Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GVSU football season to open September 19!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    This is a great read from Yale Medicine...

https://www.yalemedicine.org/stories...l-coronavirus/
    Kind of could be said for a multitude of illnesses. The unknown part is severity and how easily it is to get. That's been a mystery with so many having an agenda other than establishing rational conclusions.
    Last edited by Redwing; 07-17-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Kind of could be said for a multitude of illnesses. The unknown part is severity and how easily it is to get. That's been a mystery with so many having an agenda other than establishing rational conclusions.
      Some of us would rather be proactive and avoid the death toll and damage. Others, like yourself, would rather watch it play out, count up the bodies at the end of the day, and then form your plan after it's all over.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Some of us would rather be proactive and avoid the death toll and damage. Others, like yourself, would rather watch it play out, count up the bodies at the end of the day, and then form your plan after it's all over.
        Dont be steaking Trumps plan now...LOL...did you actually go look at the link I gave you for stats and PPE for Michigan? I look at it every day and its getting to be interesting how some days the numbers match what TV says exactly and other days its not even close...I would also like to see a public number of % positive each day without having to fish it out...but anyway...hope you stay safe, wear a mask, wash your hands, wear a condom and check the link.

Comment

Post your opinions all you want, but DO NOT ACCUSE me of sacrificing people. Yes, you touched a nerve. I'm not going to play in the mud with you, but please refrain from such attacks.

Comment

Seek and ye shall find...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-by-state/

Comment

Comment

No it isn't. That's what contract tracing is for. The only way these numbers can be off is by being too low because people don't remember everyone they came in contact with.

Comment

Post your opinions all you want, but DO NOT ACCUSE me of sacrificing people. Yes, you touched a nerve. I'm not going to play in the mud with you, but please refrain from such attacks.
                  You've been banging the drum for ignoring the virus and allowing 18-22 year olds to play football and 40+ year old coaches to coach football games and fans of all ages to attend in some capacity. What else would you call it? I would call it sacrificing people's lives for your own personal enjoyment.

Comment

The cohort for all the data is all over the place. With that being the case, one can slice the data as one sees fit. It's an impossibility to test everyone at the same time, so in your reference, how does one know how many are infected? I won't get into the math, but basic info to get the infectious rate can be questioned since no one knows how many are infected. Plus, those that actually got infected have their own characteristics: age, sex, race, BP, etc. I have a bit of a background in this and what makes something like this so difficult is that there are few if any control groups to determine all these impacts. No doubt, the math CAN be right, but if the raw data is uncontrolled it's garbage in garbage out. I'm not saying people aren't getting infected nor killed by this virus. I am saying the stats coming out are difficult, if not impossible, to come up with unbiased conclusions. And yes, the biases exists everywhere.

Comment

The cohort for all the data is all over the place. With that being the case, one can slice the data as one sees fit. It's an impossibility to test everyone at the same time, so in your reference, how does one know how many are infected? I won't get into the math, but basic info to get the infectious rate can be questioned since no one knows how many are infected. Plus, those that actually got infected have their own characteristics: age, sex, race, BP, etc. I have a bit of a background in this and what makes something like this so difficult is that there are few if any control groups to determine all these impacts. No doubt, the math CAN be right, but if the raw data is uncontrolled it's garbage in garbage out. I'm not saying people aren't getting infected nor killed by this virus. I am saying the stats coming out are difficult, if not impossible, to come up with unbiased conclusions. And yes, the biases exists everywhere.

Comment

And herein lies the problem. You claim to KNOW all these things, but you do not. Nobody does. They are all unsubstantiated claims that you are treating as facts.

There's *evidence* that even those who never show any symptoms of the sickness and "recover" are suffering long-term damage to their organs. It is not absolute fact. There is evidence of it. My own cousin was diagnosed with COVID in April, spent one night in the hospital because of shortness of breath, and then went home and was fine within two weeks. Then, all of a sudden this past weekend, she spent three nights in the hospital with fluid around her heart and fluid in her lungs as a result of ongoing COVID issues even though she had been clear up until then. She's 25, with zero health issues. I realize this is anecdotal evidence, but it is just annoying to see this "if you're young, you're fine" nonsense, when growing evidence shows that to not be the case as it pertains to your long-term health.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post
                          But there will always be those with political blinders on.
                          Yourself included?

Comment

And herein lies the problem. You claim to KNOW all these things, but you do not. Nobody does. They are all unsubstantiated claims that you are treating as facts.

There's *evidence* that even those who never show any symptoms of the sickness and "recover" are suffering long-term damage to their organs. It is not absolute fact. There is evidence of it. My own cousin was diagnosed with COVID in April, spent one night in the hospital because of shortness of breath, and then went home and was fine within two weeks. Then, all of a sudden this past weekend, she spent three nights in the hospital with fluid around her heart and fluid in her lungs as a result of ongoing COVID issues even though she had been clear up until then. She's 25, with zero health issues. I realize this is anecdotal evidence, but it is just annoying to see this "if you're young, you're fine" nonsense, when growing evidence shows that to not be the case as it pertains to your long-term health.
                            Nope....all facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Yourself included?
                              Well, if you mean that I research both sides of an issue before making a political decision then.... yep, me included.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelakerman View Post

Nope....all facts.
                                lol. No. But alright. You're nothing but the disinformation and hyperpartisan you're trying to rail against. The worst kind of hypocrite.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X