonetheless, Erskine really stinks... like really, really stinks. The only flying fleet on this field will be #0 for Barton who may rush for over 250. Barton by 21 (28-7)

Comment

Limestone by 8
                  Lenoir-Rhyne by 14
                  Carson-Newman by 14
                  Wingate by 21
                  Barton by 23

SAC Championship:
                  Newberry by 7

Comment

E&H by 7 vs Limestone -
                    Mars Hill vs Newberry by 10 -
                    Tusculum vs Lenoir-Rhyne by 7 -
                    Carson Newman by 21 vs Catawba -
                    UVA Wise vs Wingate by 17 -
                    Barton by 10 vs Erskine -

Comment

Emory & Henry at Limestone (by 10)
                      Mars Hill at Newberry (by 7)
                      Tusculum at Lenoir-Rhyne (by 14)
                      Carson-Newman (by 20)
                      at Catawba
                      UVA-Wise at Wingate (by 40)
                      Barton (by 13)
                      at Erskine

Comment

Limestone by 14
                        Barton by 28
                        Carson Newman by 30
                        Wingate by 25
                        LR by 3
                        Newberry by 10

Comment

Limestone by 14
                          Barton by 21
                          CN by 21
                          Wingate by 28
                          LR by 10
                          Sac Championship
                          Mars Hill by 7 ROLL Hill !!!!!

Comment

I personally think the two best teams player personnel wise are Newberry and LR and they both dropped the ball at crucial times this year with LR taking first for biggest disappointment. Good luck in the po Wingate and I guess the winner of MH and the Berries. I really think the final regional should be Ben, Va U. Fort Val. Tusk. Delta Fayetteville west Fla. It would be a great halftime show at every game too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                              I personally think the two best teams player personnel wise are Newberry and LR and they both dropped the ball at crucial times this year with LR taking first for biggest disappointment. Good luck in the po Wingate and I guess the winner of MH and the Berries. I really think the final regional should be Ben, Va U. Fort Val. Tusk. Delta Fayetteville west Fla. It would be a great halftime show at every game too.
                              So you don't think there should/would be any SAC schools in the final 7? Or am I missing something...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X