Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the powers that Be in LR Hiring Process should take all the time they need to find the right coach. HOWEVER, the quicker it is done the less likely the good players leave.
    I can tell you proof positive that not all, even most of the players really did not like Jacobs or Soto very much.

Cronic, well from all that I know, was held in high esteem by the team members.

Comment

Wondering what happened to D2superfan10 on here. He always seemed to let you know which way the wind was blowing.

Comment

Just FYI BearFan1 you could not be more wrong in your assessment of the players relationship with Jacobs and the assistant coaches. They liked the personal relationship that was developed between the players and the coaches. The scene outside the locker room after the Harding game was nothing short of mutual affection and respect. There were lots of tears and heartfelt words between all the players and coaches.
        And as much of a god you want to make out of Cronic the players felt he was very unapproachable and distant. They knew he was just at LR for a short time to build a resume and move on. Absolutely he was a very good x and o guy. But there was zero coach-player relationships developed during his very brief stay in Hickory.

Comment

The fact that Mercer still hasn’t hired a defensive coordinator is worrying to me. Makes me feel like Chaffee could be headed to Macon if he doesn’t get the HC job.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
            The fact that Mercer still hasn’t hired a defensive coordinator is worrying to me. Makes me feel like Chaffee could be headed to Macon if he doesn’t get the HC job.
            I would have bet Chaffee was heading to Mercer but I just saw on Scoop that Jahmal Brown from Youngstown State was going to Mercer as the new defensive coordinator

Comment

Fans are funny at times! Seems as though when a football coach is fired, a lot of fans of some schools immediately come to their defense saying how much of a great guy he was, how the players really loved him, and how he was done wrong. On the flip side, when a coach leaves a program with an opportunity to better themselves in different ways, a lot of fans of some schools immediately start trashing them in a big way, as if they in some way want to punish them for leaving.

The most recent exception was when Coach Shinnick left West Florida for Towson University, the overwhelmingly majority of their fans (out of appreciation) wished him nothing but the very best.

Comment

I really wish Jacobs the very best at Mercer. As well as Soto. I also am very happy neither are at LRU any longer.
                Two things can be true at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post

We will just have to see how all this plays out. Could be better or could struggle like Jacobs did his first year after Cronic was 13-1. We went 8-3 and lost a po game. I just don’t see guys going to the portal unless they’re not playing. Those things happen every year even if the coaches haven’t left. You want to play for one of the top d2 programs in the country you co
                  m to LRU. Last five full seasons with two different head coaches 54-11. Like I said your opinion is wrong.
                  This aged real well

Comment

Originally posted by GoBears23 View Post
                    It is well known on the team that Coach Soto and Coach Hornsby recruited over half of our roster. Losing Coach Soto is a huge loss in recruiting for the team. Coach Chaffee and Coach Hornsby both have great relationships with the players. A lot of guys that I have talked to have said that if both of them leave then they will enter the portal after spring ball is over. The simple fact is, keeping Chaffee and keeping remaining coaches on this staff is the only way to keep the roster from blowing up.
                    I still can’t figure out who this is but he was SPOT ON. All remaining coaches were fired or forced to resign… now all the starters are leaving. Not saying they won’t be replaced with high caliber players but only time will tell if that is the case.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X