Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uam earns a bowl game

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
    Not taking anything away from ESU, noting that this was predicted to be a blowout. We blocked several PATs and defended well on 2 pt conversions. We hung tough when behind. It was great see the effort! I don't get to watch your team like you do, so I understand a little frustration. Lord knows, I've had my share over the last several years. Hornets are big and athletic! Weevils hung tough.
    Not frustrated - just trying to point out what you meant by winning everywhere but the scoreboard. And I left out getting a punt blocked inside the 20 yard line.

I think this came down to experience and finding a way to win.
    The Hornets have come from behind twice this year after trailing by at least ten points in the second half. A lot of that is because of Braxton Marstall. That guy doesn't let anything rattle him.
    The drive after he got knocked out of the game on the option pitch, he came back and went four for four for 66 yards and ran for nine more on two carries. That's six play for 75 yards on a five play, 63 yard drive because of a penalty.

Comment

Time of possession is a terrible stat to apply to ESU. They run that hurry up and everyone out TOP's them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
        Not frustrated - just trying to point out what you meant by winning everywhere but the scoreboard. And I left out getting a punt blocked inside the 20 yard line.

I think this came down to experience and finding a way to win.
        The Hornets have come from behind twice this year after trailing by at least ten points in the second half. A lot of that is because of Braxton Marstall. That guy doesn't let anything rattle him.
        The drive after he got knocked out of the game on the option pitch, he came back and went four for four for 66 yards and ran for nine more on two carries. That's six play for 75 yards on a five play, 63 yard drive because of a penalty.
        we played over our heads is what I meant. The Hornets are a very good team that is fun to watch. QB and long haired WR are awesome combo

Comment

Comment

Why on earth would you go to a Junior College after coaching at D2? Something doesn't seem right.

Comment

I don't know what he coached at Texas A&M Commerce or Henderson State but may have went to Coffeyville to get offensive coordinator experience.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                I don't know what he coached at Texas A&M Commerce or Henderson State but may have went to Coffeyville to get offensive coordinator experience.
                Yep, quarterbacks coach at HSU and grad assistant at Commerce.

Comment

Best of luck to him. He will have a challenge ahead of him, but it's possible to get UAM to turn the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post
                    Why on earth would you go to a Junior College after coaching at D2? Something doesn't seem right.
                    Coffeyville would finish .500 in the GAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Weevil Watcher View Post
                      Coffeyville would finish .500 in the GAC.
                      I don't doubt that he will, but it may take his second year or so. Who knows.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X