Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

How do you think the rest of this board feels about you?
    I, my friend, am the rose that gives this garden elegance and it's heavenly fragrance.

Comment

Right now I feel like this entire region has several contenders and several pretenders who at this time look like they are playoof caliber teams by records alone.

The real contenders, in my opinion (as stated on my regional rankings post), are (in no particular order), GVSU, Ferris, SVSU, OBU, Pitt St and NWMSU. The 7th playoff team should be the winner of Indy vs Truman (I still think Indy).

I still think there are a lot of pretenders in the region as well sitting with 0-2 losses, who have to be given some credit for being in that position. (The two GLVC teams fit that bill right now, one almost has to get in). Davenport, who still sits unbeaten absolutely fits in the pretender category until they can beat a good team (Sorry Truman doesn't fit that for me). For me Davenport, to be a playoff contender needs to beat one of the GLIAC three (most likely SVSU) and win out. Even then to get into the post-season they may need Truman to beat Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

I, my friend, am the rose that gives this garden elegance and it's heavenly fragrance.
        Why is it when I get on this board, it smells like a well used litter box. Is that the heavenly fragrance you speak of? If it is, you have a strange definition of heavenly.

Comment

Originally posted by chapmaja View Post

Why is it when I get on this board, it smells like a well used litter box. Is that the heavenly fragrance you speak of? If it is, you have a strange definition of heavenly.
          He is a dog after all. Remember they almost live to smell butts.

Comment

Now I gotta listen to you joes until we play you again. good grief.
            Hey just wanted to send a friendly reminder this morning that youre a LOSER

Comment

Now I gotta listen to you joes until we play you again. good grief.
              we're OG investers in the MB here. Line up some more championships and then maybe you guys can get partial ownership of the board. ;-)

Comment

and here I am thinking that I need to check my boots for dog dookie....

Comment

I'll forgive you all of your insolence, as I'm well aware it has been a while since you tasted victory against the Dawgs. It's also been a while since you actually "mattered" on the D2 scene. I'm so tired of reading about the Cullen Finnerty days. It's like you all sit around the tailgate in your Kelly Tripucka and Eric Hipple jerseys. You now have something to hold onto, as we start our next 6 game win streak against you. Be of good cheer, as this is as good as it will get.

Comment

I'll forgive you all of your insolence, as I'm well aware it has been a while since you tasted victory against the Dawgs. It's also been a while since you actually "mattered" on the D2 scene. I'm so tired of reading about the Cullen Finnerty days. It's like you all sit around the tailgate in your Kelly Tripucka and Eric Hipple jerseys. You now have something to hold onto, as we start our next 6 game win streak against you. Be of good cheer, as this is as good as it will get.
                    It's truly incredible how you still manage to be cocky after losing like this. The mental gymnastics are a blast to watch. Twice the pride double the fall and all that

Comment

I feel like you forgot in '15 we made it to the semifinals and 16 we were undefeated and won the GLIAC. Not too surprised though since Big Rapids is the breeding ground for cousin on cousin action.

Cant wait to watch you drool all over the keyboard again when GV stomps you in the playoffs (if you make it)

Comment

Well, well, well, where do I even start? It was a hell of a game and I'm very happy to have been there. The best live sports experience that I've ever had, and a great one for my senior year. But I have to say, this is only the regular season game of the century. "Game of the century" is a term that came from the old Division 1 system, a stupid one where they choose a champion without a playoffs.

I now completely understand why coach Annese seems to always try to make sure tempers aren't too bad with this rivalry. It seems like he always makes comments in interviews where he is alluding to fans and players to keep their cool. I witnessed the need for this first hand in the Bullpup student section. I sat with friends, most of whom were Ferris students. Despite not talking any sh*t the entire game, and even admitting that I predicted Ferris to win, they were not at all happy for me to be there.

