Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

Thats great and all. But we need to see more production from teams that will impact the campus. Our T&F programs are outstanding, but no one really cares other than the athletes and the parents.

Trust me I hate typing that. But its the reality of the situation... (and yes I get the statement is very broad and more than just those people care, just not enough to actually impact the campus)
    I'm just not sure how you can say it doesn't impact the campus when the success of the XC programs ends up impacting the T&F programs, which draws Olympic-quality student-athletes to the campus.
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I'm just not sure how you can say it doesn't impact the campus when the success of the XC programs ends up impacting the T&F programs, which draws Olympic-quality student-athletes to the campus.
      Me personally, I think that is amazing. Clearly you would agree. Im just telling you guys the vast majority of people on the campus could give less of a **** about it. and that is shown by their revenue.

Like I said before, I dont agree or like saying that. But its the reality of the situation.

Comment

• GV Retired Bum I understand what you are saying - I watch the XC and T&F because they work hard and deliver - they are a quality group and represent the school tremendously and the coach is outstanding - on the other hand, FOOTBALL is the front porch that welcomes everyone in - it is the case at all schools, and is the reason President Lubbers started the program when he came to GVSC 50 years ago - it is easily the most watched and followed sport in America and thus has the most impact on a school - we just finished 10-2, thats a very good year - YES, I understand I hate XSU as much as anyone and allowing them to beat us any year is disgusting but it is what it is...for now - GV will be back

Comment

• I haven't been here that long, but I've noticed there are about three distinct stages of Ferris/GV threads:

Stage 1: pregame trash talk and 3rd party fan engagement. "Time to beat the doggies! / #SinkTheLakers / wow this should be a good game" and whatnot

Stage 2: game begins. "Can't do that / What a play / Need to stop beating ourselves"

Stage 3: Discussions of how or whether GV can beat Ferris anymore, moving up, firing Mitchell/AD/University President, GV being good at most sports that aren't football etc.

Someone is gonna have to tell me what this place is like when GV beats Ferris because I was two years away from discovering this site the last time that happened

Comment

• Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
            I haven't been here that long, but I've noticed there are about three distinct stages of Ferris/GV threads:

Stage 1: pregame trash talk and 3rd party fan engagement. "Time to beat the doggies! / #SinkTheLakers / wow this should be a good game" and whatnot

Stage 2: game begins. "Can't do that / What a play / Need to stop beating ourselves"

Stage 3: Discussions of how or whether GV can beat Ferris anymore, moving up, firing Mitchell/AD/University President, GV being good at most sports that aren't football etc.

Someone is gonna have to tell me what this place is like when GV beats Ferris because I was two years away from discovering this site the last time that happened
            Even more obnoxious.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Even more obnoxious.
              Almost as obnoxious as an outsider talking **** in our forum. I would say something about how bad Findlay is but you guys already know it, probably why you sprinted out of the conference with the rest of the bums.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X