Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR vs Limestone

Big game for both programs. LR and Limestone enter the game not only undefeated in the SAC, but the two teams in the Piedmont Division which look the best both on paper and on the field. For my money, this could very well be the biggest game of the year in the South Atlantic Conference. Massey has LR -14, but that surely doesn't take into account the fact that Limestone's losses were without star QB Noller. Both teams are hot, should make for a fantastic game in Gaffney.

Limestone's defense really stepped up when they had to and won the the game Saturday. Not sure I've ever made that statement before. The offense seemed to go into neutral in the 2nd half, or to use a soccer term, they seemed to "park the car". The Saints are capable of getting the win Saturday but will have to bring their A game in all facets and maybe have L-R make a mistake or 2.

Comment

Interesting thoughts above on both teams. I am not sure which team has the larger questions to answer this game. But I am going with LR. If LR wins, my guess is it will because of two things: a. Ferguson really has settled all questions about him being the QB and the offense continues to hum with him leading it.
      B. The offensive play calling will continue to improve and expand as it did against UVA Wise this past Saturday.

If LR wins, their destiny will certainly be in their own hands and not dependent on what other teams win or lose. I doubt LR has the overall talent to get to the National Championship game, but I do believe they now can play with most of the rest of the country. At least I hope so.

Comment

Before I say what, I am about to say, I know that the Bears fans on here who know me understand exactly what I am saying. I'm not slighting them or questioning the talent. I picked them to win the league in the preseason.

I think five weeks in we know more about who Limestone is than Lenoir-Rhyne. Saints have played a tough early season schedule, and the Bears have handled business the way they should have for the most part.

I believe we find out just how good L-R truly is over the next few weeks.

Comment

Any idea what traveling fans should expect? Will there be bleacher space available?

I understand football plays on the same field as lax, which did not fit all the fans for the LR-Limestone game this spring.

Comment

Bears beat Fay. St. who is favorite to win their conference. Fay. St. then beats a ranked VU. LR beats CN at CN then CN beats Newberry at Newberry which is not an easy place to win. This shows me the Bears are for real and just need to concentrate on the DETAILS for a great season one game at a time. Hopefully they will concentrate on taking away Limestones main threat the qb and his top receiver. I really believe LR is going to win this Saturday if the coaches have a good game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              Bears beat Fay. St. who is favorite to win their conference. Fay. St. then beats a ranked VU. LR beats CN at CN then CN beats Newberry at Newberry which is not an easy place to win. This shows me the Bears are for real and just need to concentrate on the DETAILS for a great season one game at a time. Hopefully they will concentrate on taking away Limestones main threat the qb and his top receiver. I really believe LR is going to win this Saturday if the coaches have a good game plan.

Fayetteville beat VUU on a walkoff field goal while VUU was without Jada Byers, arguably one of the best running backs in the country. That needs to be said. It'd be like beating Barton by 3 but Jordan Terrell didn't play.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                Any idea what traveling fans should expect? Will there be bleacher space available?

I understand football plays on the same field as lax, which did not fit all the fans for the LR-Limestone game this spring.
                There are some small sets of bleachers on the visiting side and one small set on the home side in addition to the one permanent section so seating is limited. A lot of folks bring thier chairs while many stay in the tailgating lot and watch the game.

Comment

Not having your best player especially a running back or qb would make a difference for sure in the Fay. St. VUU game. Really need to upgrade the game site for Limestone home games it appears. Would NCAA approve this place for a playoff football game?

Comment

I know LR fans are going to cringe when I say this (and probably wish I wouldn't)...but I'll take the Bears by at least 2 scores.

Comment

Not having your best player especially a running back or qb would make a difference for sure in the Fay. St. VUU game. Really need to upgrade the game site for Limestone home games it appears. Would NCAA approve this place for a playoff football game?
                      I doubt we could host a playoff game on campus but the NCAA might give us the option to return to Gaffney High to host. As.most know, we played there until last season but there would be no atmosphere there. Even if 5,000 fans showed up, it would still be almost half empty.

Comment

Never saw 2500 fans there when we played you guys at the high school stadium. I heard there were not enough seats for the Lacrosse game. Hopefully they are bringing in some bleachers for people to have a place to sit this Saturday.

Comment

Never saw 2500 fans there when we played you guys at the high school stadium. I heard there were not enough seats for the Lacrosse game. Hopefully they are bringing in some bleachers for people to have a place to sit this Saturday.
                          I doubt that any seats are being brought in. We had an additional 1,000 seats brought in last season (rentals) but due to costs & the current financial difficulties of the school, we were not able to afford to have them again this season.

Comment

Hey Bearhof, BEARS, and BearFan1
                            if any/all of you make it down to the game Saturday and are there a little early, come by my Tailgating spot & say hello. I'm on the 2nd row, space 7, I'm 6'5, White, bald & ugly...I'm hard to miss, or just ask for Edwin.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints Tailgating View Post
                              Hey Bearhof, BEARS, and BearFan1
                              if any/all of you make it down to the game Saturday and are there a little early, come by my Tailgating spot & say hello. I'm on the 2nd row, space 7, I'm 6'5, White, bald & ugly...I'm hard to miss, or just ask for Edwin.
                              Even tho I'm a GSC-er, If i wasn't 3 1/2 hrs away, I'd have to accept your invitation! Sounds like fun all the way around!
                              You got me height wise by a couple of inches, but pretty sure I can win the ugly part. Bald? I used to have a crew cut, but the crew bailed out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X