Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Im betting the people in Delaware don't care about what happens to football in Grand Rapids either. Put back one case of Natty Lite a month and it's mostly paid for.

And it's not more a month than every other streaming service. Hudl which is what the MIAA uses is $30 a month.
    I really don't understand how you guys are ok paying more for Flosports than you are for a Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ bundle which is $18.99 a month. This is d2 football fellas, paying $20 a month or 5$ a game is obscene. I wouldn't pay $5 a game for Big Ten football or NHL hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by GVSU-2019 View Post

I really don't understand how you guys are ok paying more for Flosports than you are for a Hulu, Disney+, and ESPN+ bundle which is $18.99 a month. This is d2 football fellas, paying $20 a month or 5$ a game is obscene. I wouldn't pay $5 a game for Big Ten football or NHL hockey.
      Well the hard truth about it is that they do it because they know there's no other options. It's not like it's Michigan football where you're gonna see highlights as the game is going on on twitter, and during halftime of another football game, or on ESPN after the game is over. There's thousands of people live-tweeting the games and you can essentially "watch" a game without ever actually turning it on. But in D2, there's no options like that, so they know this is your only option if you want to actually watch. And some people will pay that.

It all kinda comes back to the actual schools, though, not Flo. The individual schools are the ones who decide whether they want to charge to see their product, and then the schools come together with the GLIAC and decide to go with a provider who charges a big amount for it. It could easily go back to being up to the individual schools to offer video for free or charge on a per-game basis, but they decided not to.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

lol well if you graduated in 2019 which is my guess considering your screenname you are spending every dollar you have chasing girls, finding a place to live that is halfway affordable and halfway decent and buying beer. That is what most of us did in our early 20's.

When you get to the average age of the posters on this board we have more disposable income and to some extent more flexible schedules I'm sure if you took a poll of people on this board the $19 a month spent on the ESPN bundle most wouldn't watch Disney or other than a show or two probably not Hulu either. It's about priorities and for you its probably more important to talk about Ashoka at parties then what play was ran on 3rd and 6.

For those of us who can't attend all of the home games due to time constraints or travel the $5 - 7 a game is cheap. I live 90 minutes away from Pitt roughly 120 miles door to door. at 30 miles per gallon thats 4 gallons of gas at 3.50 a pop. (14). A ticket is (15). Parking is free. Nachos, hot dog and a coke (10). total time a minimum of 7 hours. Total cost a minimum of $39. So I can pay for almost 2 months of Hudl for the cost of going to one game. It's all about ones perspective and what you compare it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Nicolette View Post

From what it sounds like, he should be OK.
          GOOD

Comment

THEN DON'T - no one is forcing you

Comment

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

THEN DON'T - no one is forcing you
              I'm not! That's the whole point!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

lol well if you graduated in 2019 which is my guess considering your screenname you are spending every dollar you have chasing girls, finding a place to live that is halfway affordable and halfway decent and buying beer. That is what most of us did in our early 20's.

When you get to the average age of the posters on this board we have more disposable income and to some extent more flexible schedules I'm sure if you took a poll of people on this board the $19 a month spent on the ESPN bundle most wouldn't watch Disney or other than a show or two probably not Hulu either. It's about priorities and for you its probably more important to talk about Ashoka at parties then what play was ran on 3rd and 6.

For those of us who can't attend all of the home games due to time constraints or travel the $5 - 7 a game is cheap. I live 90 minutes away from Pitt roughly 120 miles door to door. at 30 miles per gallon thats 4 gallons of gas at 3.50 a pop. (14). A ticket is (15). Parking is free. Nachos, hot dog and a coke (10). total time a minimum of 7 hours. Total cost a minimum of $39. So I can pay for almost 2 months of Hudl for the cost of going to one game. It's all about ones perspective and what you compare it to.
                I get that. It just sucks living out of state. Money is tight, and twenty bucks is steep when I can't find anyone to split it with. It was real easy to follow games for free, but it gets harder to when I'm about to get engaged and trying to stretch ever cent. Just bummed out it's harder to support my alma mater that I love so much

Comment

I get that. It just sucks living out of state. Money is tight, and twenty bucks is steep when I can't find anyone to split it with. It was real easy to follow games for free, but it gets harder to when I'm about to get engaged and trying to stretch ever cent. Just bummed out it's harder to support my alma mater that I love so much
                  congratulations on the pending nuptials - things will get better

Comment

congratulations on the pending nuptials - things will get better
                    Thanks man, appreciate that.

Comment

Good interviews with Abe and Matt Witwicki on D1 Rejects.

D1 Rejects
                      Last edited by DawgUp; 10-17-2023, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Fire Matt Mitchell

Comment

Flo does a good job - I live in FL and it’s a lot cheaper then flying up every weekend - lol - I pay the annual fee of $150 and I can watch all GV and GLIAC sports throughout the year - now, I admit I don’t watch much of the other sports but on occasion I do - I certainly check out other GLIAC football teams and I watch some Gulf South football now and then too - it’s not a bad offer
                          I am sure they do a fine job or the conference wouldn't go with them. However, I live in London now, so I am not staying up for most games, anymore. However, I would be willing to pay a per-game subscription for the afternoon games that I want to watch. I would even toy with a 5/game deal where I could log in that many times for events. It isn't the service, just the lack of options that decreases the value for me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X