Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris at O-WE-CHITA

After looking at several of Ferris's games heres "MY" assessment of Ferris and the next game. And yes I'm biased.

1. This year's Ferris team is down from last year. While Ouachita is up defensively and the offense is peaking at the right time.
    2. Ferris's big tackle #52 looks slow to me. He better be prepaired against our smaller but very fast defensive ends.
    3. Jayru Campbell better play or Ferris has no chance.
    4. Ferris will be playing at our cow pasture.

My score prediction is Ouachita 21- Ferris 10

Re: Ferris at O-WE-CHITA

Based on what I have seen in person you might want Jayru over the backup. I thought that the backup Russell played VERY well and I think he is actually a better passer. Both healthy yea Campbell might be a better runner but over all I think I would take Russell.

Comment

I was more impressed with Russell last year than their regular starter as well. Kid can play. Have not seen enough of a Campbell yet to know much about this year.

I do know the Ouachita defense is for real this year. They have allowed one TD or fewer to 9 of the 12 opponents this year. Three of those were ranked. Do I think Ferris will score a few TDs? Probably. Do I think it will be in the 30s or 40s? Nope.

Comment

Comment

Well GVSU held Indy to 7 points also and we all know how much that team stinks...so you better have more than that...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
            Well GVSU held Indy to 7 points also and we all know how much that team stinks...so you better have more than that...
            Well OBU has done that to basically everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
              After looking at several of Ferris's games heres "MY" assessment of Ferris and the next game. And yes I'm biased.

1. This year's Ferris team is down from last year. While Ouachita is up defensively and the offense is peaking at the right time.
              2. Ferris's big tackle #52 looks slow to me. He better be prepaired against our smaller but very fast defensive ends.

Cow pasture? Is your natural turf in poor condition?

Comment

Originally posted by EricCartman View Post
                Cow pasture? Is your natural turf in poor condition?

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post

Ferris doesn't care about speed. NW has very good team speed, especially on the DL. FSU just ran them over.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                    Ferris doesn't care about speed. NW has very good team speed, especially on the DL. FSU just ran them over.

Comment

Ferris has a history of underperforming. It's what they do. 600 yds of offense and should yield a lot more than 27 points. They almost played around and had a win stolen from them yesterday.

Will they choke again? We will find out. I also think their mens BB championship last year could help in the mental aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
                        Ferris has a history of underperforming. It's what they do. 600 yds of offense and should yield a lot more than 27 points. They almost played around and had a win stolen from them yesterday.

Will they choke again? We will find out. I also think their mens BB championship last year could help in the mental aspect.
                        Lol, Ian. What?

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post
                          Lol, Ian. What?
                          There are numerous examples of teams winning championships after their school (or city) won in a different sport. Those new champions credited the first champions in providing extra motivation because they had a "front row seat" to all the hoopla that comes from winning a title. NW mens BB, Florida mens BB, UConn mens BB (after the women), and the Eagles winning last year's Superbowl are some examples. Obviously, it's not a guarantee, but I think it can help. Especially for a team known for "choking."

Comment

Comment

It's not a reach. Players from those teams gave the credit. Will it be the main reason if they win it all? Of course not. But it can help.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X