Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Congratulations ECU

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Congratulations ECU

    Well played game. Had SEOSU’s number today.

  • #2
    Onceatiger25…. Congrats to ECU on a good year. In the game a couple more times. They’re definitely moving the right direction.

    Comment


    • #3
      Good year for the Tigers. More wins than I thought we would get. Coach Johnson and staff are doing a great job. Excited for the future. Several key players on both sides of the ball coming back. Again, keep an eye out for Miles Davis in the future. Kid is a play maker! Go Tigers!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes. Congratulations to the Orange Tigers on a great season. They went from 3-8 in 2019 to 7-4 this year. And thanks to the Purple Tigers for helping my Bisons win the GAC outright. Would have liked to have seen the Savage Storm in the playoff picture but it was not to be. We’ll see who gets the #7 spot in SR3 tomorrow afternoon.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OldBison View Post
          Yes. Congratulations to the Orange Tigers on a great season. They went from 3-8 in 2019 to 7-4 this year. And thanks to the Purple Tigers for helping my Bisons win the GAC outright. Would have liked to have seen the Savage Storm in the playoff picture but it was not to be. We’ll see who gets the #7 spot in SR3 tomorrow afternoon.
          I think Washburn is coming to Searcy…

          Comment


          • #6
            How does the bowl Selection work in D2?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TruCane1 View Post
              How does the bowl Selection work in D2?
              There are two post-season bowl opportunities for GAC teams who don’t make the playoffs. Both are by invitation and usually held the first Saturday of December:

              Live United Bowl - Texarkana - GAC team + at-large team usually from the MIAA

              Heritage Bowl - Corsicana - two at-large teams from LSC, GAC and MIAA

              With Henderson State and Ouachita possibly not making the POs they probably would be the first invited

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by OldBison View Post

                There are two post-season bowl opportunities for GAC teams who don’t make the playoffs. Both are by invitation and usually held the first Saturday of December:

                Live United Bowl - Texarkana - GAC team + at-large team usually from the MIAA

                Heritage Bowl - Corsicana - two at-large teams from LSC, GAC and MIAA

                With Henderson State and Ouachita possibly not making the POs they probably would be the first invited
                My guess is HSU and OBU would decline opening the door for SEOSU, OK Bapt. and ECU possibly being offered an invitation.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

                  I think Washburn is coming to Searcy…
                  You’re probably right unless the committee drops us to the 3rd or 4th spot due to fading SOS in which case we might host Lindenwood. Somebody (I.e., UNK, LU) has got to fly to Allendale to play GVSU.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by OldBison View Post

                    You’re probably right unless the committee drops us to the 3rd or 4th spot due to fading SOS in which case we might host Lindenwood. Somebody (I.e., UNK, LU) has got to fly to Allendale to play GVSU.
                    My hunch is SR3 ends up looking like this: FSU, GVSU, Harding; NWMSU, Lindenwood, UNK, Washburn. Lindenwood or Washburn gets flown to GVSU. NWMSU plays UNK and we get whoever the committee doesn’t send to Michigan.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I’m pretty bummed that the GAC cannibalized themselves this week, but I’ll be glad to watch Harding represent us well in the playoffs. I really liked the white helmets Harding wore today. I hadn’t seen them before.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        First, congratulations to East Central on the upset win and finishing 7-4. As for a possible bowl berth, East Central could be invited to the Heritage Bowl given that it is At-Large bids for teams from the GAC, LSC, and MIAA. There is no ranking preference, it is solely up to the bowl game's selection committee.

                        As for Ouachita, if they don't make the POs, they will be the "best non-PO team" and would be guaranteed the GAC's auto-berth in the Live United Bowl.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Yep. Today was the first day for the new white helmets. I think a donor put up the money for them. Coach Simmons took a poll on Facebook last week asking for preferences in the decal to go on the sides (player’s number, HU or Bison. I couldn’t see them very well on live stream today but it looked like the Bison decal won.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm not certain that Washburn will be ahead of Ouachita Baptist. It's hard to say for certain, but there might be a desire to put in a second GAC team rather than a third MIAA team with the résumés being equal. Washburn's ranked win is better, but they have an unranked loss and Ouachita doesn't.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by OldBison View Post

                              My hunch is SR3 ends up looking like this: FSU, GVSU, Harding; NWMSU, Lindenwood, UNK, Washburn. Lindenwood or Washburn gets flown to GVSU. NWMSU plays UNK and we get whoever the committee doesn’t send to Michigan.
                              The last spot is definitely between Washburn and Ouachita. Whichever one is in, will likely play at Harding. Lindenwood is a bus trip to Grand Valley so I think that is where they are going. I think you are going to see Kearney and Duluth switch out regions, if that happens Duluth will be at Northwest Missouri.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X