• Divisiontwo
    replied
    Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
    i got the impression he meant covered with snow...is lubbers a synthetic field now?
    Yes. Been fieldturf since around 2010? Somewhere around there.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
    The field was not covered, we dont do that anymore unless something like 8 inches is in the mix...we plowed, brushed and groomed the field starting early am...the field will be ready. Our game ops guys are the best.
    I was saying the field was covered with snow. Saw the picture that was tweeted out from night before, and then morning of the game it was clean as could be.

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Wing T!
    Michigan tech used to run the wing t many years ago I do believe...there is a high school football powerhouse in the u.p. that have won many state championships running it as well

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
    Does Harding run the triple option?
    some version of it... someone who's seen more of them could better answer this

Leave a comment:

• JR Chaney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Divisiontwo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JR Chaney
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied

Originally posted by Cat N Mav View Post
    Neither team's fans are confident heading into this one. In past matchups, there's been a lot of chatter leading up to the game. For these two teams with their active fan bases on this board, this thread is the equivalent of crickets.

Looks like me and my two youngest will be making the trek to Michigan. That's the plan for now, anyway.
    GV fans are sandbagging. They're 1 bad INT from being the #1 seed in the region and coasting.

Leave a comment:

• Divisiontwo
    replied

Does Harding run the triple option?

Leave a comment:

• Divisiontwo
    replied

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
    Ferris has to make it past this weekend. You'd think it'd be a given but....Dec. 2nd, 2017. L, 16-14

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
    The field was not covered, we dont do that anymore unless something like 8 inches is in the mix...we plowed, brushed and groomed the field starting early am...the field will be ready. Our game ops guys are the best.
    i got the impression he meant covered with snow...is lubbers a synthetic field now?

Leave a comment:

• champgymusa
    replied

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    It will be clean before the game starts. If it snows during the game, it isn't going to be enough to cover field lines or anything.

Before last week's game, it snowed overnight and the entire field was covered, but it was dry before warm-ups started. They've got blowers to keep the field clean.

Leave a comment:

• CatsBy90
    replied

Honestly...GV may be 10-1, but they're about the least exciting 10-1 GV team I can recall and were probably fortunate the GLIAC was down this year. We had hoped that replacing our OC would result in more productivity, but the offense still runs the same tired system of fades accounting for 90% of the passes and all runs being out of the pistol. The defense was really good much of the season, but apparently the whole DL is now injured. Who knows who else is injured. These things are never made public. You find out when people randomly bring it up after the game. I honestly just fully expect NW to beat GV. Injuries and a lackluster offense don't instill much hope.
    Lots of these things sound horribly familiar.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
    switch to a gimmicky offense that few teams run...and that is difficult to prepare for in a weeks time? if we all do that it losses it's effectiveness
    Wing T!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X