Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SAU @ OBU

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
    Renner is about to slam the brakes on that GAC title.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
        Okay, not arguing, but if your point wasn't that the Scoring Defense stat is both impressive and an indication of being able to make a deep PO run, then what was it

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
          Renner is about to slam the brakes on that GAC title.
          Renner will see QB pressure he hasn't seen all year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
            Read that again chief. Never said they caused it. Said they at least put them in situations where mistakes could be made.

Have you ever watched Harding's offense?? They get big plays all the time. You don't score as much as they do without big plays. I still have nightmares about some of the big plays they hit against us. Westbrook and Luckett are seared into my memory

Doesn't really matter, OBU beat Harding and is 9-0 and in a prime spot to win the GAC and most importantly beat that school across the street again.
            :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by walnut100 View Post
              I really hate the persecution complex my fellow Ouachita fans on here have; it makes us look really bad as a fan base.

The fact of the matter is that the GAC doesn't have any historic powerhouse programs, the school populations are relatively tiny compared to some schools in other conferences, and frankly Arkansas and Oklahoma have small state populations. This all means that there are likely to be less people in the D2 Football world who know/care about schools from the GAC, which leaves a larger burden of proof for us all to leave it on the field if we want national respect. Harding has established that more than anyone with a deep playoff run. Henderson and Ouachita have done enough by keeping games close against big name schools to help legitimize the GAC as a conference to where people from other places don't go "why are they wasting a playoff slot on them?" That's about all we can ask for for now from a national perspective: win more and get more respect. And with Ouachita ranked #2 in the Regional Rankings and #4 in both major media polls, I'd say we have plenty there, so I'm very satisfied.

As far as intra-conference respect goes, from say the Harding posters or Armo, I usually agree with them when it comes to their criticisms of OBU's team. We have deficiencies which make the playoffs a scary proposition. Harding very well could beat us in a rematch if hypothetically they run the table and get a slot. Other teams in the playoffs are going to come in hard and play on a level this Ouachita squad has really only seen during that Harding game so far. We got eaten alive in the trenches in our last two playoff games and had to rely on skill players making big plays to stay in it.

The point I'm driving at with this overly wordy post is that nobody here thinks Ouachita is a bad team. They just recognize that we probably aren't the best in the nation. They have stats that back that up along with tangential evidence. And that's ok. That's why we play the games and leave it on the field instead of keeping it a purely hypothetical game of numbers. Just try to recognize guys that it all comes back to a national picture, and we are an underdog in that arena. There's nothing wrong with it at all, I fully embrace being the underdog. Makes it so much better when you prove to the world you can win inspite of everything. That's all.
              I agree with everything said except for being eating alive in the trenches the last two playoff games. Ferris State game could be argued but the UMD gane the lines (especially O-line) held up well from my perspective.

Comment

So, you:
                1) Consistently get snippy and defensive when anyone has questioned Ouachita's defense in the context of making a deep PO run.
                2) Intentionally make false equivalencies about what I have said and try to put words in my mouth.
                3) When I once again lay out my analysis of why I believe what I do--including showing the nuances that you and others continue to either miss or intentionally overlook--you continue to bark up the same tree, just using a different tack.
                4) When I show you, once again, how the context doesn't necessarily match the stat you keep pointing to, your response is to claim I missed your point.
                5) I try to reach out in an effort to see where I allegedly missed your point and your response: try to act like you're walking away as some sort of martyr.

You're right, we're done. I clearly can't come to any reasonable understanding with someone who's more interested in trying to play the victim and move the goal posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Armo Wood View Post
                  So, you:
                  1) Consistently get snippy and defensive when anyone has questioned Ouachita's defense in the context of making a deep PO run.
                  2) Intentionally make false equivalencies about what I have said and try to put words in my mouth.
                  3) When I once again lay out my analysis of why I believe what I do--including showing the nuances that you and others continue to either miss or intentionally overlook--you continue to bark up the same tree, just using a different tack.
                  4) When I show you, once again, how the context doesn't necessarily match the stat you keep pointing to, your response is to claim I missed your point.
                  5) I try to reach out in an effort to see where I allegedly missed your point and your response: try to act like you're walking away as some sort of martyr.

You're right, we're done. I clearly can't come to any reasonable understanding with someone who's more interested in trying to play the victim and move the goal posts.

Comment

Thumbs up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                      Thumbs up!!!
                      Is this kinda the GAC Kiss of Death?

Comment

A lot of people hear option and don't realize it's a big play offense when done right.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
                          No one person is necessarily smarter then the other when it comes to football

Comment

OBU could definitely grab another gear in the next 2 weeks and be a contender once they get to the playoffs. I have seen NW and Pitt do it. It's not common, but it happens. It's what Tjeerdsma at NW was better at than anyone I've ever seen in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              OBU could definitely grab another gear in the next 2 weeks and be a contender once they get to the playoffs. I have seen NW and Pitt do it. It's not common, but it happens. It's what Tjeerdsma at NW was better at than anyone I've ever seen in D2.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X