• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR Basketball

Who will you all be hiring?

Daniel Willis, Local high school in Hickory head basketball coach

Comment

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything official from LR on the coaching situation yet. Hoping they can get somoene good and get a winning program going.

Comment

They will probably narrow the field down to 5 candidates and then have on campus interviews, similar to what was done for the FB coach. I'm guessing one candidates will be the Hickory High coach and one will be a legacy. I'm not as concerned with the timing as I was for the FB coach but I'm hoping we can get someone who will elevate the program and also stay for a while.

Comment

Brent Owen from Eastern New Mexico.

https://lrbears.com/news/2024/4/5/me...ead-coach.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by ironcheftvdinner View Post
            Brent Owen from Eastern New Mexico.

https://lrbears.com/news/2024/4/5/me...ead-coach.aspx
            I'm actually very excited about this hire. Let's see if any of his players end up transferring here as well.

Comment

WOW! That came from DEEP, DEEP, DEEP left field. I'm assuming they just lost a lot of support from the Willis and Lentz tree....... Winning cures all!

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatU View Post
                WOW! That came from DEEP, DEEP, DEEP left field. I'm assuming they just lost a lot of support from the Willis and Lentz tree....... Winning cures all!
                Yes it does, we will see if that happens. I had heard that one of Kim's criteria was that the new coach would have some college head coaching experience, I don't recall if Sullivan had any or not, but I had heard that neither Lentz or Willis had that. Some people were going to be mad no matter who was chosen so maybe she decided to pick a candidate that was someone she believed could elevate the program to the next level. Time will tell.

Comment

I have no inside or even outside information but I was impressed when I went to ENM and read about him and looked at the rooster of players.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X