Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy at Pitt

Looking forward to the first PO game for Pitt in a long time.

There's a thread going in the MIAA forum with a bunch of restaurant suggestions for anyone who is traveling to Pitt.

Lord, is there no one excited for UIndy to be in the playoffs? Or just the salty Truman fans, that they got left out.

Comment

This place is a ghost town. Maybe they all took it to discord or some other platform.

I think it died when bigsig left.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        This place is a ghost town. Maybe they all took it to discord or some other platform.

I didn't leave, I'm lurking ;)

There wasn't a whole lot of action on here even before last year. The Uindy posters I know aren't very active here; they prefer twitter.

I was coming to check out talk of the game as well, because the thread in the MIAA forum has predictably devolved into other topics.
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

There is a few Uindy guys on here, but not may that post a lot. I mostly like talking realignment, but certainly do not have much in the way of chatter on here.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

I didn't leave, I'm lurking ;)

There wasn't a whole lot of action on here even before last year. The Uindy posters I know aren't very active here; they prefer twitter.

I was coming to check out talk of the game as well, because the thread in the MIAA forum has predictably devolved into other topics.
            At least it hasn't devolved into a thread about NW yet. That's progress.

How's 1AA treating Elwood? How many couches have you gone through this year?

Comment

Great job on UINDYs part just going 9-1 with the back-back up QB and TC out three games then really rusty coming back against Truman. Defense kept team in games until offense started to click. Back up running #6 saved the day last week even with a torn Meniscus. This Region is just a beast. Would have to beat Pitt, Ferris and likely Grand Valley to sniff final four all on the road.

Comment

Lol, LU's entry into FCS was probably as favorable as you could ask for. 7-3 overall, 4-3 vs their FCS comp, but it was a very easy schedule.

Regardless I still gotta give the staff props. The culture is a strength and playing against teams that were overall bigger and more athletic week in and out was a challenge. The Lions will have a better chance to flex their financial muscles at the FCS levels with full vs partial scholarships, and should be competitive sooner than later.
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by HoundPop View Post
                  Great job on UINDYs part just going 9-1 with the back-back up QB and TC out three games then really rusty coming back against Truman. Defense kept team in games until offense started to click. Back up running #6 saved the day last week even with a torn Meniscus. This Region is just a beast. Would have to beat Pitt, Ferris and likely Grand Valley to sniff final four all on the road.
                  TC gonna be healthy vs Pitt?
                  Cool Story Bro

Comment

Pitt has been injury plagued this season, too. Starting to get healthy at RB and DB, but OL and WR are 3rd string at multiple spots.

I've been really happy with the depth this staff has been able to recruit.
                    Last edited by Predatory Primates; 11-18-2022, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                      Lord, is there no one excited for UIndy to be in the playoffs? Or just the salty Truman fans, that they got left out.
                      Truman? As in the MIAA's former ass rag?

Comment

curious as to the uindy fans' thoughts on our game tomorrow.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

They had a good UIndy group 5-10 or so on here few years back and I'd check frequently to see what's up. Then they had a troll that was relentless and all left but one I think. If Twitter really dies maybe they'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by HoundPop View Post
                            Defense is the x factor tomorrow. Gonna have to dedicate an extra guy to defend the pass? So we'll need to continue to stop the run without sending LBs into the run gaps. A turnover or two and big plays by the WRs would help too. Any chance Kinnett or Tyler Thomas back?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDog View Post

Defense is the x factor tomorrow. Gonna have to dedicate an extra guy to defend the pass? So we'll need to continue to stop the run without sending LBs into the run gaps. A turnover or two and big plays by the WRs would help too. chance Kinnett or Tyler Thomas back?
                              The D has been the key for Pitt too. They're really solid. The O has been sporadic. Some of that's just the nature of the beast when you throw it deep as much as Pitt, though. Pitt can run it a little, but aren't a great run team. Short passing game is OK, but not great. The Long ball bails them out a lot.

All in all, though, this Pitt team isn't jaw droppingly great at anything. They're a complete team though and play complimentary football really well. The coaching staff have been great counterpunchers. A team will gig them with something for a series or 2, sometimes a whole quarter, but rarely for longer than that.

Safe travels for anyone who is coming down.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X