Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RatherwatchD2 View Post

Was gonna say... wouldn't be like a Ferris grad to waste alcohol. Now granted, when a Ferris alum says bourbon, we assume you mean Jim Beam, and spitting that out might actually be preferred.
    No JB here. Woodford Reserve double oaked is currently the drink of choice. Goes good on a Saturday afternoon of college football (unless I'm watching UM vs Wisconsin).

Comment

Has Mitchell named Peterson the starter going forward? Also, nice to see Reid play well last week.

Comment

Originally posted by higgs21 View Post
        Has Mitchell named Peterson the starter going forward? Also, nice to see Reid play well last week.
        Usually Thursday is preview day, so we'll have to be on the lookout for the game notes today to see what the 2-deep says.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

G.V.gets7 ESPN-3 games. How so, for a team that will get one win in the playoffs?

;)
          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
            G.V.gets7 ESPN-3 games. How so, for a team that will get one win in the playoffs?

;)
            What do you mean by "gets?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

;)
              ESPN3 games aren't "awarded" to teams. It is a streaming service that a school can choose to use for their games, just like streaming on youtube, or presto, or sidearm. GV chooses to use espn3 for its streaming services and meets the criteria to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Usually Thursday is preview day, so we'll have to be on the lookout for the game notes today to see what the 2-deep says.
                Peterson and Barko 1 & 2 again this week. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

No JB here. Woodford Reserve double oaked is currently the drink of choice. Goes good on a Saturday afternoon of college football (unless I'm watching UM vs Wisconsin).
                  Solid. No team is worth spitting that out. Although I might have done that if I were an Atlanta falcons fan few years ago.

Comment

Kotopka is back at #1 on the two-deep in the game notes for GV this week, so it looks like he's back.

Comment

Is Kotopka a lot better than the #2?

Comment

Kotopka should be better because of his experience. Peterson is a RS freshman. Peterson seems to run better, but Kole SHOULD do a better job at reading the Defense. I'm not sure who is better, but one has to trust the staff since they see them in practice and review the tapes. Through 4 games.... both can and have the skills to do better.

Comment

Kotopka should be better because of his experience. Peterson is a RS freshman. Peterson seems to run better, but Kole K SHOULD do a better job at reading the Defense. I'm not sure who is better, but one has to trust the staff since they see them in practice and review the tapes. Through 4 games.... both can and have the skills to do better.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                            Kotopka should be better because of his experience. Peterson is a RS freshman. Peterson seems to run better, but Kole K SHOULD do a better job at reading the Defense. I'm not sure who is better, but one has to trust the staff since they see them in practice and review the tapes. Through 4 games.... both can and have the skills to do better.

Comment

To me Cole has played much better than Cade, he played well last year at SVSU, played well enough to pull out a win against DU last year, played well against Edinboro with a very young O line...same against DSU until he was hurt...given that Cole has two years left and Cade has three years left I am not sure why the desire for Cade to " take his lumps" his lumps could mean losting a few games...not that Cole is a guaranteed win either btw...Cole seems to find the tight ends and backs better than Cade....Cade is a faster runner I think...over all I think we will need BOTH guys going forward anyway...a running QB is joining to get hurt some...both will get better also...I guess this is a very good problem to have going forward! With our top 2 backs out now we are going to have to lean on the young backs to pick up the blitzs also...that didnt happen last week...we will see how they look going forward...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

To me Cole has played much better than Cade, he played well last year at SVSU, played well enough to pull out a win against DU last year, played well against Edinboro with a very young O line...same against DSU until he was hurt...given that Cole has two years left and Cade has three years left I am not sure why the desire for Cade to " take his lumps" his lumps could mean losting a few games...not that Cole is a guaranteed win either btw...Cole seems to find the tight ends and backs better than Cade....Cade is a faster runner I think...over all I think we will need BOTH guys going forward anyway...a running QB is joining to get hurt some...both will get better also...I guess this is a very good problem to have going forward! With our top 2 backs out now we are going to have to lean on the young backs to pick up the blitzs also...that didnt happen last week...we will see how they look going forward...
                                Well, we just encountered the scenario I identified and you referenced above. Personally, when we lose a game like Saturday I see a substantial benefit in allowing Cade to learn from that experience and grow from it. Given Kotopeka has been in the program for 5 years and continues to make avoidable mistakes, I would take the long term view of making the switch to Cade now and allow him to learn and grow since we don't seem to be going anywhere on Kotopeka's watch (or Mitchell's for that matter, so maybe we're just adding floors to a burning building).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X