Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 SR3 Playoff Bracket

Okay. We’ve got plenty to talk about with D2 PO bracket being released today. I’ll be honest. There were several surprises for me. I really thought there was a decent chance of us getting two GAC teams in. If HSU had won the BOTR do you think they’d be in? What happen? Is it silo scheduling? If so, why the MIAA with their silo schedule get three in?

I think it had everything to do with the GAC teams all losing this late in the season. If either HSU or SEOSU wins week 11, one of them are in for sure. Silo scheduling hurts for sure. I’m still a little surprised that OBU didn’t get in, but I’m glad we get to see Harding play Washburn instead of the OBU rematch lol.

Comment

I the committee wanting to avoid in-conference rematches had something to do with. Whether or not and where HSU, OBU and SEOSU ended up getting ranked in comparison to Pitt State in the unrevealed lower end of the rankings might have had something to do with it. At the end of the day it appears minimizing first round flights didn’t seem to be as big a deal as I thought. Flying CWU to Maryville instead of NWMSU driving to Duluth, MN was something I didn’t see coming.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
        I the committee wanting to avoid in-conference rematches had something to do with. Whether or not and where HSU, OBU and SEOSU ended up getting ranked in comparison to Pitt State in the unrevealed lower end of the rankings might have had something to do with it. At the end of the day it appears minimizing first round flights didn’t seem to be as big a deal as I thought. Flying CWU to Maryville instead of NWMSU driving to Duluth, MN was something I didn’t see coming.
        I meant Minnesota -Duluth busing to NWMSU.

Comment

In some respects silo scheduling hurts the GAC more than the MIAA. The MIAA is a better conference top to bottom and is seen as a tougher conference to get through. It doesn’t help that the GAC has almost half of its conference at or below .500 with wins and losses. The MIAA has I think 3 teams that are just out right bad like SWOSU and NWOKSU. Our only hope in changing the narrative in the national eyes is for Harding to make a deep playoff run and have a few upsets along the way. They can do it as they’ve done it once before but SR3 is one of if not the toughest region in the country to come out of. I would love for the GAC to schedule out of conference games but I don’t know if the AD’s and Will Pruitt are just stubborn and lazy to stick with silo scheduling or what the issue is. I did talk with Will a few years back about this topic and his response to me was that the top teams in the MIAA like NWMO didn’t want to do it. However, that was years ago. I also think they hide behind the money issue as well. Yes we all understand D2 schools have a budget. Heck, two of the top three teams in the conference are private schools which creates even more of a cash flow issue. However, if the conference wants to change the perception of the committee and national media, I believe getting rid of silo scheduling is the answer. These are my two cents worth.

Comment

They’ve done it more than once. They’ve won the region and played in regional final another time.

Comment

Originally posted by tubaguy08 View Post
              In some respects silo scheduling hurts the GAC more than the MIAA. The MIAA is a better conference top to bottom and is seen as a tougher conference to get through. It doesn’t help that the GAC has almost half of its conference at or below .500 with wins and losses. The MIAA has I think 3 teams that are just out right bad like SWOSU and NWOKSU. Our only hope in changing the narrative in the national eyes is for Harding to make a deep playoff run and have a few upsets along the way. They can do it as they’ve done it once before but SR3 is one of if not the toughest region in the country to come out of. I would love for the GAC to schedule out of conference games but I don’t know if the AD’s and Will Pruitt are just stubborn and lazy to stick with silo scheduling or what the issue is. I did talk with Will a few years back about this topic and his response to me was that the top teams in the MIAA like NWMO didn’t want to do it. However, that was years ago. I also think they hide behind the money issue as well. Yes we all understand D2 schools have a budget. Heck, two of the top three teams in the conference are private schools which creates even more of a cash flow issue. However, if the conference wants to change the perception of the committee and national media, I believe getting rid of silo scheduling is the answer. These are my two cents worth.
              I don’t think it has much to do with any of that. I think it’s mainly Ouachita just isn’t as good this year. It was the only other conf possibility and they were good, just not as good as past years.

This was one of the most competitive years in the conf in my opinion. Three OK teams rose up this year and won/put up some very good games.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

I don’t think it has much to do with any of that. I think it’s mainly Ouachita just isn’t as good this year. It was the only other conf possibility and they were good, just not as good as past years.

This was one of the most competitive years in the conf in my opinion. Three OK teams rose up this year and won/put up some very good games.
                This year I tend to think it was more this than the cumulative negative effect of silo scheduling. I’ll admit it was tough this year watching my Bisons fight hard to beat the teams in the front half of the schedule and then play freshman mostly in the second half. It’s great for giving young players snaps but it doesn’t help your team improve in preparation for the playoffs. We either need to improve the bottom half of our conference or go to out-of-conference scheduling. I believe the donor support for the Harding program is now at the level that we could afford the additional travel costs.

Comment

tubaguy08 agree with everything you said. The only thing I would add is that the GAC should play 2 non-conference games as that would give the GAC teams more opportunities to build better, stronger schedules, and more opportunities for "iron to sharpen iron."

Comment

Ouachita got screwed...as did Midwestern State from the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalodad View Post
                      Ouachita got screwed...as did Midwestern State from the LSC.
                      I think Ouachita has more of an argument. I can't see anyone that Midwestern State should be in over.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I think Ouachita has more of an argument. I can't see anyone that Midwestern State should be in over.
                        They are LSC champs and beat Angelo State 35-17 at San Angelo. Conference champs should mean something.

Comment

They are LSC champs and beat Angelo State 35-17 at San Angelo. Conference champs should mean something.
                          Maybe you should add this to every conference thread.

Comment

It does mean something, it means they won their conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

It does mean something, it means they won their conference.
                              Hahahaha this is an underrated comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X