Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Limestone played well enough to win, but made enough mistakes to lose, just like at West Georgia. Apparently the LR Defense must have not been tested very much before today. They didn't look mike anything special. Losing Stewart in the early 3rd hurt us for sure offensively. As far as the facilities, it is what it is. The field is a regulation field so that's all that matters in the end. Congrats to LR on a hard fought win. I think the Saints are every bit their equal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
      How can you feel bad for Limestone? LR showed guts and determination to fight back and win this game. Are you sure you’re a Bear alumni and supporter.
      Look. Limestone had their QB go down in the first game of the season against UWG, a game they very well could have won with him in there. They lost the game against UWA the next week, again, a game they could have/should have won with Noller in there. He came back and has been balling out ever since, including beating a very good Mars Hill team and executing all up and down the field against LR today. We toughened up at the end and won, but very well could have lost that game if it wasn't for several big plays including a blocked field goal and an interception. If I was a Limestone fan I would feel gutted, especially since this means they're more than likely not making the playoffs.

I'm as big an LR fan as they come but we were outgained 516-292. Those are not statistics that will usually win you a game. If Ferguson is out for a while I do NOT feel comfortable with passing game I saw in the second half. Homecoming will be huge next week.

Comment

What was Fergusons injury? Did they ever say?

Comment

The sport world is full of woulda coulda should’ve. We lost our qb to backup who threw two interceptions from some very questionable play calling by Bears OC. The game is four quarters and Bears showed tremendous strength in our playing Limestone in the clutch of the game. Mars Hill filled a complaint against Limestone for the tent accommodation for their players in 100 degree heat inside their tent before and halftime. Would not feel sorry for Limestone players or fans especially with all the taunting going on by both before and during the game when they were winning. That tells me they have a discipline problem. They don’t deserve to go to the playoffs this year or last year either. Hopefully you will be pulling for the Bears against Barton on your homecoming weekend.

Comment

Limestone went out and brought in 17 D1 transfers and still couldn’t beat the Bears in the Saints house. Congratulations Bears well deserved win.

Comment

The sport world is full of woulda coulda should’ve. We lost our qb to backup who threw two interceptions from some very questionable play calling by Bears OC. The game is four quarters and Bears showed tremendous strength in our playing Limestone in the clutch of the game. Mars Hill filled a complaint against Limestone for the tent accommodation for their players in 100 degree heat inside their tent before and halftime. Would not feel sorry for Limestone players or fans especially with all the taunting going on by both before and during the game when they were winning. That tells me they have a discipline problem. They don’t deserve to go to the playoffs this year or last year either. Hopefully you will be pulling for the Bears against Barton on your homecoming weekend.
              Limestones having some issues. Idk what you hope to accomplish by rubbing their noses in it on a message board but you do you.

Comment

Radio said Ferguson hurt his ankle late 2nd qt and was limping while on field. Did not return in 3rd qt. We again saw why he is clearly the best QB for LR.

Comment

Was definitely a nail biter of a game, I was really disappointed in the LR defense especially against the run. I had a feeling the DBs would have a long day. A win is a win though and good teams find a way, special teams stepped up when it counted and the defense came through in OT. Hope they can win out the rest of the season and have a nice playoff run.

I went to the Catawba and Wingate game this evening. I think the Bears should handle both of these teams if they show up without issue.

Comment

Well now the Barton game loons a lot larger than before.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                      Radio said Ferguson hurt his ankle late 2nd qt and was limping while on field. Did not return in 3rd qt. We again saw why he is clearly the best QB for LR.
                      Thanks for the update. Flosports had the Limestone announcers so I had it muted.

Comment

Eagle74 for sure, Barton is a solid team.