A couple guys threatened to kill me, plenty of f*ck yous and middle fingers happened, especially whenever Fairy state made a big play. The guys behind me kept putting sh*t in my hood, the worst of which was a bite of hotdog soaked in mustard. I am not even going to try to remove that stain, since it is a memory of this victory, and it is on the inside of the hood anyway. All during this pathetic display of mindless tribalism, I just kept smiling and ignoring it all. The most I would do is give an Anchor Up. I really hope that a Ferris student is not treated this way in the GV student section, but if I ever see one there, I will try to make them feel welcomed.

It is quite interesting to me, how the Fairies do not seem to make any chants for themselves. The only time they would say a positive chant or cheer for their team was when led by the cheer leaders. Once the cheer team left, the students just chanted these things repeatedly- "F*ck GV", "Anchor Down", or "F*ck the Lakers". Even stranger, they would direct these chants at the Laker fans next to them, turning around to face us instead of the field. They loved the anchor down symbol because they have nothing to do for themselves, and they have no cheers to make for themselves. The truth is, they hate us more than they like themselves. It's pathetic, but very funny. The victory was only more satisfying because of it.

I had not planned on being in the student section, but that's where my friends texted me to go. I snuck in a artificial noise maker called a super kazoo. It is extremely loud and sounds kinda like the tug boat horn played at GV games. However, because of the unfriendly atmosphere, I did not dare to use it. But after all the harassment, I decided to pull it out after the go ahead TD. No more turning the other cheek. I used it for every good Laker play the last 3 and a half minutes, and when the bullpups lined up for the fourth down attempt, I let out a long and loud blast the whole time pre-snap. I doubt that the distraction caused the Fairy false start, but the student section sure acted like it. Boy, were they mad. I made the long blast again for the next play too, where FSU rolled the dice with the deep pass on fourth down, obviously unsuccessful. While GV was kneeling out the clock, I went ham on the thing just blasting short bursts as people covered their ears.

After a sufficient amount of people threatened many different injuries on me (they said they'd kill me well before I took out the super kazoo, to be fair), I moved close to a group of Laker fans that were in the student section 15 yards away. They all had GV football gear on, and I think they were former players. It was much safer next to them. Nothing was more satisfying than watching the fans shuffle out of the stadium after a comeback loss. All that sh*t talking for nothing, that's why I don't participate in it.

I loved that GVSU was able to dominate the line of scrimmage, although they only dominated it in the second half. There was a stretch in the late third where Mylik Mitchell got hit on like 7 out of 8 plays in a row. I was surprised that they ran so much 5 wide, is that normal? And since Caleb Murphy had zero sacks, I imagine that Quinton Barrow shut him down in the pass block. Although, Murphy did get 9 assisted tackles, but zero solo tackles. I wonder how many of those assisted tackles are legit, after the week 1 stat-juicing fiasco.

Can't wait for the rest of the season for these two great football squads! ANCHOR UP!!!
                        Last edited by yote_7; 10-18-2022, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post
                          Well, well, well, where do I even start? It was a hell of a game and I'm very happy to have been there. The best live sports experience that I've ever had, and a great one for my senior year. But I have to say, this is only the regular season game of the century. "Game of the century" is a term that came from the old Division 1 system, a stupid one where they choose a champion without a playoffs.

I now completely understand why coach Annese seems to always try to make sure tempers aren't too bad with this rivalry. It seems like he always makes comments in interviews where he is alluding to fans and players to keep their cool. I witnessed the need for this first hand in the Bullpup student section. I sat with friends, most of whom were Ferris students. Despite not talking any sh*t the entire game, and even admitting that I predicted Ferris to win, they were not at all happy for me to be there.

A couple guys threatened to kill me, plenty of f*ck yous and middle fingers happened, especially whenever Fairy state made a big play. The guys behind me kept putting sh*t in my hood, the worst of which was a bite of hotdog soaked in mustard. I am not even going to try to remove that stain, since it is a memory of this victory, and it is on the inside of the hood anyway. All during this pathetic display of mindless tribalism, I just kept smiling and ignoring it all. The most I would do is give an Anchor Up. I really hope that a Ferris student is not treated this way in the GV student section, but if I ever see one there, I will try to make them feel welcomed.

