Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GVSU Offensive Coordinator???

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

    I like it. Oklahoma State has constantly had some of the best offenses in the country. It doesn't really mention what he did at Oklahoma State, though. Just says he was on staff. Guess we'll see what happens. Seems promising, though.

    I'm not sure what to think about his year at Texas State being the TE's coach, though. They threw the ball a lot, but the tight ends only combined for 7 catches for 51 yards on the year. Maybe they were just used as blockers?
    LinkedIn says "offensive quality control (QBs) at Oklahoma State".

    https://www.linkedin.com/in/morris-berger-15b807126

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

      LinkedIn says "offensive quality control (QBs) at Oklahoma State".

      https://www.linkedin.com/in/morris-berger-15b807126
      Thank you! Seems like a decently significant role.

      Comment


      • #48
        https://lanthorn.com/73049/sports/in...e-coordinator/

        Uhhhhhhh.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
          I'm not sure how to take that historical figure he commented on... I can see where he's coming from, but at the same time, yikes...

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by bankslaker View Post

            I'm not sure how to take that historical figure he commented on... I can see where he's coming from, but at the same time, yikes...
            I mean...if you want to go with a "be a great leader" historical figure...I dunno...MLK? Vince Lombardi? George Washington?

            Also concerned that he was part of the best passing offenses in FBS football, and his philosophy at GV is "I don’t think it necessarily needs to be revolutionized" and "we’re going to run the football." It doesn't sound like much is going to change from what we've been doing.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
              No kidding.... wow...

              Comment


              • #52
                OOF that's a heII of a quote at the end

                Comment


                • #53
                  Yikes!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    What did I miss? They obviously removed whatever it was.

                    Edit: Nevermind. I found out...And damn...I’ll remain checked out for 2020 on Laker football if that’s the leadership qualities this guy wants to emulate. :disapointed:
                    Last edited by BeachinLaker; 01-26-2020, 08:38 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

                      I mean...if you want to go with a "be a great leader" historical figure...I dunno...MLK? Vince Lombardi? George Washington?

                      Also concerned that he was part of the best passing offenses in FBS football, and his philosophy at GV is "I don’t think it necessarily needs to be revolutionized" and "we’re going to run the football." It doesn't sound like much is going to change from what we've been doing.
                      Like I said before; it’s a system passed down from Mitchell. Getting a new OC is meaningless as long as the head coach doesn’t allow them to make the offense their own.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        That part of the article did not reflect well on the football program or the university as a whole. I wonder who directed The Lanthorn to edit the interview?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post

                          Like I said before; it’s a system passed down from Mitchell. Getting a new OC is meaningless as long as the head coach doesn’t allow them to make the offense their own.
                          I agree. Perhaps a play or two may be added.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Can someone PM me what the quote was?

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              I read the article and I don’t recall him saying anything about emulating or affirming anything about Hitler or that it was part of his belief system. If I’m not mistaken, he was asked which historical figures he might like to meet. His comment was all about Hitlers ability to inspire those around him albeit to a negative end. While I could pick many others that I would prefer to interview other than Hitler, it would certainly be a memorable few minutes. So, let’s not read more into this than was there.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post
                                I read the article and I don’t recall him saying anything about emulating or affirming anything about Hitler or that it was part of his belief system. If I’m not mistaken, he was asked which historical figures he might like to meet. His comment was all about Hitlers ability to inspire those around him albeit to a negative end. While I could pick many others that I would prefer to interview other than Hitler, it would certainly be a memorable few minutes. So, let’s not read more into this than was there.
                                I don't think anyone here is suggesting the guy is a closeted neo-nazi. That's just one heIIuva bomb to drop in an otherwise blasé introductory interview.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X