Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU vs Wayne State

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    I mean, their offense is built around the running game, which markedly has an advantage in bad weather. GV's offense is built off 50/50 balls deep down field, which marked have a disadvantage in bad weather. Additionally, when we do run, it is almost exclusively out of shotgun and relying on cuts rather than downhill. Again, a disadvantage.

I'm confident GV will have the talent to win regardless, but if the weather is bad, I could see a scenario where things are a lot closer than they should be.
    So you are saying that the Wayne running game is better than GVs? Call me a homer, but no. I'll take the Lakers' running game every day VS Wayne's. I don't have the stats and frankly, the way both teams play, IMO, the stats won't matter.

I wonder what the Wayne contingent thinks about the matchup.. I guess that should be for another thread.

Comment

Wayne State is the best snow/hail team in North America.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        So you are saying that the Wayne running game is better than GVs? Call me a homer, but no. I'll take the Lakers' running game every day VS Wayne's. I don't have the stats and frankly, the way both teams play, IMO, the stats won't matter.

I wonder what the Wayne contingent thinks about the matchup.. I guess that should be for another thread.
        I didn't say that, either.

I'm saying that *if* weather is a factor, Wayne's default offense is built more to handle it than GV's is in terms of style of play. They are a downhill running team, straight in to the line, not impacted by things like the field being slick. GV's running game is based on speed and cuts. Things that would be impacted more if the field were slick.

It is just forecast for cold and flurries. So it isn't going to be a factor in the end.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Nice hedge Kle.....

"WSU probably going to have the advantage right from the start with a mainly rushing attack."

The only thing I see is "probably." Keep adding any qualifier that you desire. I'll still take GV's running attack every day, any condition, over WSU's. Tell me a back at Wayne that is better than Moss or Jack? Hell, I might even put Buck in the mix, but I haven't seen much of Wayne's crew. Now maybe our Oline is vulnerable... I'll still take that over WSU's, any condition.

But we'll never know for sure until it's played.. and played with the qualifiers I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
            Nice hedge Kle.....

"WSU probably going to have the advantage right from the start with a mainly rushing attack."

The only thing I see is "probably." Keep adding any qualifier that you desire. I'll still take GV's running attack every day, any condition, over WSU's. Tell me a back at Wayne that is better than Moss or Jack? Hell, I might even put Buck in the mix, but I haven't seen much of Wayne's crew. Now maybe our Oline is vulnerable... I'll still take that over WSU's, any condition.

But we'll never know for sure until it's played.. and played with the qualifiers I suppose.
            So would I. I don't understand where the disconnect is. Guess I didn't relay things correctly. GV's offense would be impacted more by bad weather than WSU's offense. That doesn't mean it would make GV worse than WSU. It just means they would probably be impacted more. Have to change their style from the norm. WSU would not have to change anything. That doesn't mean they would be better. Just that they would have an advantage in not having to change anything like GV would.
            Last edited by KleShreen; 11-05-2018, 12:46 PM.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Guys, quit arguing, it could be a full scale blizzard and GV would win. The truth is your third string could beat our starters any day of the week and in any kind of weather. It hurts me to say it but it's true.

To add insult to injury this will be the 29th consecutive loss for Wayne State vs GV.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEraWarrior View Post
                This latest loss is as bad as it gets....WSU is in LAST place in the conference, LAST. Wow. Can this program please begin taking accountability and accept the fact that we are simply a bad team? Also Sandman, pretty sure that was Charron in, think he missed the block on the safety who stuck Amrhein on the goal-line. Something has to change guys, wonder what your opinion on what that change should be.

Nobody wants to say it but the biggest problem is Winters. He's a nice guy and I hear a good mentor but he's not a good head coach. His record speaks for itself. After 15 years the program is as bad off as when he took over. As I pointed out earlier his record since the miracle of 2011 is 35-40 soon to be 35-41 after Saturday. What's worse in my mind is his overall record against current GLIAC teams is 26-60!. He does not have a winning record against ANY team currently in the GLIAC and he's never beaten Grand Valley. I personally like the guy as a man but he is the main reason we are in the predicament we are in.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
                  Guys, quit arguing, it could be a full scale blizzard and GV would win. The truth is your third string could beat our starters any day of the week and in any kind of weather. It hurts me to say it but it's true.

To add insult to injury this will be the 29th consecutive loss for Wayne State vs GV.
                  I gotcha.. and I read Kle's replies. But he did say that Wayne would have an advantage with crappy weather. I suspect it may be by nature that he can be negative Nellie and I'm typically drinking the Koolaid. But I'll still stand by my point and so no, the weather won't give WSU any advantage. I don't care how he wants to qualify it. His latest response was that because Wayne is more run oriented that crap weather would give them an advantage. That would be true in some cases... cases where the product that has an advantage is that much better than the opposition. I don't see it that way. He even says he'd still rather have GV's run O. So Wayne gets an advantage with bad weather just because they don't have a passing attack and are run oriented? Yea, makes all the sense to me. I'm out on this one. (Hell I should have left it a dozen posts ago:doh:)

OH, and apologies to all the WSU faithful. I'm not trying to bag you guys a bit- you've had enough suffering lately. However, my thin skin get me to defend the GV product. Others can say good things about ones program and I just had to jump in.
                  Last edited by Redwing; 11-05-2018, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X