• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood goes D1, joins OVC

Lindenwood is the latest D2 school to make the jump to D1:

https://lindenwoodlions.com/news/202...onference.aspx
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Wow, honestly shocked by this one. I always knew they may have had aspirations of going D1, but did not think it would be this soon. I think this adds some much more interesting drama to the GLVC/GLIAC/GMAC alignment debate. I think the immediate step for the GLVC schools would be to go kick the tires on some other expansion candidates, namely KWC from the GMAC, some NAIA schools like Saint Ambrose or Missouri Baptist, or a D3 somewhere.

I think this also adds another reason for the Uindy to the GMAC discussion, not that Lindenwood is all that close on the map. More that the GLVC has become significantly less competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
      More that the GLVC has become significantly less competitive.
      Then join the GLIAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Then join the GLIAC.
        Gotta think the UP trips are still a deal breaker for Uindy, that is why they left the first time supposedly. I doubt a GLIAC return is in the cards, but not impossible I suppose. I think the GMAC makes the most sense from a competition and geography standpoint.

Comment

Or GVSU joins the GLVC. Hows that sound?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
            I mean that would be an interesting move, but crazier things have happened I suppose.

Comment

Wouldn't that be a hoot? Especially with some of the buzz going around lately.

Comment

I'm in...

Comment

William Jewell, Quincy and Southwest Baptist should draw some crowds.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                      William Jewell, Quincy and Southwest Baptist should draw some crowds.
                      Same draw as Tennessee-Martin or William Penn...and at a fraction of the cost...

Comment

If Grand Valley moved to the GLVC, would the GLIAC website's colors be changed to Crimson and Gold?

Comment

Inkblot that has been my consistent question on facebook and other boards. Replacing all the schools where does D2 get replacements? Normally it would go after NAIA, but are there enough D3 upgrades and suitable NAIA to fill the holes that are being created?

Comment

Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post
                            Inkblot that has been my consistent question on facebook and other boards. Replacing all the schools where does D2 get replacements? Normally it would go after NAIA, but are there enough D3 upgrades and suitable NAIA to fill the holes that are being created?
                            DII generally pulls replacements from NAIA or Division III. Not sure which is more prevalent, but my bet would be NAIA. There are a lot of NAIA football programs that could swing over to DII and compete immediately (namely Marian and Saint Francis in Indiana), and some that would struggle (Taylor for instance to continue the Indiana example). If you think about it from a competition standpoint, this seems to be the general flow of schools to Division I FBS, and an odd exception here and there will happen. (Saint Thomas is one off the top of my head).

1. NCAA Divison I FBS Conference adds school from FCS
                            2. FCS Conference adds schools from Division II
                            3. Division II Conferences add schools from either NAIA or Division III
                            4. NAIA Conferences add schools from Division (or Division II on occasion)
                            5. Division III Conferences add schools from either NAIA or USCAA
                            Last edited by Uindy18; 02-24-2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

DII generally pulls replacements from NAIA or Division III. Not sure which is more prevalent, but my bet would be NAIA. There are a lot of NAIA football programs that could swing over to DII and compete immediately (namely Marian and Saint Francis in Indiana), and some that would struggle (Taylor for instance to continue the Indiana example). If you think about it from a competition standpoint. This seems to be the general flow of schools to Division I FBS, and an odd exception here and there (Saint Thomas is one off the top of my head).

1. NCAA Divison I FBS Conference adds school from FCS
                              2. FCS Conference adds schools from Division II
                              3. Division II Conferences add schools from either NAIA or Division III
                              4. NAIA Conferences add schools from Division (or Division II on occasion)
                              5. Division III Conferences add schools from either NAIA or USCAA
                              Another "odd exception" is UHartford (America East, non-football) dropping from D1 to D3.
                              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X