Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tip79
    replied
    The game will be broadcast locally on WXSP TV. I don't know if they can be streamed.

https://gvsulakers.com/news/2022/11/...ff-action.aspx

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah. It would be fun to have noncons.
    Pitt is full of Cons...

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    Would be nice if MIAA got rid of silo scheduling, because I'm guessing we would see some regular season match-ups between teams like GV/Ferris and NWMS/Pitt. It is a disservice to the D2 product that we can never really get those teams to match up in elite atmospheres since they always have to be in the playoffs when everything is neutered.
    Pitt State would love to play GV or FSU in a non-con game.

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied
    Last year it was streamed for free. That is stupid as heck if we have to buy a 30 day pass.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
    Would be nice if MIAA got rid of silo scheduling, because I'm guessing we would see some regular season match-ups between teams like GV/Ferris and NWMS/Pitt. It is a disservice to the D2 product that we can never really get those teams to match up in elite atmospheres since they always have to be in the playoffs when everything is neutered.
    Yeah. It would be fun to have noncons.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It is.

Some of the awesome kids at Pitt were asking if I was going to go to Ferris if the Gorillas won. I told them it wasn't in the budget. They wanted to create a gofundme ha ha ha.
    That's great.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    I wish I could go, but it's just too cost prohibitive to find a flight, rent a car, etc these days.
    It is.

Some of the awesome kids at Pitt were asking if I was going to go to Ferris if the Gorillas won. I told them it wasn't in the budget. They wanted to create a gofundme ha ha ha.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I wish I could go, but it's just too cost prohibitive to find a flight, rent a car, etc these days.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

The NCAA would by virtue of the rights fee. Right.
    I think think that's right. It makes sense that the NCAA could sell it to ESPN or something and profit from it. The school just can't do that, but they are allowed to show it for free.

I'll whine a lot if I have to pay for a month of crappy flosports just to watch it. I'll do it, but I'll whine. 😉

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    The NCAA rules just don’t make sense half the time. These are not the neutral games, why are their rules to make it more neutral.
    The institutions are hosting an NCAA game.

I totally agree with you. I absolutely hate how schools have to modify the gameday atmosphere. It robs everyone, including the visiting fans.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

But the school can't profit from it? Do I have that right?

It makes sense that there's a loophole for profiteering by the ncaa. I would start to think they had gone soft if there wasn't.
    The NCAA would by virtue of the rights fee. Right.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    The NCAA rules just don’t make sense half the time. These are not the neutral games, why are their rules to make it more neutral.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

It depends. Any org can buy the game from the NCAA and broadcast or charge for streaming. I hope they do not. I bet they do. Northwest and Pitt fans will likely not travel to Michigan en masse. Those are two of the best fan bases in D2.
    But the school can't profit from it? Do I have that right?

It makes sense that there's a loophole for profiteering by the ncaa. I would start to think they had gone soft if there wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

It's straight up against the rules to charge for a po stream, so hopefully it'll be fixed.
    It depends. Any org can buy the game from the NCAA and broadcast or charge for streaming. I hope they do not. I bet they do. Northwest and Pitt fans will likely not travel to Michigan en masse. Those are two of the best fan bases in D2.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X