Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln (Ca)

Does anyone know anything about this GVSU opponent? All I can find is they are based in Oakland, are nicknamed the Oaklanders, and played some DII schools last season, but have several D1 schools on the schedule in 2022.

From what I can tell, they don't really fall in any NCAA level.

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this GVSU opponent? All I can find is they are based in Oakland, are nicknamed the Oaklanders, and played some DII schools last season, but have several D1 schools on the schedule in 2022.

They're an Independent and play all road games. I asked them what their future plans are twice by email, once last year and again this year. I never got an answer.

??????
    Last edited by crixus; 06-17-2022, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post

There's a whole thread about them in the GNAC board. tl;dr, the school is essentially a scam - they are not affiliated with any conference, division, or association, and are essentially just playing whoever will schedule them.

On their website they have a form where players can essentially buy their spot on the team. Would like to see them go 0-10 and exit the college football landscape, but they'll likely pick off one of these schools and play again next year.

EDIT: Apparently I've gone 7 months without realizing the GNAC no longer sponsors football - maybe the thread was merged into the LSC board.

Comment

??????
        Last edited by crixus; 06-17-2022, 10:01 AM.

Comment

So our 2022 season will consist of playing a scam school where players buy their spots on the team, playing Wayne State twice, and playing American International.

Comment

Originally posted by BeachinLaker View Post
            So our 2022 season will consist of playing a scam school where players buy their spots on the team, playing Wayne State twice, and playing American International.
            What's your issue with American International?
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

What's your issue with American International?
              NE-10, 15-35 the last five years...The one bright spot is that they're actually a Division II opponent. Pueblo and Mines are nice adds, so I'm thankful we at least landed those.

Comment

NE-10, 15-35 the last five years...The one bright spot is that they're actually a Division II opponent. Pueblo and Mines are nice adds, so I'm thankful we at least landed those.
                Fair enough. This is how GV has always kinda scheduled, though. Usually half of the OOC opponents are good, half are easier. Almost every school does it that way. I do wish we had a real D2 opponent as opposed to Lincoln, but alas. Pickings were probably slim.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Welcome to the **** show that is the GLIAC now. I am sure if you could round up some better teams to play, Keri Becker would appreciate hearing from you.

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

There's a whole thread about them in the GNAC board. tl;dr, the school is essentially a scam - they are not affiliated with any conference, division, or association, and are essentially just playing whoever will schedule them.

On their website they have a form where players can essentially buy their spot on the team. Would like to see them go 0-10 and exit the college football landscape, but they'll likely pick off one of these schools and play again next year.

EDIT: Apparently I've gone 7 months without realizing the GNAC no longer sponsors football - maybe the thread was merged into the LSC board.
                    At least Lincoln's academics are in good standing, since 2020 that is. They're now accredited with WASC Senior College and University Commission. But paying to play football, I wouldn't do it. There's an independent JUCO here in SoCal that does the same thing. And they play all road games, just like Lincoln does.

??????*The WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) is a regional accrediting agency for colleges and universities that award bachelor's degrees or more advanced degrees. It originally and still primarily accredits institutions in California, Hawaii, and the Pacific, as well as a limited number of institutions outside the U.S. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as certifying institutional eligibility for federal funding in a number of programs, including student access to federal financial aid.
                    Last edited by crixus; 06-18-2022, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post

Welcome to the **** show that is the GLIAC now. I am sure if you could round up some better teams to play, Keri Becker would appreciate hearing from you.

Comment

I do think that Lincoln does count as a DII game. But yeah, they don't even look like a weak opponent.

BTW, the other thread about moving about generally has a consensus to stay DII. So one thread, we stay, the other, we moan some about the quality of the opposition available for GV to play. (Not saying that we wouldn't be moaning about the opposition in FCS.) But football competition is one of the reasons for momentum building to move up.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                          I do think that Lincoln does count as a DII game. But yeah, they don't even look like a weak opponent.
                          Count in what sense? They're not D2 at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Count in what sense? They're not D2 at all.
                            I've read and heard that they indeed are a D2 Independent. I don't know where one can find it officially, but they are referred to as D2 in several schools write ups when they are announced as the opponent. 2021 is indicated as their first season. Could they and their opponents just be making it up? You seem to be fairly well plugged in. Do you know otherwise? Don't they have to be something and if so what? Or can any schools just get a bunch of students together and go play another college?

I admit, it's not crystal clear with these guys.

Comment

According to Wikipedia they are not D2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tball_programs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X