Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR vs Barton

LR "welcomes" Barton between the bricks for a friendly homecoming matchup between the undefeated Bears and the upstart Bulldogs. Barton has been rampant this season, beating up on division one Davidson as well as Tusculum and Newberry. I would say that this is not the Barton of the past few seasons, but they're doing it with a similar cast & crew. LR has dominated Barton in recent years, including a 34-0 curb stomping last year. For me, until Barton can prove they can run with the Bears I will feel confident in this matchup. Terrell has yet to have a Terrell type of game against JR Maye and crew and the passing game has been non-existent.

The one place that has me worried is (surprise surprise) the quarterback situation. Hopefully Jalen Ferguson can get healthy soon so we can add our revamped down the field passing game back in the repertoire.

Hope the Bears show up and play well, Barton is definitely looking strong this year and proving to be one of the better teams this season in the SAC.

If anyone has any extra tickets, I'd appreciate a couple, I think we'll be arriving late due to my son's JR peewee football game having a noon start and we are playing 1.5 hours away from LR. Anticipate arriving mid-late 1st quarter unless his game is cancelled due to rain.

Comment

My view of this game, which is not worth a lot, if Ferguson is able to play then LR cruises along. If he can not play, then Lord only knows how we will score enough to win. In that case, defense and special teams will need (and are able) to carry the day.

Comment

Just watched Coach Jacobs speaking with Coach Po and while a very good interview, there was no discussion about Ferguson's ankle injury. Do not know if I should feel relieved and think, ok, no issue he will be back. OR, the other side of that.
        Has anyone heard anything?

Comment

I listened to the show yesterday to see if he mentioned anything. Not surprised he didn’t, don’t want to let the opponent have any knowledge one way or another.

Comment

I had LR winning...but Jesus I didn't think there would be a murder in Hickory

Comment

Great game plan and execution by Bears today. Full house and atmosphere was big time. Play like this team did today and we should be hosting a playoff game or two.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                I had LR winning...but Jesus I didn't think there would be a murder in Hickory
                Yes. I kept waiting for Barton to respond and they never were able to get anything going. Great win for the Bears.

Comment

Things that I saw:
                  1. Ferguson is great at running the show, despite he was clearly slow and the very good playing protected him.
                  2. The defense just played lights out good. Not sure what happened last week but this week they were great.
                  3. Special teams again delivered the mail each and every time.
                  4 As mentioned earlier, what did someone do with our play calling. It certainly was not play calling of old. It was actually very good.

I know LR has some tough games ahead but we can all be excited with the knowledge LR IS IN THE HUNT!

Comment

All around great day for the Bears. They answered every question I had of them offensively and defensively from last week against a good Barton game. The homecoming crowd and tailgate was huge and very enthusiastic, we had several thousand people who probably never even went in the game.

Outside of Hickory, UWF lost which will help out changes for home field advantage in the playoffs and Wingate lost which more than likely eliminates one more rival from the SAC Piedmont race. Great day to be a Bear!

Comment

With #1, 7 and 8 ranked teams getting defeated, combined with LR's manhandling of a very good 5 and 1 Barton, LR's ranking should improve greatly and give us a much better chance at the playoffs and home field advantage.
                      And for the first time in a long time, I will say the game ball for this game should go to the coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by BearFan1 View Post
                        With #1, 7 and 8 ranked teams getting defeated, combined with LR's manhandling of a very good 5 and 1 Barton, LR's ranking should improve greatly and give us a much better chance at the playoffs and home field advantage.
                        And for the first time in a long time, I will say the game ball for this game should go to the coaching staff.
                        Reminder, national rankings mean absolutely nothing when it comes to playoffs..

Comment

Its all about the regional rankings and that’s when things can get controversial especially with the biases envoled in the process. Last year was a total mess so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

Yall still hung up on last year. Time to let it go.

Comment

Probably wouldn’t be saying that had it been CNU. Then again you are very open minded Mr C.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X