Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the QB room is the strongest it's been since Willingham/Anderson (if not stronger). Ferguson and Robinson have all the physical ability in the world and Ferguson showed a great ability to read the defense when he played in the fall. But I think you're right, BearFan, what makes this room special could be Attmore out of Dudley. It's not everyday that a LR QB recruit is first team all-state in 3A and has his name up in lights with Michigan, LSU, UGA, Auburn, NC State, and VT commits.

If he makes the jump to college like he should then watchout, SAC!

https://www.highschoolot.com/story/h...2023/21228095/

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
      I think the QB room is the strongest it's been since Willingham/Anderson (if not stronger). Ferguson and Robinson have all the physical ability in the world and Ferguson showed a great ability to read the defense when he played in the fall. But I think you're right, BearFan, what makes this room special could be Attmore out of Dudley. It's not everyday that a LR QB recruit is first team all-state in 3A and has his name up in lights with Michigan, LSU, UGA, Auburn, NC State, and VT commits.

If he makes the jump to college like he should then watchout, SAC!

https://www.highschoolot.com/story/h...2023/21228095/
      And yes, obviously recruiting is more than just stats, but look how he compared to a 3A MICHIGAN THE D1 NATIONAL CHAMPION commit.

QB: Andrew Attmore, Dudley QB (senior): — Lenoir-Rhyne recruit — 221/307 passing (72.0%) 4,122 yds (274.8/game) 54 TDs, 4 INTs // 24 carries, 127 yds, 2 TDs
      QB: Jadyn Davis, Providence Day QB (senior): — Michigan recruit — 204/288 passing (70.8%) 3,370 yds (259.2/game) 43 TDs, 9 INTs // 22 carries, -22 yds, 3 TDs

Comment

I have know Drew since he was 4 years old and I can tell you he could do read progression back then. LR is getting a diamond in the rough. He started at a 4A school, Grimsley but sat behind JMU QB Barnett. He can make every throw and has touch. I don't see QB being a problem for LR.

Comment

Originally posted by Just a fan 73 View Post
          I have know Drew since he was 4 years old and I can tell you he could do read progression back then. LR is getting a diamond in the rough. He started at a 4A school, Grimsley but sat behind JMU QB Barnett. He can make every throw and has touch. I don't see QB being a problem for LR.
          If he turns out to be that good, in today's instant transfer world, LR's going to really have to step up with the NIL $$$$$ to keep him around.

Comment

The nil and portal is ruining college sports

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              The nil and portal is ruining college sports
              When are you going to admit you were wrong and not blame the system?

Comment

Self centered ego. Let it destroy your legacy and your accomplishments in your three year career. Let your coaches, teammates and fans down. Live to regret the decision one day when you don’t have a homecoming you don’t have a Hall of Fame induction. If that’s your path I promise you you’ll regret it down the road of life.

Comment

Self centered ego. Let it destroy your legacy and your accomplishments in your three year career. Let your coaches, teammates and fans down. Live to regret the decision one day when you don’t have a homecoming you don’t have a Hall of Fame induction. If that’s your path I promise you you’ll regret it down the road of life.
                  How would they let coaches down when this staff didn’t recruit them? Could be the sole reason they left not just for nil. This mass exiting was know to happen before spring ball even started.

Comment

Not sure what what hof is supposed to be wrong about and I don’t have the time to try to figure it out but he is correct the transfer portal and the nil is ruining college sports. Change will be coming, hope it is not too late

Comment

Funny how the transfer portal is the greatest thing since sliced bread when good players make the decision to come to your school. However, let a good player decide to move to another potential opportunity, and unfortunately some fans just can't let it go. Time to move forward and appreciate who's coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                        Funny how the transfer portal is the greatest thing since sliced bread when good players make the decision to come to your school. However, let a good player decide to move to another potential opportunity, and unfortunately some fans just can't let it go. Time to move forward and appreciate who's coming back.
                        Not sure if this is directed toward me or not but as I said on the other thread I have no issues if a player wants to leave, he is just doing what he thinks is best for him. I wish them luck. And I agree it is time to look forward and I trust the new staff will do their best with who remains and who might transfer in.

To be honest I don’t know who has left previously or who has transferred in to LR in the past, I don’t have the time or energy to try to keep up with it all.

Only time will tell how this all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by 87Bear View Post

Not sure if this is directed toward me or not but as I said on the other thread I have no issues if a player wants to leave, he is just doing what he thinks is best for him. I wish them luck. And I agree it is time to look forward and I trust the new staff will do their best with who remains and who might transfer in.

To be honest I don’t know who has left previously or who has transferred in to LR in the past, I don’t have the time or energy to try to keep up with it all.

Only time will tell how this all plays out.
                          No, not directed to to anyone in particular, just those who act like the student athletes belong to the fans and the school they performed for.

Comment

JR had a 4 year career at LR. Xavier Jennings had a 4 year career at LR. CD a 5 year career at LR. How many years do they owe LR and a staff that didn’t recruit them?

Comment

The only player I am taking issue with is JR. Team captain team leader team spokesman. States he loves it here and looks forward to another great season. As far as mass exit of players at this point in time is over stated. I don’t consider no starters people with family issues people who were let go for breaking rules as countable. Every team has over forty freshmen start of on their team and by the third or fourth year half are gone from playing football period. So I guess attrition is and always has been a part of the game. I recall my freshman class was 33 and my senior year there were 3 of us still on the team. So I guess we had a mass exit players thru injury academics etc etc.

Comment

Yesterday I was reading about Duke Basketball where they have/are losing 4 or 5 players to the portal and picking up 3 or 4. I think of Carolina and the contributions that Standford and Notre Dame made to Carolina this past season. Then the new basketball coach at LR has brought 4 (i believe it was) portal transfers to Hickory. On the surface it appears the gain will be immediate and significant.

Yes I can see the good. BUT I can also see the bad. There was a time I could name practically every starting line up in the ACC basketball. NOW, I am not sure I even care. Because who ever is their today most likely will not be tomorrow.

I know that the Running Back (Anderson) from Newberry got the chance to go to South Carolina and then to Memphis and the opportunity to change his life. But, at the D2 level how often does that happen? I do not know. I know, or at least believe it is true, that there are more D2 football players in the NFL now than ever before.

What I am most uneasy with is that, if, the NEW Coaching Staff at LR gets blamed for some of our players portaling out, then it will be a very bad and undeserved thing. This coaching staff is head and shoulders better than what walked between the bricks the last 5 years. That is not even debatable, in my opinion.

And we do not know what the new staff will be able to bring to Hickory via the very same portal. I do not know the scholarship position that our top players have, but if LR and its coaching staff are not in a position to provide the top scholarship assistance that we can properly provide, then I would suggest that another campaign needs to be held to remedy that.

While I am disappointed that "some" of this past year's returning players will not return, I certainly wish them the very best in their effort to achieve their highest level of success. But what I am more disappointed in is to see the situation around Lynch not staying for the spring semester this year. A D1 commit to Coastal Carolina that "according to his Mother" needed to work to make some money" rather than stay in school. I am sure there is more to the decision to leave but he is a good kid, great athlete and tremendous talent, and a great opportunity for LR that is now lost.

My question is: what did he not get that he needed? And how many other situations were similar to his?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X