Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GVSU vs Dixie State - Oct 6, 2018 - 7pm

Regardless to the quality (poor) of the opposition, Dixie has put points up on the board. From what I heard, they are a big gambling big strike team. And since they have a mobile QB (at least I think they do) I suspect this might indeed be a good game to proceed XSU. There is a slight fear of this being a trap game, but being at home should be able to push that aside fairly quickly. Like most teams, GV has a few nicks going in (Fish??) so hear's hoping that those with them can get through and new ones aren't added to it. Heck, Mitch kept mentioning Bart in the post game. Hoping he's good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
      Regardless to the quality (poor) of the opposition, Dixie has put points up on the board. From what I heard, they are a big gambling big strike team. And since they have a mobile QB (at least I think they do) I suspect this might indeed be a good game to proceed XSU. There is a slight fear of this being a trap game, but being at home should be able to push that aside fairly quickly. Like most teams, GV has a few nicks going in (Fish??) so hear's hoping that those with them can get through and new ones aren't added to it. Heck, Mitch kept mentioning Bart in the post game. Hoping he's good to go.
      I think being homecoming will help in avoiding it being a "trap" game. Hoping the team will be pumped up and ready to go with a huge crowd there. I can't wait to see what next week's crowd is going to be like, though.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by OhioDadGVSON View Post
        Would a tougher game this week help GV be better prepared for a close game with Ferris
        Still don't understand it. We have played a handful of tough teams already that have tested us in different ways. Indy is decent, DSU we faced a ton of adversity during that week and their D has some similarities to Dixie, and Tech throws it a bunch. The idea that we need a "tougher game" doesn't make sense to me.

Beyond that, it's Ferris...if we need a certain type of game ahead of them to be better prepared, God help us. Like oddzon says...it's Ferris Week.
        That will have everyone's attention, I assure you.

On top of all of that, the question/point is moot anyway...it's not like the schedule can be changed. I guess that's a big part of why I don't even get the question...it's a question that, even if we all agreed "yes", couldn't be acted upon anyway.

Comment

There are NO other tough teams to play - GV and Xerris are the top two teams and only Assland is near them - and NO, I would not want to play Assland the week before Xerris - that would not be good, so here we are - and as someone else said, we can't do anything about it anyway - can't wait to fly up to see this game - Go Lakers

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
            I think being homecoming will help in avoiding it being a "trap" game. Hoping the team will be pumped up and ready to go with a huge crowd there. I can't wait to see what next week's crowd is going to be like, though.

Comment

Anyone think a GV attendance record might be set for the Ferris game?

Comment

Does Comcast 900 still air GV home games?

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                  Highly likely, but if they're a couple of butts shy, it may be on me. (though my tix are spoken for, no guarantee that they'll be used.) Yea, biggest effin' game in awhile and I need to go to a close niece's wedding Saturday.:at-wits-end: It is family, but still... ARGHHHHH. Not looking for sympathy... I guess I made this bed.

Comment

Highly likely, but if they're a couple of butts shy, it may be on me. (though my tix are spoken for, no guarantee that they'll be used.) Yea, biggest effin' game in awhile and I need to go to a close niece's wedding Saturday.:at-wits-end: It is family, but still... ARGHHHHH. Not looking for sympathy... I guess I made this bed.
                    Well you know I can and will use the Tix so let me know if they aren't going to be used

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                      Well you know I can and will use the Tix so let me know if they aren't going to be used
                      For sure. I just put that in there for drama. They'll be used.

Comment

Originally posted by The Looter View Post
                        Does Comcast 900 still air GV home games?
                        No. All the home games are on ESPN 3 now.

Comment

https://www.redbubble.com/people/red...sc=u&p=sticker

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                            Will all depend on the weather. If it is nice weather, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Comment

GV up 28-0 at half

Comment

Need some more updates fellas - not watching

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X