Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ferris at O-WE-CHITA

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    It's not a reach. Players from those teams gave the credit. Will it be the main reason if they win it all? Of course not. But it can help.

Comment

Believe what you want. I'll believe the people that actually won the championships.

Comment

Damn it. We better tell Coach Shock that he needs to start recruiting basketball players to help our football team win a national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
          Damn it. We better tell Coach Shock that he needs to start recruiting basketball players to help our football team win a national championship.
          Can't hurt. Nothing else you've ever done has worked.

Comment

no, it becomes a part of the culture. thats why schools with winning cultures, preach culture... it is a factor, it is not the factor. that is how i interpret what Ian wrote.

Comment

Well Ouachita normally has a dang good tennis team and won a couple conference championships in soccer and basketball so we should be fine.

This line of logic is absurd. That a team has an advantage cause thier basketball team is good.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post
                Well Ouachita normally has a dang good tennis team and won a couple conference championships in soccer and basketball so we should be fine.

This line of logic is absurd. That a team has an advantage cause thier basketball team is good.
                Who said anything about an advantage? I said it could help the mental aspect. Again, players who won the championship brought it up. Your analogy is quite poor. There is no hoopla surrounding a tennis conf championships. Now THAT's a reach.

Comment

Who said anything about an advantage? I said it could help the mental aspect. Again, players who won the championship brought it up. Your analogy is quite poor. There is no hoopla surrounding a tennis conf championships. Now THAT's a reach.
                  Ian you can't teach stupid with these OBU people. They moved the cows on to the field to graze and cut the field for the game Saturday.

We had over 600 yards of offense and 27 points - fumble on the 4 yd line going in for a touchdown, 2 missed short field goals, int, onside kick that NWMS recovered. We should have over 30 at the half. I will take it with the 2nd and 3rd string QB playing. We pretty much dominated the line...well balanced effort to get the 600 yards. All the respect to NWMS - 2 long road trips back to back.

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
                    Ian you can't teach stupid with these OBU people. They moved the cows on to the field to graze and cut the field for the game Saturday.

We had over 600 yards of offense and 27 points - fumble on the 4 yd line going in for a touchdown, 2 missed short field goals, int, onside kick that NWMS recovered. We should have over 30 at the half. I will take it with the 2nd and 3rd string QB playing. We pretty much dominated the line...well balanced effort to get the 600 yards. All the respect to NWMS - 2 long road trips back to back.

Comment

They won't be getting 600 yards come this Saturday at the CLIFF. I'll bet my last beer on that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
                        They won't be getting 600 yards come this Saturday at the CLIFF. I'll bet my last beer on that!!!!
                        You and that last beer again..lol. Anyway, nobody's getting 600 yds on that field. You guys getting any more rain this week?

Comment

For a couple of years now I've been a fanatic on this message board and I've maybe said stuff that even I didn't believe but would say it anyway. Did I say we would beat Ferris last year? Yes. Did I actually believe that? NO. But I actually believe we will beat Ferris in a defensive showdown SATURDAY. Our defense has showed up all season and I don't see them not showing up for the biggest game so far in OBU football history.

Comment

You act as if I'm saying its brought up in team meetings every week or something. That's not what I'm saying at all.

I suppose just forget it, because you can't comprehend. Like Greenman said, it's a culture thing.

Comment

There is no hoopla surrounding a tennis conf championships. Now THAT's a reach.
                              Actually our Tennis team being so dominant was kind of a big deal on campus. Especially because it usually led to raging frat parties (that if anyone reading this happens to be with OBU Administration definitely didn't happen - nope!!!!!!!!)

You'd be surprised at how many Tennis and Women's Volleyball games I attended as a student

Comment

Originally posted by walnut100 View Post
                                Actually our Tennis team being so dominant was kind of a big deal on campus. Especially because it usually led to raging frat parties (that if anyone reading this happens to be with OBU Administration definitely didn't happen - nope!!!!!!!!)

You'd be surprised at how many Tennis and Women's Volleyball games I attended as a student

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X