Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GVSU wins the game of the Century!

#2 Grand Valley knocks off #1 Ferris State in Big Rapids! The Anchor Bone trophy is coming home to Allendale!

Congrats Lakers.!! Always a good day when Bulldogs lose.
    <>

Comment

Great game, and glad the good guys win, but let's tone it back a bit. The big thing this does is put GVSU in the driver's seat for the #1 seed and home field through the playoffs. Got some VERY big games yet to play since our SR is the cream of the crop. PSU, FSU, NWMSU, OBU, UNK, and SVSU all come through that region. This is going to be a lot of fun though.

Comment

Now I gotta listen to you joes until we play you again. good grief.

Comment

Wouldn’t call it the game of the century. Ferris will beat Matt Mitchell in the playoffs when it really counts. Put your panties back on GUY!

Comment

Home field advantage will definitely help. Will have to beat Saginaw and ferris most likely. It's tough to beat a good team twice in the same season....let alone two of them. Gotta beat Davenport and then win at tech. Should be able to do that but neither are a given. Home field in the playoffs would be huge

Comment

Originally posted by fitzpats View Post
              Great game, and glad the good guys win, but let's tone it back a bit. The big thing this does is put GVSU in the driver's seat for the #1 seed and home field through the playoffs. Got some VERY big games yet to play since our SR is the cream of the crop. PSU, FSU, NWMSU, OBU, UNK, and SVSU all come through that region. This is going to be a lot of fun though.
              I ain't toning a thing back. This is a huge win. True, not a natty, but it's one for the books.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                So you've listened to all previously? And you'll stop when we play again? Sure.
                Last edited by Redwing; 10-15-2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                  Home field advantage will definitely help. Will have to beat Saginaw and ferris most likely. It's tough to beat a good team twice in the same season....let alone two of them. Gotta beat Davenport and then win at tech. Should be able to do that but neither are a given. Home field in the playoffs would be huge
                  Huh? You mean the Davenport that played NMU to OT? The one that just got by Wayne today? Oh, yeah, and don't forget NMU next week. And heck, why not include Wayne. After all, they almost knocked off Dprt today AND it'll be the second time we'll play them this season. You giving any odds for the parlay? I'll wait. And FWIW, GV closes AT Dport... Future order: NMU, TECH, WAYNE, DPort. True, GV could stumble at any of them, but I can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                    How do you think the rest of this board feels about you?
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Huh? You mean the Davenport that played NMU to OT? The one that just got by Wayne today? Oh, yeah, and don't forget NMU next week. And heck, why not include Wayne. After all, they almost knocked off Dprt today AND it'll be the second time we'll play them this season. You giving any odds for the parlay? I'll wait. And FWIW, GV closes AT Dport... Future order: NMU, TECH, WAYNE, DPort. True, GV could stumble at any of them, but I can't see it.
                      I mean the Davenport team Thats 6-0. I mean the tech team that we'll face in Houghton in a potential snow storm. Good to chat with you again redwing. I'd have your same confidence if it were the good ole days of the early 2000s. Unfortunately we're both getting older and our Lakers haven't done shi# Ina couple of decades

Comment

I mean the Davenport team Thats 6-0. I mean the tech team that we'll face in Houghton in a potential snow storm. Good to chat with you again redwing. I'd have your same confidence if it were the good ole days of the early 2000s. Unfortunately we're both getting older and our Lakers haven't done shi# Ina couple of decades
                        I suppose. Nothing is automatic, but I watched Dport and their close games aren't by accident. They'll be beat up by the time we play em. They have some talent, but should be 15 point underdog. MTU, I get it. I have respect for them.. usually too much. But this season, I'm not seeing one of their above average squads. PO's are another matter, but the rest of the regular season bodes quite well for these Lakers. If there was a parlay bet I could make on these upcoming 4 games.. I'd make it.

Comment

My two observations from the game.

The GV offense is like pulling teeth when Jahdae Walker isn't on the field. It is anemic if he is on the sideline. After going up 10-7, he got hurt I think and missed the next couple drives, and the offense was just horrendous. It has been that way all year when he gets nicked up. It feels like he is the key to the entire offense. When he isn't on the field, defenses can go man-to-man and bring blitzes because there's no other receivers who are beating their DB. There's no threat from anyone else. But when he *is* on the field, he requires at least a double team, and in one instance when GV got their field goal, they threw a fade to Walker in the front corner of the endzone when Ferris had three guys on him. But when he's in the game he opens up other receivers and also the run game. It is imperative that he is kept healthy, in my opinion. He is the key to the entire offense just by being on the field, in my opinion. It feels like when he's not on the field, the defense essentially gets a play off. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but that's what it feels like when watching.

Big shout out to the defense for their job. It is tough because the way to beat Ferris is to get quick pressure with only your four down linemen. If you bring a blitz, Ferris always has a hot read ready, and that's how they scored their first TD. GV brought a blitz but Mylik had the ball out on a two-step drop and that quick read wasn't covered because there weren't enough guys to cover everyone. So it's kind of like a pick your poison thing. Because if you don't bring a blitz and your four down linemen can't get pressure on their own, quickly, then you're gonna get picked apart because their skill positions are too talented to cover for more than a couple seconds. But I think there was a good balance today. That first TD was kinda the only blemish.
                          Last edited by KleShreen; 10-15-2022, 04:56 PM.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I suppose. Nothing is automatic, but I watched Dport and their close games aren't by accident. They'll be beat up by the time we play em. They have some talent, but should be 15 point underdog. MTU, I get it. I have respect for them.. usually too much. But this season, I'm not seeing one of their above average squads. PO's are another matter, but the rest of the regular season bodes quite well for these Lakers. If there was a parlay bet I could make on these upcoming 4 games.. I'd make it.
                            there are kids at GVSU who were two years old when Cullen finnerty led the Lakers to their fourth championship (Cullen's. Third). Since then there is no reason to have any confidence with any GVSU parlay bets. Hope you're right

Comment

there are kids at GVSU who were two years old when Cullen finnerty led the Lakers to their fourth championship (Cullen's. Third). Since then there is no reason to have any confidence with any GVSU parlay bets. Hope you're right
                              They are young... but you know most played last season? (Though you may be talking more about team culture than age??) And being down multiple scores on the road to a favored rival? Coming away with a win. I can't throw any shade on this team today. None. I may have a change of perspective, but not now.

And KLE, I'll watch the game and keep that in mind. I do know that winning TD drive by GV was on the ground and from the stands, it looked like GV outmuscled FSU. Were they tired? It also looked a bit like in the 4th, FSU's oline was wearing down. Again, that was me seeing it from the stands and quite frankly, I was so wound, I may not know what the heck I was watching at any moment.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X