Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious omission in GV's preseason MM interview

Did I miss something? In yesterday's preseason review with Matt Mitchell, when they discussed the running back group, nary a mention of Chawntez Moss, our leading rusher from last year, who last I checked had another season to go. Please tell me it's a bad interview or bad editing and not some 'academic issue/transfer/he's no longer here' kind of thing.

Re: Curious omission in GV's preseason MM interview

He's on the 2019 roster for whatever that's worth.

Comment

Yes, but he isn't mentioned in the post that was just put on the website about the key returning players at each position.

Comment

Didn't even notice until I saw this post.

However, I'm not that worried about it. Provencher and Young-Walls are both excellent.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

However, I'm not that worried about it. Provencher and Young-Walls are both excellent.
          Definitely, Provencher reminds me of Smolen and may be needed in passing game this year. Young-Walls has promise just never know with the time off. Moss was the clear leader, but something appears to have gone awry there.

Comment

Originally posted by RatherwatchD2 View Post
            Definitely, Provencher reminds me of Smolen and may be needed in passing game this year. Young-Walls has promise just never know with the time off. Moss was the clear leader, but something appears to have gone awry there.
            Nothing awry...just may not be available this year.
            Last edited by Irishlaker; 08-03-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I wonder if Reid gets many snaps. He had a lot of great press in HS. Come on September!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post
                  Nothing awry...just may not be available this year.
                  Nothing awry? When your leading returning rusher isn't even mentioned, but is on the roster, something has gone awry. What went awry is the question, not if something went awry.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post
                    Nothing awry? When your leading returning rusher isn't even mentioned, but is on the roster, something has gone awry. What went awry is the question, not if something went awry.
                    "Awry", to my ear, implies that he misbehaved, was kicked off the team, transferred, was ineligible, etc. Not my story to tell, except that nothing that I or other posters had characterized as "awry" is true.

Comment

"Awry", to my ear, implies that he misbehaved, was kicked off the team, transferred, was ineligible, etc. Not my story to tell, except that nothing that I or other posters had characterized as "awry" is true.

Comment

"Away from the appropriate, planned, or expected course; amiss."

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                          "Away from the appropriate, planned, or expected course; amiss."
                          That would definitely translate into something being awry. This is one of the downfalls of Division II compared to the power 5 teams. Communication revolving around starting players playing or not is nonexistent. You don't know if someone is playing or not until you either do or don't see them on the field on game day. Much of that has to do with the lack of interest from the media, so there isn't anyone pressing for answers. Grand Valley has its own network and the local media only gives the team post-game results coverage.

Comment

Here is a thought...maybe the kid is injured and he is doing great in school. Schools generally don't go into details on injuries these days. I don't know why everyone always thinks the worst about a player.

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post
                              Here is a thought...maybe the kid is injured and he is doing great in school. Schools generally don't go into details on injuries these days. I don't know why everyone always thinks the worst about a player.
                              Who's thinking the worst of the player? Thinking it's odd that he's not mentioned as a returning starter by the athletic department's post as well as the head coach doesn't mean we're assuming he isn't doing well in school or did something to get booted. Asking the question of "where is our starting running back?" isn't the same as saying "our star running back isn't listed. He must have messed up somehow."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X