Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saints Tailgating, I really do appreciate your invitation and your support of Limestone. However, after discussing and originally planning to make the trip, the idea that a solid D2 program can not afford to have hardly any seating for the visitors whom I assume have to pay to get into the game area (they say you have to buy tickets on line prior to the game) we changed our plans and will not be attending.

I am not happy about that decision but we all get to vote with our money. I normally go to almost every LR game, home or away. But paying to get to stand or bring my own chair, well at 72 I will just save the driving and sit in front of my computer and watch the game that way.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
      Saints Tailgating, I really do appreciate your invitation and your support of Limestone. However, after discussing and originally planning to make the trip, the idea that a solid D2 program can not afford to have hardly any seating for the visitors whom I assume have to pay to get into the game area (they say you have to buy tickets on line prior to the game) we changed our plans and will not be attending.

I am not happy about that decision but we all get to vote with our money. I normally go to almost every LR game, home or away. But paying to get to stand or bring my own chair, well at 72 I will just save the driving and sit in front of my computer and watch the game that way.
      I understand completely.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post

With regards to the noon start, all of our home games are starting at noon except for Homecoming which has been moved to 7. So nothing special there. I think It has more to do with getting the Gamecock & Tiger fans in the community here as most of their marquee games are usually at 3:30 or 7:30.

Comment

I will definitely be there tomorrow and will try to catch up with you. We will be in the LR Bears travel van. Should be there by 10:45. Sorry to hear Limestone is struggling financially right now. It could get worse before it gets better for several small schools. Impressive that your coaches can field a competitive team with the facilities and lack of money there.

Comment

Are they now selling tickets at the game? You are able to get in to watch the game aren’t you? Something’s not right here and it’s apparent Limestone should have consequences for not being able to service a football game properly. Are there any restrooms or concession stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              Are they now selling tickets at the game? You are able to get in to watch the game aren’t you? Something’s not right here and it’s apparent Limestone should have consequences for not being able to service a football game properly. Are there any restrooms or concession stands.
              Cant speak to tickets.

However restrooms were either porta johns beyond one end zone. Or hoofing it to baseball to utilize the facility there.

I did not see a concession stand proper. But they had a robust selection of food trucks. Strong recommend for Sugar Daddyz red velvet funnel cake. Im sure its deliciousness didnt remove a year from my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                You buy tickets online. We have concessions and a beer garden. The Port a John's are for the tailgating lot. There are restrooms inside the stadium in the building on the home side.

Comment

So its looks to me like Limestone is binding the rules of fair play. Inferior and unacceptable facilities for the visitors fans and players. This needs to be addressed immediately and possible forfeiture of all home games considered. CN really needs to do something as well for visitors locker rooms. We had to change in and out of uniforms in the baseball dugout which is open to the bleachers of the stadium. Unacceptable and I think our SAC commissioner needs to get involved with regards to visitors facilities.

Comment

Thank you Lord for miracles both large and small! 31 to 28 we will take it. Congratulations players, you stood up tall and made the plays when they absolutely had to be made.
                    Make no mistake, the Saints were Marching today, but the Bears came out to play and took the MILK and HONEY.

Comment

LR did NOT deserve that one! Feel bad for limestone if that knocked them out of the playoffs. They could make a run!

Comment

As someone who has parents weekend at Furman, How did Fergason play???

Comment

How can you feel bad for Limestone? LR showed guts and determination to fight back and win this game. Are you sure you’re a Bear alumni and supporter.

Comment

Yeah I’m not sure why you would feel sorry for Limestone if your a Bear fan. Bottom line is Limestone took their foot off the gas and played for a field goal and a two score lead. LR made a play blocked the FG and returned it for the tying score. Not sure why they went deep on 2nd and short but I thought it was over after the int but again LR made the play to intercept and set up a chance for the winning FG. The defense played lights out in OT. I was surprised they went for the long 4th down and didn’t at least try the FG.

BTW did Ferguson get hurt ? Also why was a long snapper holding for the FG.

Also I mute the sound, can’t stand hearing the other teams announcers but I did unmute after the blocked FG and thought it was funny that the announcer was mad about LRs streamers.

Comment

Bottom line is LR made plays at the end when it mattered, despite the defense getting gashed and exposed most of the day. This was a big win though, a good teams find ways to win games regardless of how it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                                LR did NOT deserve that one! Feel bad for limestone if that knocked them out of the playoffs. They could make a run!
                                They could make a run, but having watched several games, I don't think anyone is beating Delta or UWF in SR2. Just being honest.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X