Comment

Re: Arkansas tech

Very underwhelming hire.

Comment

Sorry ATU Fans

Comment

What a very very strange hire. I'd guess Cooley and Dearmon said nah? I'd hope they didn't choose Atterberry over either of those.

Comment

I'd recommend that these quotes be archived for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by savagestormvoice View Post
                I'd recommend that these quotes be archived for a couple of years.
                Keep an eye on the recruiting, hopefully for Bo, the Russellville PD is as big of fans as the Durant PD.

#SMH

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post
                  What a very very strange hire. I'd guess Cooley and Dearmon said nah? I'd hope they didn't choose Atterberry over either of those.
                  As far as I know, neither were considered.

Comment

Ehhh, not a bad hire, but not great either.... I mean who do you expect to get in D2? Unless you are a private school, you only have so many choices.

Comment

Very interesting. I think this could potentially be a good hire. In my opinion, what makes Atterbetty's staff work is his DC at Southeastern, Charlie Burks. He is a great coach, and has had some really good squads on defense the last few years. If he hires him as his DC, this hire might work, but might not.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGuy View Post
                        Very interesting. I think this could potentially be a good hire. In my opinion, what makes Atterbetty's staff work is his DC at Southeastern, Charlie Burks. He is a great coach, and has had some really good squads on defense the last few years. If he hires him as his DC, this hire might work, but might not.
                        Wouldn't be surprised if Charlie comes with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                          As far as I know, neither were considered.
                          Maybe Cooley wasn't really in the picture because he's got a pretty good gig currently (But not doing just a jam up job though), but I would've thought Dearmon would for sure be considered. Especially with the year he just had at Bethel.

That said, I don't particularly think it should be all that difficult to be good at arkansas tech. It's the most primed school in the GAC to be a great football program. But they have some serious catching up to do to get back with the main players. I'd like to see it happen. Good Tech/HU games are always fun.

Comment

It doesn't appear that Cooley is the hot commodity he once was.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                              It doesn't appear that Cooley is the hot commodity he once was.
                              I guess going 2-8 will do that.

Comment

Maybe Cooley wasn't really in the picture because he's got a pretty good gig currently (But not doing just a jam up job though), but I would've thought Dearmon would for sure be considered. Especially with the year he just had at Bethel.
                                Let me revise the statement. As far as I know, neither were considered to be in the 4 finalists for the position. I do not know if either applied for the opening.

That said, I don't particularly think it should be all that difficult to be good at arkansas tech. It's the most primed school in the GAC to be a great football program. But they have some serious catching up to do to get back with the main players. I'd like to see it happen. Good Tech/HU games are always fun.
                                I completely agree. Arkansas Tech has the opportunity to be very competitive (as do many schools). I'd love to see good HU/Tech games as well as the rest of the schedule!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X