Re: Uam earns a bowl game

Hope the UAM Fans travel to see it!

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
      Hope the UAM Fans travel to see it!

Comment

Busses left campus this morning full of students. beautiful weather. going to be a great day to be a Boll Weevil

Comment

Today I will wear a different shade of green, along with some blue and purple to support the GAC postseason teams. Here's to a 3-0 day!

Comment

Comment

Good luck today!!!

Comment

Weevils up 19-18 with 5:25 in third

Comment

Emporia up 24-19 4:12 in third

Comment

Emporia leads 30-22 with 2:02 left in game.
                    Lots of great effort. Will be interested to see official stats.

Comment

Well, here they are and just as I assumed yesterday, we won everywhere but the scoreboard. https://www.uamsports.com/boxscore.a...otball&id=2286

I'm very proud of the Team's development this year. Look forward to recruiting and the Spring.

It should be a very interesting off season.

Comment

Going to be hard to replace a Cole Sears and some very key pieces in the defensive front 7, but this team has some good young pieces and with the right recruiting philosophy, they can be top 4 conference every year. Just a mixture of discipline and not relying too much on the JUCO ranks will benefit them in getting the system kids they need IMO. Going to be fun to watch these young ones develop. This year's sophomore class was really good and blended with the junior class will keep some momentum. Need to back fill with recruiting. Plenty of passion with these guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
                          Well, here they are and just as I assumed yesterday, we won everywhere but the scoreboard. https://www.uamsports.com/boxscore.a...otball&id=2286

I'm very proud of the Team's development this year. Look forward to recruiting and the Spring.

It should be a very interesting off season.
                          When ESU went up 30-22 in the fourth quarter they did it despite being 0-fer on third down, missing every PAT attempt, having not forced a turnover at that point, having more penalties for more yards and UAM having had the ball for like ten more minutes of possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                            When ESU went up 30-22 in the fourth quarter they did it despite being 0-fer on third down, missing every PAT attempt, having not forced a turnover at that point, having more penalties for more yards and UAM having had the ball for like ten more minutes of possession.
                            ESU scored quick: scoring drives of 5, 6, 3, 4 and 4 plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Dad 52 View Post
                              Going to be hard to replace a Cole Sears and some very key pieces in the defensive front 7, but this team has some good young pieces and with the right recruiting philosophy, they can be top 4 conference every year. Just a mixture of discipline and not relying too much on the JUCO ranks will benefit them in getting the system kids they need IMO. Going to be fun to watch these young ones develop. This year's sophomore class was really good and blended with the junior class will keep some momentum. Need to back fill with recruiting. Plenty of passion with these guys!
                              Agreed, but I really like what Caleb Canady showed when he played against Harding and Arkansas Tech. Will be interesting to see how Spring goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                                Not taking anything away from ESU, noting that this was predicted to be a blowout. We blocked several PATs and defended well on 2 pt conversions. We hung tough when behind. It was great see the effort! I don't get to watch your team like you do, so I understand a little frustration. Lord knows, I've had my share over the last several years. Hornets are big and athletic! Weevils hung tough.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X