It is quite interesting to me, how the Fairies do not seem to make any chants for themselves. The only time they would say a positive chant or cheer for their team was when led by the cheer leaders. Once the cheer team left, the students just chanted these things repeatedly- "F*ck GV", "Anchor Down", or "F*ck the Lakers". Even stranger, they would direct these chants at the Laker fans next to them, turning around to face us instead of the field. They loved the anchor down symbol because they have nothing to do for themselves, and they have no cheers to make for themselves. The truth is, they hate us more than they like themselves. It's pathetic, but very funny. The victory was only more satisfying because of it.

I had not planned on being in the student section, but that's where my friends texted me to go. I snuck in a artificial noise maker called a super kazoo. It is extremely loud and sounds kinda like the tug boat horn played at GV games. However, because of the unfriendly atmosphere, I did not dare to use it. But after all the harassment, I decided to pull it out after the go ahead TD. No more turning the other cheek. I used it for every good Laker play the last 3 and a half minutes, and when the bullpups lined up for the fourth down attempt, I let out a long and loud blast the whole time pre-snap. I doubt that the distraction caused the Fairy false start, but the student section sure acted like it. Boy, were they mad. I made the long blast again for the next play too, where FSU rolled the dice with the deep pass on fourth down, obviously unsuccessful. While GV was kneeling out the clock, I went ham on the thing just blasting short bursts as people covered their ears.

After a sufficient amount of people threatened many different injuries on me (they said they'd kill me well before I took out the super kazoo, to be fair), I moved close to a group of Laker fans that were in the student section 15 yards away. They all had GV football gear on, and I think they were former players. It was much safer next to them. Nothing was more satisfying than watching the fans shuffle out of the stadium after a comeback loss. All that sh*t talking for nothing, that's why I don't participate in it.

I loved that GVSU was able to dominate the line of scrimmage, although they only dominated it in the second half. There was a stretch in the late third where Mylik Mitchell got hit on like 7 out of 8 plays in a row. I was surprised that they ran so much 5 wide, is that normal? And since Caleb Murphy had zero sacks, I imagine that Quinton Barrow shut him down in the pass block. Although, Murphy did get 9 assisted tackles, but zero solo tackles. I wonder how many of those assisted tackles are legit, after the week 1 stat-juicing fiasco.

Can't wait for the rest of the season for these two great football squads! ANCHOR UP!!!
                          I'm not sure what else you would expect inside the Ferris student section while being in GV gear. The same thing would happen in the GV student section. That's why it is the student section lol.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

Even as a through and through GV fan, you’re the one that made the poor mistake of sitting in the Ferris State student section. I can guarantee GV students would have done the same if it were at Lubbers. I know you’re trying to frame this as “us good, them bad”, but you should’ve found somewhere else to sit.

Comment

My problem at the game was with GV's section lol. They sold way more tickets than they should have for this game. My wife went to get us concessions about 20 minutes before kickoff, and she didn't get back to the visitor stands until there was 2:30 to play in the 2nd quarter, and she was physically unable to get back in to the stands because it was physically impossible to get in or out of the stands. The entire walkway was full of people just standing and watching the game with nowhere to move. I had to climb down through the stands to the ground underneath to be able to get out. And at that point you couldn't get back in to the stands to sit, and people were 8 deep along the fence, so it was impossible to see anything. So we ended up leaving at halftime and I watched the second half online instead.
                              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Well, I think that’s unfortunate if they would be treated the same in Allendale. Shouldn’t be that way. And intoxication is no excuse, because I’m high or crossed as balls at every game, but never did stuff like that.

I really liked that they packed the stadium. Who needs to sit lol. It was like that everywhere as far as I could tell, not just the visitor side. GV broke their attendance record for them. They had 12 thousand in a 6 thousand capacity stadium. People are too concerned with safety these days, what they did was far more fun and exciting in my opinion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X