Comment

I've been polite and tried to keep it fun on here but it's hard to do with folks who take these games so seriously, like life or death, Geez! Cry me a river about our facilities. Get over it already. You guys were complaining all week so you would already have a built in excuse if you lost, just like you have excuses everytime you lose (injuries, weather, etc...). Are we going to act like Limestone losing Tre Stewart (the best player on the field yesterday) didn't stymie Limestone's game plan? LR had no answer for him and you know it, and we still were right there at the end. The better team doesn't always win which was the case yesterday although no one from LR will admit it. If Limestone gets beat by a better team, I have no problem saying it or if we manage to beat a better team, I have no problem saying that. Just like Newberry last year. They were the better team, we just made a play or two here or there. It's called objectivity, maybe some of you should give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                            Well now the Barton game loons a lot larger than before.
                            That would be a blast to go to for sure!

Comment

Saints Tailgating: You point is well taken in most regards. While I was not there in person, I listened to it via Bears radio and tried to watch (tried is the optative word) via Flows Network which just plain and simply was horrible.

However, when a institution chooses to join D2 and the SAC they also should be choosing to provide an acceptable level of facility development. Limestone simply is not doing that. My opinion is that the SAC should address that. Immediately if not sooner.

Next, LR had no answer for your very fine running back whom I believe is from Charlotte. I am sorry he got hurt, I am more concerned with why he is at Limestone rather than at LR. While McGee is doing much better and is busting his behind, no one can say he is as good as your RB. And our coaching staff has been in place for now going on 4 years. And either their lack of ability or willingness to get the top level offensive players brought in is sorely lacking.

NC has become a hot bed for top notch high school football and players. Even when we get one of these players they tend to sit for a long time or until they have no choice but to play them ,i.e. QB Ferguson. Two other examples might be All State Witt and Lynch (was a D1 commit to Coastal Carolina. Hopefully being redshirted but yesterday proved we need help in coverage NOW.)

Yes, Limestone has some issues that need addressing. But the truth is, SO DOES LR Coaching Staff. Yes I am very, very happy that LR players stepped up really big late in the game when they had too. But calling those two deep pass plays in the 3rd quarter was simply asking a young man do to something he has proven unable to do was not only stupid, it was not fair to the player.

Best of luck to Limestone the rest of the year. Win out please.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                                Saints Tailgating: You point is well taken in most regards. While I was not there in person, I listened to it via Bears radio and tried to watch (tried is the optative word) via Flows Network which just plain and simply was horrible.

However, when a institution chooses to join D2 and the SAC they also should be choosing to provide an acceptable level of facility development. Limestone simply is not doing that. My opinion is that the SAC should address that. Immediately if not sooner.

Next, LR had no answer for your very fine running back whom I believe is from Charlotte. I am sorry he got hurt, I am more concerned with why he is at Limestone rather than at LR. While McGee is doing much better and is busting his behind, no one can say he is as good as your RB. And our coaching staff has been in place for now going on 4 years. And either their lack of ability or willingness to get the top level offensive players brought in is sorely lacking.

NC has become a hot bed for top notch high school football and players. Even when we get one of these players they tend to sit for a long time or until they have no choice but to play them ,i.e. QB Ferguson. Two other examples might be All State Witt and Lynch (was a D1 commit to Coastal Carolina. Hopefully being redshirted but yesterday proved we need help in coverage NOW.)

Yes, Limestone has some issues that need addressing. But the truth is, SO DOES LR Coaching Staff. Yes I am very, very happy that LR players stepped up really big late in the game when they had too. But calling those two deep pass plays in the 3rd quarter was simply asking a young man do to something he has proven unable to do was not only stupid, it was not fair to the player.

Best of luck to Limestone the rest of the year. Win out please.
                                I would say that you guys are preaching to the choir about facilities and unfortunately nothing is going to be solved this year. I realize the situation but until I hit the Powerball there's not much I can do about it, Lol. I have seen the architectural renderings of what we're looking to do. If we get there, I don't think they'll be any further complaints. BearFan1 I agree about the talent NC is producing. Stewart is actually from Winston-Salem. After seeing what Mario Anderson is doing at SC after leaving Newberry, I have to admit I'm a little nervous about what Stewart might decide to do for next season. I think Noller will stay put though and finish his career next season at Limestone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X