Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dvaara View Post

maybe he'll get a d1 offer
    Ladies and gentlemen, the next head coach of Rutgers football is at GVSU right now

Comment

• Definitely early hibernation for the Lakers. No playoffs again. Irrelevance and mediocrity is now the theme of GV FOOTBALL.

go Lady Lakers. Win a soccer natty.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post
        Good Luck next GV...................finding the right channel to see some playoff games. So sad you didn't make....
        sad day for the gliac....only one team in the playoffs.... maybe this is the year ferris doesn't choke and actually does something significant in the playoffs.... you're heckling a team that's won 4 championships...I sure hope you finally achieve something other that falling short...I'll b rooting for ya...don't let us down again

Comment

• Originally posted by 4nick8 View Post
          Definitely early hibernation for the Lakers. No playoffs again. Irrelevance and mediocrity is now the theme of GV FOOTBALL.

go Lady Lakers. Win a soccer natty.
          that is correct....we are now a female soccer school

Comment

• Seriously though guys, If you do decide to get rid of MM, I want you to consider hiring DD, that's David Dean. Funny thing is he's currently coaching at West Ga and might be fired this year because the team under performed this year, but don't mind that; he has the program building skills that GV reveres and he is a two time national championship coach.

Comment

• Several things to remember Laker Nation. No conflicts with the holidays and Laker Football, 107 days to go until Matt's next super signing class and the sun will come up tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                Seriously though guys, If you do decide to get rid of MM, I want you to consider hiring DD, that's David Dean. Funny thing is he's currently coaching at West Ga and might be fired this year because the team under performed this year, but don't mind that; he has the program building skills that GV reveres and he is a two time national championship coach.
                I would take him, at least with his southern charm and past record of winning championships he might convince me to buy season tickets again..

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish1916 View Post

I would take him, at least with his southern charm and past record of winning championships he might convince me to buy season tickets again..
                  maybe Davenport will swap coaches with us...I'd take sparky in a heartbeat

Comment

• Comment

I would hope that if a change is going to be made that the search committee take a look at Ryan Brady current SVSU coach and ex GV player. But agree that too many people in the athletic dept. and university administration are perfectly happy with the state of Grand Valley athletics.

Comment

I would hope that if a change is going to be made that the search committee take a look at Ryan Brady current SVSU coach and ex GV player. But agree that too many people in the athletic dept. and university administration are perfectly happy with the state of Grand Valley athletics.
                        I'd say that winning 12 of the last 15 director's cups gives them good reason to be happy with the state of Grand Valley athletics

Comment

Please take him. The SVSU season was a debacle.

Comment

Sparky was suspended for today's SVSU game.

Comment

• The play looked very uninspired today, IMO. It didn't seem like anyone on the GV sideline wanted to even be there today. There wasn't much energy, kind of felt like a game that had zero meaning. I don't know why that is.

I just don't believe the QB play for GV is anywhere close to the level it needs to be. 22 TD/15 INT ratio is the closest it has been in a long time. I was confused by a lot of playcalling all year long, and that culminated today. We took a timeout on a 3rd and 1 with 10 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, trailing by a TD, and we come out with a vanilla run that gets stuffed to bring up 4th down because the defense knows we don't have much of a threat to pass on 3rd and short. Then, halfway through the 4th quarter and down 2 TD's, we're punting. It just felt like the team gave up as soon as Wayne took the lead. I dunno. I know there were a lot of players missing. Paritee only played one snap I'm pretty sure. Tariq Reid wasn't playing but I don't think that was a factor because ACV had a good game. The team was 4-for-16 passing the ball. That's a line I would expect from a triple option team that held the lead for most of the game. There were a lot of DB injuries all year long.

I obviously don't know anything. I'm an idiot moron. But it just feels like we're at the point where we're still trying to just do whatever we want to do and expecting to have our way with anyone we go up against as long as we are executing *our* game. But I don't think that flies anymore. You've gotta scheme things in to target the opponents' weaknesses, you've gotta have some variety, you've gotta put guys in a position to be successful week-to-week. It seems like we go out there doing the same thing every week when everyone knows what we are doing. Feels like you can watch any game tape from the last...10 years, and you can develop a defensive game plan from it if you are facing GV.

I think there are some positives to take away. I felt like Daevon Anderson is a weapon that can take a top off a defense. It is too bad he got hurt halfway through the season. He just needs a QB who can get him the ball 50 yards downfield with accuracy because it feels like nobody can keep him in front. He's always open on that post route. I feel like the OL was very good all year, today notwithstanding, and they should all be returning. I feel like Barrow is a future NFL player. He was incredible this year as a freshman playing left tackle, IMO. I feel like there's decent DL depth. I feel like the LB's were pretty good. The DB's were decent but a lot is graduating from that group. There's a wealth of talented RB's. I thought Josh Gorball was great as a freshman, and I think he'll be a solid kicker for three more years. Punting needs a lot of work. And I think we need that asskicking defensive lineman that is threatening 12+ sacks a season like we had with McFadden, Skuta, Richard, Judon, etc. It seems like the defense works best when we have that. We'll see what happens, I suppose.
                              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

maybe he'll get a d1 offer
                                That would probably be our best way of getting him out of Allendale. Some MAC school or Sunbelt makes him a ridiculous offer that he can't turn down.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X