Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GVSU vs Pitt State

I'll get this started. What do we know about Pitt State other than they are 11-1?

Congrats Lakers, on your upcoming win. Don’t let pred see this.
    Last edited by GorillaTeacher; 11-19-2023, 07:31 PM.

Comment

I don't think GVSU has played them before, but I welcome them to Lubbers Stadium to lay it on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
        Congrats Lakers, on your upcoming win. Don’t let pred see this.
        You must have been taking those sandbagging classes at NWMSU.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          You must have been taking those sandbagging classes at NWMSU.
          I'm sure your DL can run simple twist stunts, right? Well we can't figure out how to block them. Our running game has been non existent the last two games, but we will instist on running it 25 times right up the middle for a loss or short gain. We cannot generate any pressure unless we are blitzing. We are soft on our interior DL. We wont give up many big plays, but we will let you throw it underneath for 3-8 yard completions all day. Our secondary is legit, but thinner than usual. Our LBs are fast and can generally play coverage. We have been torched by QB scrambles and designed runs.

I do believe Garrison is the best TE in D2. But our WRs are mostly average, except one, that's it. Our RBs are mostly average. Our QB is fairly accurate, and protects the ball well, but he isn't going to run on you, unless it is wide open. Our change of pace QB will run, but is a little indecisive at times. He is a threat with his legs, if he has a hole. He was our leading rusher last week. He also has a cannon, so you have to respect his arm, too. He doesn't throw it much and the speed of the game is a little much at times for him.

Comment

I'm sure your DL can run simple twist stunts, right? Well we can't figure out how to block them. Our running game has been non existent the last two games, but we will instist on running it 25 times right up the middle for a loss or short gain. We cannot generate any pressure unless we are blitzing. We are soft on our interior DL. We wont give up many big plays, but we will let you throw it underneath for 3-8 yard completions all day. Our secondary is legit, but thinner than usual. Our LBs are fast and can generally play coverage. We have been torched by QB scrambles and designed runs.

I do believe Garrison is the best TE in D2. But our WRs are mostly average, except one, that's it. Our RBs are mostly average. Our QB is fairly accurate, and protects the ball well, but he isn't going to run on you, unless it is wide open. Our change of pace QB will run, but is a little indecisive at times. He is a threat with his legs, if he has a hole. He was our leading rusher last week. He also has a cannon, so you have to respect his arm, too. He doesn't throw it much and the speed of the game is a little much at times for him.
            So you're a really good D2 football team.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Pitt isn't great at anything except playing solid in all 3 phases. That's their jam. They won't wow anyone unless you are wowed by versatility and the ability to win ugly.

They won't beat their head against a wall to prove a point. They're good at adjustments and improvising.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerDad
                Who from the Pitt State MB posters are making the trip to Allendale?
                If you’re putting us up and paying for travel, lol.

Comment

If you’re putting us up and paying for travel, lol.
                  Our private jets are all broken.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerDad
                    Who from the Pitt State MB posters are making the trip to Allendale?
                    I wish, but no such luck.

Comment

Honestly I don't like this matchup for Pitt.
                      They have really been exposed up front the last few weeks, and while they are more versatile on O than last year, they aren't as stout up front on D. The back end of the D is a little better than last year, and the LBS are about equal.

Running QBs have been the Achilles heel of the D. Especially teams who spread you out, and let the QB run up the middle. Pitt rarely Spies them and fails to either get to them behind the line, or keep them in the cage.

If Pitt can limit the run enough to make GV pass, they have a chance to at least force a rock fight.

The OL s so beat up that they have been pretty iffy run and pass blocking. There is a chance that they get at least one OL back this week, but it's not a sure thing.

I think they'll need to score 30 to beat GV, and that's a nasty D to do that against. Not sure the OL can hold up enough to make that happen unless the D and spec teams can give them some short fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                        Honestly I don't like this matchup for Pitt.
                        They have really been exposed up front the last few weeks, and while they are more versatile on O than last year, they aren't as stout up front on D. The back end of the D is a little better than last year, and the LBS are about equal.

Running QBs have been the Achilles heel of the D. Especially teams who spread you out, and let the QB run up the middle. Pitt rarely Spies them and fails to either get to them behind the line, or keep them in the cage.

If Pitt can limit the run enough to make GV pass, they have a chance to at least force a rock fight.

The OL s so beat up that they have been pretty iffy run and pass blocking. There is a chance that they get at least one OL back this week, but it's not a sure thing.

I think they'll need to score 30 to beat GV, and that's a nasty D to do that against. Not sure the OL can hold up enough to make that happen unless the D and spec teams can give them some short fields.

I think this is spot on. Last week, we finally started spying Sukup later in the game, but he was still able to gain plenty of yards. Nutt has been slow to adjust to the running QB.

Comment

Nice. GV by 30, obviously. Maybe we can get Cade some rest after halftime.

Comment

I just want to beat Mines' ass. We just are asking for Pitt and UCM and the SR2 champion to lay down for us so we can get our revenge in the title game. Please.

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I think it'll be a game. I just think GV is the definite favorite going in.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X