• Show
Clear All

• yote_7
    replied
    The reality is that the GAC as a whole is just a weak conference

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Part of it is the offensive scheme. If you can't throw, and keep a D off balance, you better have, either the best OL in D2, and a superstar type ball carrier and/or a world class Defense or you are dead in the playoffs.

That brings it back to recruiting. Winning OOC games helps with that, but if you can't recruit Nationally, use the portal to fill holes, and get good local/regional talent, the playoffs will show you a talent gap. The days of recruiting half of the state all star team and riding that to the NC are over.

Pitt is where the GAC schools are at. Still trying to figure out how to get back there. I think they're on their way, but honestly don't know if they are there yet.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by grlafxr View Post

Thanks Brandon. I didn't realize Harding had made a couple deep runs.
    Their D was legit in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• Argonut
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    GAC Playoff Results
    SPACER
    Harding
    2021 Washburn W 30-14
    Northwest Missouri L 28-9
    2019 @ Northwest L 7-6
    2018 @ Ferris State L 21-18
    2017 @ Indianapolis W 27-24
    @ Ashland W 34-24
    @ Ferris State W 16-14
    @ A&M-Commerce L 31-17
    2016 Central Missouri W 48-31
    @ Sioux Falls W 27-24
    @ Northwest Missouri L 35-0
    2014 @ Pittsburg State L 59-42
    2013 @ Northwest Missouri L 35-0
    SPACER
    Ouachita
    2022 Northwest Missouri L 47-17
    2019 Lindenwood L 41-38
    2018 Indianapolis W 35-7
    Ferris State L 37-14
    2017 @ Ferris State L 24-19
    2014 Minnesota Duluth L 48-45
    SPACER
    Henderson
    2015 Sioux Falls W 23-16
    Emporia State L 29-3
    2013 St Cloud L 40-35
    2012 Missouri Western
    With only one team from GAC making a deep run in the playoffs this makes the case for abandoning the silo schedule and taking on OOC teams as much as possible to prepare for postseason. As I suggested in another thread, take one conference champion (flip a coin or draw straws if there's a tie) and fill rest of 32 PO spots using strength of schedule and playoff eligibility requirement of 1-3 OOC games. You can start at one OOC game to get the silos attention and it would only take one year of 10-1 second place silo teams being left out for a 3 loss non-silo team to open up scheduling for benefit of all teams.

Leave a comment:

• LeftSider
    replied
    Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

I think they win the whole thing in 17 if QB doesn’t get suspended week before commerce game.
    Pretty much every playoff game Harding lost had a huge injury or multiple of them. It’s hard to win a game if your QB or #1 slot is sitting on the bench holding their knee. Not an excuse or saying we would have won- just an observation.

Leave a comment:

• Divisiontwo
    replied
    Originally posted by grlafxr View Post

I think they win the whole thing in 17 if QB doesn’t get suspended week before commerce game.

Leave a comment:

• grlafxr
    replied
    GAC Playoff Results
    SPACER
    Harding
    2021 Washburn W 30-14
    Northwest Missouri L 28-9
    2019 @ Northwest L 7-6
    2018 @ Ferris State L 21-18
    2017 @ Indianapolis W 27-24
    @ Ashland W 34-24
    @ Ferris State W 16-14
    @ A&M-Commerce L 31-17
    2016 Central Missouri W 48-31
    @ Sioux Falls W 27-24
    @ Northwest Missouri L 35-0
    2014 @ Pittsburg State L 59-42
    2013 @ Northwest Missouri L 35-0
    SPACER
    Ouachita
    2022 Northwest Missouri L 47-17
    2019 Lindenwood L 41-38
    2018 Indianapolis W 35-7
    Ferris State L 37-14
    2017 @ Ferris State L 24-19
    2014 Minnesota Duluth L 48-45
    SPACER
    Henderson
    2015 Sioux Falls W 23-16
    Emporia State L 29-3
    2013 St Cloud L 40-35
    2012 Missouri Western L 45-21

Leave a comment:

• LeftSider
    replied
    Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
    Bottom line is it’s easy to take potshots when your team is sitting at home.

I’ll sit up and notice when Harding beats NW Mo.
    OBU is sitting at home…

Leave a comment:

• walnut100
    replied

I think he was just pointing out that when Harding has made the runs it's not been when they have played elite competition in the first or even second rounds. Walnut will have to weigh in to be for sure, but that's what I took it as.

Hard to come on here and them completely knock Ouachita for losing to NW Mo when they haven't ever won that game either. Back to my point long ago...easy to make potshots when sitting at home.
    That’s exactly what I meant. Harding faced some stiff competition as they went deeper into their runs, but the years they had their deepest runs, but they have had (in my opinion) some fortuitous draws for their opening round competition.

I could just be underestimating some of the field here too, I’m happy to admit if I’m wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Hard to come on here and them completely knock Ouachita for losing to NW Mo
    Might be interesting to look at the results minus games against NW.

Leave a comment:

• OBUGrad
    replied

(3) Well aren't we talking about the playoffs as a whole, not just opening round games?
    I think he was just pointing out that when Harding has made the runs it's not been when they have played elite competition in the first or even second rounds. Walnut will have to weigh in to be for sure, but that's what I took it as.

Hard to come on here and them completely knock Ouachita for losing to NW Mo when they haven't ever won that game either. Back to my point long ago...easy to make potshots when sitting at home.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

(1) Who are you considering as "elite D2" for Harding? I'm guessing the 4 NW Mo and 2 Ferris games. Other two A&M Commerce (champion that year, right?) and who else?

(2) Where the 4 elite programs you say Ouachita has played they played 3 of the 4 in the opening round.

(3) So yes your numbers play out on the whole, but the opening round games show a bit different of a story.
    (1) Northwest Missouri / Ferris State / A&M-Commerce / Pittsburg State

(2) Northwest Missouri / Ferris State / Minnesota Duluth

(3) Well aren't we talking about the playoffs as a whole, not just opening round games?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

Not that it matters much, but it's actually 33% second round games for Ouachita. They had a bye in 2014.
    I'll fix it. I don't have an agenda. Just trying to understand.

Leave a comment:

• OBUGrad
    replied

I don't think Harding's draws have been easier, much less "a lot" easier. I'm working through this as I type. Maybe I'll change my mind by the end.

Harding has played 10/13 games on the road. Ouachita has played 3/5 at home.

Harding has played games against what I consider elite D2 programs 8/13 (61.5%) times. Ouachita has played games against what I consider elite D2 programs 4/6 (66.7%) times.

Harding has played 3/13 (23.0%) games at home. Ouachita has played 5/6 (83.6%) games at home.

Harding has played 6/13 (46.1%) non-first round games. Ouachita has played (16.7%) non-first round games.

After looking at this, I'm having a hard time seeing that Harding has had an easier draw than Ouachita. Please make the case so I can see if from your perspective.
    Who are you considering as "elite D2" for Harding? I'm guessing the 4 NW Mo and 2 Ferris games. Other two A&M Commerce (champion that year, right?) and Pitt State?

It is worth noting of those 8 above I've listed Harding only played 4 in the opening round and lost all 4. Where the 4 elite programs you say Ouachita has played they played 3 of the 4 in the opening round and lost all 3.

So yes your numbers play out on the whole, but the opening round games show a bit different of a story.

Doesn't matter. Still need to start winning.

Leave a comment:

• OBUGrad
    replied

Harding has played 6/13 (46.1%) non-first round games. Ouachita has played (16.7%) non-first round games.
    Not that it matters much, but it's actually 33% second round games for Ouachita. They had a bye in 2014.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X