Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it make things worse that AU was playing with 3 back ups in the secondary ( #5 So, #36 Fr, #20 So) due to injuries and held GV to 150 yards passing or rushing for 234 yards without our starting center (who has yet to play this year) and back up RG against arguably one the best GV defenses they have had in a long time? Ah you know I'm just excited!! What a game, what a finish. AU found a way. Even though we might have not been the better team tonight the W is flying home with the Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredAU View Post
      Does it make things worse that AU was playing with 3 back ups in the secondary ( #5 So, #36 Fr, #20 So) due to injuries and held GV to 150 yards passing or rushing for 234 yards without our starting center (who has yet to play this year) and back up RG against arguably one the best GV defenses they have had in a long time? Ah you know I'm just excited!! What a game, what a finish. AU found a way. Even though we might have not been the better team tonight the W is flying home with the Eagles!
      Shut up - everyone has injuries - it doesn't matter who you had or didn't have GV gave you the game - rediculous

Comment

Had to come back...wow we blew what appeared to be an easy win by making no adjustments - the middle was wide open for passes but we didn't throw there hardly at all until the end - the last two passes - we ran the same plays even though the assland D adjusted to what we were doing - we tried kotopka runs to many times in the second half - SHORT PASSES OVER THE MIDDLE - RUNS - MOVE THE CHAINS - RUN THE CLOCK

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

Shut up - everyone has injuries - it doesn't matter who you had or didn't have GV gave you the game - rediculous
          Oh come on Billy, I haven't posted in a long time, I had to give a little friendly GV jab there. Opposing teams of GV only get so many chances to do give that jab. I do agree with you on GV rushing only two, got to bring more pressure on that last play but what a catch. Good luck the rest of the year and in the playoffs. Hopefully AU does not have a let down next week home against DU after tonight's emotional win. Got to win out for a chance at the the post season. Ok, back to my cave for some hibernation.

Comment

Oh come on Billy, I haven't posted in a long time, I had to give a little friendly GV jab there. Opposing teams of GV only get so many chances to do give that jab. I do agree with you on GV rushing only two, got to bring more pressure on that last play but what a catch. Good luck the rest of the year and in the playoffs. Hopefully AU does not have a let down next week home against DU after tonight's emotional win. Got to win out for a chance at the the post season. Ok, back to my cave for some hibernation.
            You win out you are in the play offs - GV now has to win out to make it - if we lose another we are out - we both finish 9-2 you have the head-to-head - GV has to finish 10-1 to make it

Comment

It isn't that hard to hold GV to <150 passing yards lately. It didn't help that GV lost its best player in the 1st quarter on what should have been called targeting or a hit on a defenseless receiver. GV's defense was good for three quarters and then...welp.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
                Agreed o the rush for the final play - rushing two, basically giving the qv all the time to set up and throw it to the endzone - f--k - I'm pissed that the O did nothing the whole 2nd half -.the middle was.open all d-m night and we tried those back shoulder sideline passes - come on - that sucks big time - GV was better then Ashland and should not have been close - f-- k
                Now that's funny! It shouldn't have been close. What game were you watching? AU did nothing offensively in the first half. GVSU did nothing offensively until their 2 minute drive in the 4th quarter. AU rushed for 234 yards and had 50 more total yards...but it shouldn't have been close. Freaking amazing!

Comment

Congrats to the Eagles! Way for those kids to keep fighting. BTW, your WR #6 needs to be moved to the defensive backfield. GV? Another MM classic. SMH.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                    Congrats to the Eagles! Way for those kids to keep fighting. BTW, your WR #6 needs to be moved to the defensive backfield. GV? Another MM classic. SMH.
                    Indeed. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory: the Mitchell mantra.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

Indeed. Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory: the Mitchell mantra.
                      Don't buy into his crap - he's just stirring the pot

Comment

Originally posted by eagler927 View Post

Now that's funny! It shouldn't have been close. What game were you watching? AU did nothing offensively in the first half. GVSU did nothing offensively until their 2 minute drive in the 4th quarter. AU rushed for 234 yards and had 50 more total yards...but it shouldn't have been close. Freaking amazing!
                        I have seen assland play this year a couple times and GV should have won by two scoees - they didn't and that's on them - and if you have watched any GV games this year you would know the pass isn't as big a deal as in prior years

Comment

So much to say about last night's game, but.... GV has got to figure out their O. Not sure they can with 5 weeks in. Injuries aren't helping either, but ya gotta play. As a plus, GV does control it's own faith. But again, it's got to get more from it's O. It does seem that when the pressure is on the O has been able to move the ball better. It's easy to criticize playcalling, but I wonder if GV is so afraid of TOvers's that during the course of the game, they keep the O at low risk. (Especially with the way the D has been solidly playing) Then when it's worth the risk... trailing and needing a score, they open up the playbook and sling it around. Sure did appear that GV left a bunch of opportunities on the field.. again.. but is it that the players.. and staff... is overly concerned about mistakes so they throttle the risk down? Of course untimed penalties don't help... and yes, both teams deal with this, but PI's are what again? Damn, I'm pissed. Here's hoping the team is somehow going to move forward on this loss, but it's a tough, tough one to take.

Comment

I'm not impressed at all by Kotopka. He throws awful picks and misses so many open receivers. The only positives are he is hard to bring down and has a big arm, but the decision making and reads are just severely lacking. I'd much rather just roll with Peterson. He already seems to have a much better command of the offense and has that knack for making the big play when we need it.

Comment

HA HA HA HA >>>>> Cant have an EPIC comeback without an EPIC CHOKE..... A+ Grand Valley....

Comment

When a Laker fan finally acknowledges that as long as Matt Mitchell is the head coach at Grand Valley there will be epic failures. However, the sun comes up the following day and you no longer have the need to post derisive posts on the D2 message board. Life is too short Laker fans, next year football season opens in 292 days and the next super signing class by Matt Mitchell is only 5 months away..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X