Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIAA to Change Membership Requirements

Seeing as the MIAA has amended their membership requirements to accommodate (Hello) Newman, it got me to thinking about another potential future MIAA member right in the league's footprint. I read on the LSC boards that Missouri-KC (UMKC) is exploring a possible transition to D2 if their situation with the WAC doesn't improve dramatically. While UMKC doesn't sponsor football, adding them would at least bring an even number of teams in all other sports with the addition of Newman; or UMKC could look into the GLVC as an option. Any thoughts?
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

i think we beat those schmucks in hoops semi recently.
      they've been d2 impersonating d1 for 30+years.
      idc if we add them beyond my general disdain for adding any school that doesn't play fball.
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Heck Emporia State beat the Roosin men's basketball a few years ago under Vandiver. It was an exhibition for ESU and real game for UMKC.
        It would be interesting to see if they could potentially get a better quality of local athlete competing as a D2 school against teams within 200 miles rather than as a D1 school in KC going against schools in the Pacific time zone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
          Heck Emporia State beat the Roosin men's basketball a few years ago under Vandiver. It was an exhibition for ESU and real game for UMKC.
          It would be interesting to see if they could potentially get a better quality of local athlete competing as a D2 school against teams within 200 miles rather than as a D1 school in KC going against schools in the Pacific time zone.
          William Jewell won by 12 at UMKC last year in similar scenario (exhibition for WJC; real game for UMKC). So it sounds like UMKC men's BB wouldn't even be a mid-level team in either the MIAA or GLVC. Yikes.

Comment

Moving to D2 would definitely save them money on traveling (California, Washington and Nex Mexico? Sheesh!). Rockhurst and William Jewell are very close; Missouri S&T, Drury, Truman and soon to be SBU are fairly close to KC and in the GLVC. I am not sure the caliber of teams that UMKC has, but competition wise, the GLVC would probably make more sense for them. However, with SBU and Benedictine (IL) joining in 2019, that puts the GLVC at 16 full member institutions.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
              Seeing as the MIAA has amended their membership requirements to accommodate (Hello) Newman, it got me to thinking about another potential future MIAA member right in the league's footprint. I read on the LSC boards that Missouri-KC (UMKC) is exploring a possible transition to D2 if their situation with the WAC doesn't improve dramatically. While UMKC doesn't sponsor football, adding them would at least bring an even number of teams in all other sports with the addition of Newman; or UMKC could look into the GLVC as an option. Any thoughts?
              The MIAA is currently at 14 schools. Baptist is leaving but Newman in joining. Adding another school would up the total to 15 (not an even number).

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                The MIAA is currently at 14 schools. Baptist is leaving but Newman in joining. Adding another school would up the total to 15 (not an even number).
                Yeah, I forgot about SBU leaving for the GLVC...
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X