Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferris St visits Montana

Just wanted to throw this out there. I live in Montana, but not a Griz fan. Go Bobcats! Just wanted to get some talk going on what the GLIAC posters think about this game.

FTG

Typical speed vs size. Both teams like to run the ball so game will probably be shortened and possessions limited. Ferris is more athletic, has more big play potential in every phase and won't be phased by playing in front of Montana crowd. Montana will be more disciplined, has the ability to wear teams down with their run game, and type of defense they play could give Ferris issues. Kicking game I'd have to give to Montana.

A close Ferris win or a Montana win by 10-13 wouldn't surprise me either way. I don't think this is a game where Ferris can turn the ball over 4-5 times or have 150 yards in penalties and still pull out a close one. Montana is too good for that.

Ferris has to find a running game besides Gulker. You could tell he was beat up after the Ashland game and Montana's LBers aren't extremely mobile but they will come down hill and smack you all day long.

Have to assume Ferris won't have the refs on their side, so we'll have to see what they will and won't tolerate. And Ferris had a ton of secondary injuries against Ashland so interested in seeing who's playing and whose out.

Should be a nice sloberknocker at least through the first 3 quarters, then I think one of the teams running game will take over. I don't think Ferris offense will surprise Montana as they play Montana State every year who does a lot of power read, read option and QB runs in their offense similar to Ferris. That along with playing NDSU and South Dakota State means they're seeing the same physical style that Ferris likes to play.

Speed, that's another issue. This team is faster than last years team. Plus they have their 2 top outside receivers back. The Oline is a typical Ferris Oline. Both slots are back and are problems in the open field.

I'm going with Ferris by 7. Ferris has shown the ability through out the years to be down in a game when it seemed like they're surely going to lose only to find a way to come back and win. I think that belief in themselves and their past experience with adversity will help pull out a close victory in a very hostile environment.

Go Dawgs!

Comment

This is so exciting to see how an 8 win FCS school in 2022 matches up against the top D2 team in 2022. The only time that I will ever root for Ferris is when they are playing against a D1 school.

Comment

Montana by 28.

Comment

Montana went 8-5 last year, but 4 of those losses were to top-10 FCS teams, and another was to Idaho, who just crushed an FBS school last week and probably would have hosted a playoff game last year if not for the shooting on campus. Pretty sure that Idaho loss is their only loss to a team outside the FCS top-10 or the Pac-12 since 2018. I don't think the rest of the country understands the quality of Big Sky football.

Ferris might be good enough to keep it respectable, but I suspect it will be a comfortable double-digit win for Montana.

Comment

Anyone have a link with a free video feed??

Comment

Pretty sure it's on ESPN+

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFanatic View Post
                Anyone have a link with a free video feed??
                Can't get it free unless you are in Montana where it is carried locally.

It is on ESPN+

Comment

Pulling for all D2 teams today. Familiar foe for Ferris State is also in a FCS battle. All the respect in the world for Ferris State. Hope they pull off what would be a huge victory for them and for D2 football.

At the half.
                  D2 #4 West Florida: 3
                  FCS #23 Florida A&M: 3
                  * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                  * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Is there no picture for anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                      Is there no picture for anyone else?
                      I'm not getting video either. Just audio.
                      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Same here no video. Just got it. Going in and out

Comment

Looks like a really weird start to the game. Two runs with 3rd string QB Trinidad Chambliss and then a Mylik Mitchell sack.

Comment

Tech difficulty

Comment

Montana just had a 4th and 40 after three penalties and a sack lol. Their punt went to where the first down marker was.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X