Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last thing I want to say about Limestone. They have a very good football team and looked a lot better than when we played them last year. I had heard they were struggling financially there with lots of turnover in their administration. I went to the game and this is what I witnessed first hand. We had to park a mile away from the stadium in our designated visitor parking area and there was other closer parking available but blocked off. Our team had to be shuttled because the dressing room was very far from the field to a tent with no fans or air circulation. I also saw that they had new field turf installed and here about all these D1 players they had brought in and I am thinking how are they struggling. I believe in sportsmanship and so I was PO when there coaches had their team run on the field directly at our players taunting us before the game. It was intentional by design and thuggish. Was glad our team didn’t respond because they were only 20 yards apart. Then some dude from Limestone comes walking by all the LR bleachers cussing and taunting people. Most everyone avoided him and he went away. So my experience at Limestone was very negative unfortunately and the only struggles I witnessed was the ability of our defense to stop Tre Stewart and that receiver #4.

Comment

What was the issue with the facilities? Little confused here. I wasn't at the game or watching it live this week.

Comment

Also can someone explain to me the Sean White vs Jalen Fergason battle? Did White just lose the starting job because he was playing poorly?

Comment

Originally posted by LRfan23 View Post
          Also can someone explain to me the Sean White vs Jalen Fergason battle? Did White just lose the starting job because he was playing poorly?
          White was playing below average against some not great teams. Jacobs benched him for Ferguson who made an immediate impact over the next several games. Ferguson was then injured late in the first half against Limestone. I’m unsure what the injury is at this time, but I’m hearing maybe ankle.

Comment

Hopefully Ankle could be alot worse. Fergason has been killing it recently!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              Last thing I want to say about Limestone. They have a very good football team and looked a lot better than when we played them last year. I had heard they were struggling financially there with lots of turnover in their administration. I went to the game and this is what I witnessed first hand. We had to park a mile away from the stadium in our designated visitor parking area and there was other closer parking available but blocked off. Our team had to be shuttled because the dressing room was very far from the field to a tent with no fans or air circulation. I also saw that they had new field turf installed and here about all these D1 players they had brought in and I am thinking how are they struggling. I believe in sportsmanship and so I was PO when there coaches had their team run on the field directly at our players taunting us before the game. It was intentional by design and thuggish. Was glad our team didn’t respond because they were only 20 yards apart. Then some dude from Limestone comes walking by all the LR bleachers cussing and taunting people. Most everyone avoided him and he went away. So my experience at Limestone was very negative unfortunately and the only struggles I witnessed was the ability of our defense to stop Tre Stewart and that receiver #4.
              Last thing I will say: Of our D1 transfers (some of which are from the likes of Holy Cross & Valpo), only 5 play any and what's that got to do with finances? As far your long walk to the stadium, I've had to walk just as far, if not farther at LR. Also, obnoxious fans are everywhere. I've seen them everywhere we've played (I've missed 5 games total in program history) including at LR. While they're plenty of empty seats in the home team's stands, these folks ome over to the visitors side and talk crap the entire game. No one likes it but it happens. The respective schools have no control over that. Just as a parting note, the LR cheerleaders ran out of water and the Limestone Football TD Club GAVE them (as in free) enough water for the rest of the game. Up next, Limestone at Wingate.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X